WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Writing up my outline of what I more or less want to happen in my game.

And looking into what scripts I want to use to make it better overall.

Currently thinking of ways to allow the player to "record" boss hints they discover in-game, so they don't have to write them down manually.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
A CREEPS! I remember hating them for some reason, but I forget why.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Don't they have an attack in later levels that reduces you to 1HP? Plus they're thunder immune. They never much bothered me, personally, only just recently as I've been trying to animate the motherf**kers.
Got the very beginning of my next game started. So far, it's turning out alright.

Once I get a bit more of it done I can start messing around with creating the skills system. After a lot of thought, I'm not going to implement a cooldown-based system and instead just carry the Aggression/TP system I made for the last game over with a few tweaks.

Oh, and I'm trying to figure to figure out why the Battle Reactions script I'm using is making my enemies not use any of their pre-programmed skills on a turn they get attacked on. >: S
After a lot of testing, I realized that in my game, at least, shields just weren't feasible with the lower numbers I'm running. So instead I gave the shield-wielding class a bit more defense and started implementing a weapon material system of sorts. Nothing fancy, just allows you to upgrade the material of your equipment(copper, bronze, etc) to increase it's effectiveness. It's a permanent upgrade and effects your equipment as a whole on a character by character basis, rather than upgrading single pieces.
remaking 2k3 graphics.

Took about 20 minutes.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I'm working a bit on a combat system for something new.

Firstly, there will only be four elements, Fire, Water, Thunder and earth.
Fire beats earth, earth beats thunder, thunder beats water and water beats fire.
Second, I plan for there to be 12 classes to choose from. They are:
Duelist: The basic swordsmen, nothing really special here.
Sentry: Basically an archer with things like traps or something for status ailments.
Geo, Pyro, Tsunamo and Electro Mancers: The four elemental mages. They'll specialize in the magic of their mancy with some weak non-elemental skills.
Elemancer: Basicaly a Geo Pyro Tsunamo and electro mancer all in one.
Although it'll have only moderate elemental attacks (something simple like fireball not expert like Solar Flare) and moderate non-elemental attacks.
Black Witch: Basically a mass debuffer and HP/MP Absorber. Someone that weakens the enemy and bolsters themself.
White Witch: Basically the healing mage. There is no holy or dark magic, so it'll have non-elemental spells.
Highlander: A Mixed attacker.
Condor: Some ninja group, only not with the ninja stars and whatnot. Just fists and knuckles. They'll be able to boost their ATK and the like to insane levels, but their base damage will probably be poor.
Animorphus: My main class I wanna make unique.
Basically, depending on the crown you're wearing, you'll learn a skill that transforms you into something. For example: A ruby crown would transform you into a Red Wraith, a magical attacker, an Emerald crown would transform you into a Green Golem, some very defensive beast, and a Sapphire crown transforms you into a blue Ferall (Werewolf).
Depending on the area or what your party needs, you'll equip the crown that will transform you into the said forms. They'll be upgraded versions.

and the other 3 party members will also have one of those 12 classes, just not the one you already selected.

This is all I got. How does it look? Are there any noticeable Flaws?
Improved menu systems. They show extra params based off the GTBS settings ( Move, Range) + new "slot" param which is similar to ff7 materia, where weapons have certain amount of slots and you can equip skills into it.
Atm I'm trying to figure out if I can replicate the skills range in the menu. Could do with it showing a picture named after the skill, but doing it with rect would be easier.
author=seiromem
Highlander: A Mixed attacker.

Make sure that in a player's party, there can be only one.
Implemented a permadeath system, of sorts. If the entire party is wiped out, you lose all of your characters except the first one(your main character), along with any(non-essential) equipment they have. You'll then have to create three new party members that start at Lv.1 with no equipment upgrades.

Party wipes should be pretty uncommon though. Plenty of ways to survive or escape a battle if things go wrong. Still testing this system - Originally, I was going to make all deaths permanent, but realized that would be pretty harsh. Until I get everything perfectly balanced, at least.
Ooo, I love permadeath games. Well, actually, permadeath with things unlocked. A good example is Realm of the Mad God. If you unlock things before you die, or store your items, you get to keep whatever costumes, classes, and items you stored/unlocked.

It makes a difficult game get progressively easier thanks to bonuses upon reset, which I find awesome.
Working on the MASSIVE amount of skills that are going into my game.

I've got a lot of them planned out on pape-Ummm...I mean in a notepad file. And so far I think it's looking really great. I'm finding it kind of amusing that the way I'm structuring it, you can build the party's Tank as a Mage instead if you want. (you can change skill builds at any time)
I'm really beginning to wonder if my second big scene in my game is a LITTLE big too over the top...I think I might need to tone it down... XD

Which is kinda sad, since the cutscene I made is pretty badass. But hey, too much is too much.
Welp, the toned down scene is so much better then the over the top one. Whew.
I just posted a casting call for voices for my game. Tales From The Reaper voiceovers. They're battle voices so it's sorta random stuff like calling out "Leeroy Jenkins!!!" before an attack (please don't).
we're working on porting an improved version of Crescent Dreams (an OHRRPGCE game made by my partner Adrian in 2003) to RPG maker. We're currently on the planning stage of the story (we haven't touched the graphic aspect yet). We're taking our development one chunk at a time.

here's Crescent Dreams in its OHRRPGCE days
Finished up the character sheet for Laine, including her bust shot and a better faceset.

Woop woop! My intro is pretty much done, moving on to the first actual town and opening quests and stuff.

I'm kinda stuck on what I want the first actual (not too hard) quest to be. (The heroes need work, and they also kinda want to start proving they ARE damn good at monster slaying when they're very new to the business)
I have a side quest planned that can be done at the same time in the same dungeon as the first quest (get Gelatin form slime monster), and I have a "Prime" (large monster battle) battle planned for after that first quest...But the actual first quest I'm drawing a blank on...

.......I guess since I want the player to have reason to go back to that town later.......Yeah, I just now got an idea! Go writing inspiration! XD

I think I'll make it taking out some goblin encampments that are pestering the town, and make it so a later mission deals with them coming back with a vengeance, whereupon you have to not only defend the town, but also go and take out their actual boss.

Yeah, that sounds great. :D