WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Ive been working pretty hard on mapping. Whenever I map big buildings or structures, I do them on separate maps. Should be done with the entire town by this weekend.

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
jude

hoshit
author=Craze
jude

hoshit

Thanks. I haven't done anything that wasn't 8-bit in so long I wasn't sure if I could. Plus, it's my first time working at this resolution, which I am definitely not a fan of. I have a lot of other things to change/add, but that is where I got with it today.
@Craze: That reads 'Difice' when you first look at it. ;P It's also a bit, uh, incongruent? Stylized silhouette vs fully detailed drawing.

@Jude: OMG! That looks awesome! But I think you could still do away with lots of its blockiness if you'd choose to do so. Look at the edges of the dirt autotile, they are much more organic-looking than those of the forest and specially the river.

@Ashley_Lacure: Best RTP maps I've seen in a long time. Hands down!
_
Inspired by the discussion in the "Interactivity and you" thread, I've been working on a tutorial for my game. I'm already doing a somewhat conscious attempt at the "Show, don't tell" approach to things, but the tutorial is to try and cover all bases.
@Alterego: Thank you, I have alot of mapping to finish but atleast Im sort of on the right track. I like it man the presentation works well and I assume this happens whenever something needs to explained.

@Jude: Its rare to see you working on something like this, pat on the back I like it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
alterego
@Craze:That reads 'Difice' when you first look at it. ;P It's also a bit, uh, incongruent? Stylized silhouette vs fully detailed drawing.

Yeah, still a WIP. That said, there's a story reasoning as to the placement and colorization. It's kind of like those title screens that spoil the entire game without you knowing it.

EDIT: New title WIP in-game, and then a mock-up of how it might look if/when I animate it to show various PCs sliding in and out. Not sure I like it.

EDIT2: And for fun, the title theme, "Blue Moon." While I obviously did not write or record any part of it, it's pretty heavily connected to the game itself and pretty much fits into "everything you see/hear upon loading up the game is a huge spoiler." Oh well!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/331459

This is what I have been working on; ironing out story progression and the title screen. ;_;
Stuff.

Glyphs.

Online Wi-Fi Logo.
(Yes, you can play this game online with other...people? Although still a single player game, most of the battles, leveling up, etc., involve you fighting with other people online.)

MOAR CHARACTERS:

Ivory Kinloch from the game Heavenly Orb.

And, Miguel Fernandes, a collage dropout who's more a human shield for other people's attacks than a good investor. Yep. :D

That's all for now. Still working; still pluggin' away.
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
So I found out that YEM Victory Aftermath and KGC EquipLearnSkill are somewhat compatible with each other! The last time I tried using them together, the latter script didn't function at all.

I was also practicing aliasing by attempting to make a patch for those two scripts and the bonus bar. (It has a cool thing where the bar's level increases EXP and money) The TP in the KGC script was to get its own window next to the smaller experience and money windows, but...the window positions were all wrong and the TP rewards ended up doubling somehow. But hey, it didn't crash the game! :'D
/fail

But anyway, I'm going to try to figure out what's causing Victory Aftermath's "so-and-so has leveled up!" screen to disappear even though the window's enabled. The plain black-box victory screen worked just fine, though. If I can't figure this crap out, I guess I'll just stick with the simple box.
*goes off to comment out piles of scripts* ;_;
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I got bored of mapping so I decided to put my newly-learnt Java to use.

This program reads lines from two .txt files and chooses one string from each at random. I know it's been done (better) before, but it's not bad for a couple of hours work if I do say so myself.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
is there any particular theme or purpose for this tool?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Well, I guess you could use it as a fantasy name or NPC name generator or something.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Working on modifying Ccoa's Climate script for VX! I am having trouble with the action part though. :\
EDIT: NEVER MIND
Silly me, I forgot that you can have when's like this
when 14
blah blah blah
# without an end
when 15
blah blah blah
end
# end when you are done
Getting a rag tag group of adventurers to help me work on the things I lack talent in for Revelations. Subscribers can expect a composed OST, artwork, and new battle animations. The games shaping up, now its time for me to finish the story.
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
Tweaking my gamepage's css a bit, and experimenting with webfonts.
Building the smallest rpg adventure I can. One town. One level for the dungeon. Five Enemies, and ASCII art for graphics, all in the interest of making it smaller.

EDIT: Also, only 3 midi's for music. I think I am set.
Trying to get started on my Kino Mutai Bot for the battledrome thing - so far, it is slow going:

Taking some time do add NPCs that will say mildly important things, like game mechanics info, atmosphere creation and reminding players what to do next.
Lol, you mean like nonsensical stuff like most NPC's say, right?

NPC: Der...this forest -- contains -- a forest! :D
ME: What...the...fuck???

*Shuts off game and gives it a 0.5 review *
*Max McGee corrects reviews*
*Overall score has increased to 3!*
*Maximum Popularity Points up by 1*
I'm ruining my own game.

Doing ridiculous (BY THIS GAME'S STANDARDS) amounts of damage.

And generally breaking it. I suppose I'll post about it on the actual gamepage!

Stop right there, criminal scum!
I'm the Demon Slayer, and your time has come!
Flee, go on, I dare you to run,
I'll enjoy the thrill of a successful hunt.

Ha! Like I'm running from a flea like you!
All I'm doin' here is takin' you down to your doom,
You forget who I am - the Tyrant has come
I'll be fillin' my goblet to the brim with your blood!

I'm sorry, you say something? Please speak up,
The things I heard - they don't mean much.
The Tyrant, you claim, and ruler of what?
You hide away in this hole like Jabba the Hutt.

And in your domain, now what do I see?
Nothing here but shame and misery.
Your captive's? Nay! It is only your own,
Look at yourself - forever alone.

Alone at the top, I'm the master o'disease,
There ain't none fool enough to mess with me!
I'll break YOUR back too, you'll bend at the knee,
Your skull on my throne I can guarantee!

So swish that cape - heh, pose all y'want.
Delay your demise with them pathetic taunts.
Get it through your metal head - I hope you realize,
We know the winner here, it ain't no surprise!

You're desperate, confess it, ditch all attempts to hide
these mindless rhymes, this waste of my time.
You're as empty as your shadows, nothing but bluffs,
A true brute - no class! - and I've had enough.

I don't need no class to smash your slayer ass,
to crush your bones, leave impressions that last.
Such a burnin' lambaste ain't one you'll soon forget,
I broke no sweat, dismissed ALL your lil' threats!