WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Makin' a platformer:

Just a mockup for now, contrasts not yet worked out so background may be too robust
Adding sky pirates to MineCraft! They already shoot arrows at nearby players, and players can pilot the air shipshot air balloons, so now I'm working on some sort of piloting ai. Also need to come up with a semi-smooth crashing animation considering that they're made out of blocks in a rather limiting grid (for unmodded client compatibility).
@UPCR: Those FF4-ified chars look great, too bad I don't have any actual use for them...
@harmonic: Wow! That's looking effin' sweet, even if it's only a mock-up... are the graphics original?

Currently I'm "programig" a few bosses for my game and wrestling whit which idea makes the more sense: bosses that get more aggressive or less aggressive (weaker) as you deplete their Hp.
ugh harmonic you and me are making exactly the same game. this is irritating
author=harmonic
Makin' a platformer:

Just a mockup for now, contrasts not yet worked out so background may be too robust

Everything looks tiny, high resolution syndrome strikes again.
Working on and fleshing out the story for a concept that's been in the making since the Summer. I've asked my friend if he can help me with the art, music, and graphics. It's my first serious RM project since I started this hobby a decade ago. Hope the work pays off in the end, because I'm halting production on all my other RM projects else until it's finished.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Working on one of the longest cutscenes in the entire game. Thankfully any player who reaches this point is unlikely to turn it off since they've already clocked up around 6-7 hours playtime prior.
I try to balance my cutscenes/gameplay, with even the long cutscenes interrupted with quick mini game bursts/battles. Unfortunately this is a major plot point, so I can't really do anything like that. The only option I have is making the one battle in the cutscene playable, which I don't want to do because it means another set of graphics plus the battle loses its poignancy. Mono el mono playable battles I tend to stray away from when they're particularly plot important.
(Unfortunately that means I have to pixel the damn things)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Been chipping away at this game during the few moments I have for game making.

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
duds is making BIONIC COMMANDO

my life is complete
working on getting platform movement as smooth as possible before i take the plunge into TECHNOPOLIS

p.s. speaking of technopolis this still needs some work
Dudesoft
Also trying to implement a stinky system. Where the more stinky you are, the less people want to talk to you, to the point where they curse and then turn around to vomit.
Whatever the fuck you're doing... keep going it looks awesome.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
holy jesus, dudesoft. i fucking love you.

seriously, the absolute cherry on the awesome sunday is that totally righteous main character sprite
Duds, I feel les original, now. Your stuff resembles me of my
http://josephseraph.deviantart.com/art/Yume-181213099?q=gallery:josephseraph/15480050&qo=30

*me is unoriginal*

D:

Anyways, working on an shadowy single character rpg. I'm laying down the statistics and system, still. xD
It's rather fun. The main character is this in my avastar, and yes, he is a guy. And he is big. And strong. And smexeh. <3
Dudesoft
No way, your game looks way better. Keep at it. We'll compare gams when both are released, JosephSeraph. I'll have to make mine look prettier to keep up with that!

author=tardis
holy jesus, dudesoft. i fucking love you.

seriously, the absolute cherry on the awesome sunday is that totally righteous main character sprite
The best part is his ducking sprite. If you duck beside a cat, it looks like he's patting it on the head.
author=Dudesoft
No way, your game looks way better. Keep at it. We'll compare gams when both are released, JosephSeraph. I'll have to make mine look prettier to keep up with that!

I... Cancelled it... Due to... Many... Ideas... Overflow of Ideas. xD
I might get back to it SOMEDAY, tough. xD
But I want to get back to Project RSE first. >:

Your project looks very sweet! Improve it and it'll look even better, I guess, huh? I'm loving it! :D
Dudesoft
It will be worth celebrating when I implement the grappling hook and stun rod.
Just finished coding the bulk of a 'Skill Line' esque system for Chronology.

Now I can jump off of a bridge.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I'm working on a battle system and the actions that you can take in it. It's basically a combination of limit breaks and chaining attacks, and is an attempt at solidifying a real Krazuman battle system for our games. Because, y'know, we're very quietly figuring some stuff out.

Basically, you have the following roles:
-Vanguards keep the party alive
-Builders chain together hits to pump up the Burst Gauge
-Nukers use the Burst Gauge to obliterate foes
-Supporters enhance the power of other characters

Every hit of healing, buffing, damage, whatever adds to the Burst Gauge. Builders are rogue-types that do lots of weaker hits, building up the BG. Nukers spend Burst Points in order to, well, nuke the enemy into oblivion. Supporters heal, buff and try to raise the party's ability to earn BP while Vanguards tank in a variety of ways, both defensively (attract hits -> mitigate damage) and offensively (tangle with an enemy, lowering its damage this turn, for example).

Non-Burst actions require Energy. Everybody has base 50 Energy that is built back up by following guidelines either attached or equipped to a character (undecided whether it's inherent or you can pick). Examples:

Pinpoint: Restore 25% EN when hitting a weakness
Rage: Restore 25% EN/turn when HP is < 50%
Trickster: Restore 20% EN when evading a blow
Guardian: Restore 20% EN when taking a heal
Parasite: Restore 15% EN whenever an inflicted degen damages
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm

grinding through making more of the environment art for Bit Bonton.

today's project has been one of two ingame subways. i still have a bunch of trash to draw spilling out of that bag in the lower left, and i'm considering other random crap i could scatter around the floor. the problem is finding objects that are small, but not so small that they won't translate at all to bit bonton's minimal art style. that screenshot is in no way any part of a finished map- i make template rooms for each interior style in photoshop so that i can cut all of it up later to turn into the actual maps. so there will be a corner of a subway filled with trash and a dumpster, but it won't necessarily look exactly like this.

those light fixtures are re-covered and re-used from ones i made for eyes without a face. reusable content is the best content.