WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
@Ronove: immortal, as in immune to knockout? I'm not sure if that'll function right in CC's engine build. More or less it can be described as 'touchy'. I could give it a shot though- or even make it for 10% (which is 9999 HP and unless the player has grinded to infinity I doubt they're going to get a single hit that high before I can abort the battle). Yes I made my last boss have 99999 HP. It's actually level appropriate with how HP has been increasing across the game (plus if you play it right WITHOUT grinding you can get a single character to be hitting about 5000+ a pop).
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/17733/locker/sytchicus_theme.mid

Just putting something together. I'm not much of a composer, but I'm trying my hand at it so my game can have some custom music. Thoughts?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Any way to make the notes sound... softer? Not quieter, more like... more fade-y. Less like system beeps. I don't know the right word, I'm not a music man.

Maybe you can't do that with midi.

Anyway it immediately made me think of this song, which plays when Cloud is in the wheelchair:

@SorceressKyrsty: 20 hits to kill the final boss? That's kinda weak! I know you're going to spend a lot of turns being defensive, and you're not going to do 5000 damage with every hit, but even so, it's the final boss. When I was playing your game, several of the bosses took me longer than that.

Have you considered making the final boss transform during the fight? It's an easy way to get around the 99999 max HP limit. I mean, having a final boss that transforms into a giant grotesque monster and then into a shirtless winged guy is pretty much standard FF fare anyway.
Haha, wow, yeah, I can definitely see the comparison. I swear I didn't have that song in mind when putting this together. I actually haven't listened to that song outside of the game.

But I think I get what you mean, less staccato and more legato?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yes, those are the correct music terms. Hooray.
Puddor
LockeZ The final boss has three forms. The one with 99999 is the last one of the batch. :> I do have a HP breaking script laying around SOMEWHERE...but god knows where it is and I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have. The final boss all together has about 290,000 HP.

*and the final boss goes guy>wing guy>monster :3
Why break the boss's HP limit when he can simply heal anyway?
Had a lengthy discussion today with Makio about trimming all the excess with Ethereal Dreams and leaving something manageable to finish. Still not going to go back to working on it until a) school is done, b) cc2 is done, and c) another yet unnamed small project is done, but it was fun to discuss and try to set a reasonable scope. Keep what we were fond of, trash anything we weren't or just was too much work for what it offered.
Puddor
@Avee because making bosses heal in CC is a pain in the ass. For some reason, for them to do decent healing, they need to have really high Magic- which throws off all magic-based skills and leaves the player dead within a few minutes. I can't rebalance the curative skills either because right now they're perfect for player use (which is what they're more or less intended for).
I could make duplicate Cures with a lower negative power rating, but up until now I've never thought of that :p

EDIT: I'm currently revising boss battles anyway. I was watching Extra Credits (the one on pacing? yeah) and I realized that the hill-valley-method in boss battles makes them a lot more intense. Strong attacks to bring you near-death, heal, attack, attack, bring them down to a bit less fierce, heal, recover, attack some more and BADUM ARGH RAY BOMB TAT. It's that kind of emotional taunting that makes you go WOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO at the end of a boss.
Bleh, decided to adjust the title screen for my game as well as the opening visuals. Hurray for just-notice-side-tracking errors!
I was working on a lot of stuff, but one of them is this guy:

He's going through hell and I thought at least he deserved a badass cutin.
That's pretty impressive, and I also noticed something :o

This guy..

looks like this guy

Edit: By the way, how did you draw that? :o
LockeZ
That's a guy? You sure?
author=LockeZ
That's a guy? You sure?

author=Wiki
Noel Kreiss (ノエル・クライス, Noeru Kuraisu?) - The main male protagonist of the game. Noel comes from the Dying World at 700 AF, where he is the last surviving human in a world that faced destruction. After a chance encounter with Lightning, he travels into the past to find her sister, Serah. He sets off with her to save Lightning in the hopes of changing the future. He uses two swords that are able to combine to form a spear in battle.

^ Taken from Wiki. huzzah!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=Racheal
Had a lengthy discussion today with Makio about trimming all the excess with Ethereal Dreams and leaving something manageable to finish. Still not going to go back to working on it until a) school is done, b) cc2 is done, and c) another yet unnamed small project is done, but it was fun to discuss and try to set a reasonable scope. Keep what we were fond of, trash anything we weren't or just was too much work for what it offered.

Shave off the chins and you will reduce the game's volume by 70%.
Going through every battle on the database and determining the STD coefficient of each enemy.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
calunio
Going through every battle on the database and determining the STD coefficient of each enemy.

I laughed.
Working on the "Character Selection Screen," which is about 10x bigger -- and has a LOT more customizable options / features -- than Monopolo's old crappy one.

Other than that, I thought I would rework some of the characters stats in the game.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Right now I'm fixing a whole bunch of bugs involving ladders. Lots and lots of ladders.

GAH LADDERS

Also I'm desperately trying to stop myself from coding more weapons, because I need to fix what I have first before I add more stuff to break, but they're so damn fun.
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
I'm redoing a game over screen, because there was some noticeable pixelation in places that I never noticed until just before submitting the image!