WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Spriting and finishing up the games central hub. Made a list of stores earlier and I'm cutting through it. Having some trouble designing the gym, but I'll have to Google Image around for some references.
I thought I might try spriting, and I feel like I'm doing it wrong. This is the first sprite I've tried to create, and I would appreciate it if someone could critique what I have so far and point out what would make it better.

The character is a green slime. I really like the one in the RTP for RM2K3, but I want to do my own design. What I have come up with feels a bit "off". I have also included one of my early concept sketches that he is (that picture is of poor quality, though).

Sorry for how small it is, too. It's 32x32.

@WonderPup: Ha! That slime looks awesome :o I can't really fault it because there are just so many ways you can draw them. The only piece of advice that could come from me is maybe adjust the eye size and mouth placement?

I've been adjusting the visual based things in my game at the moment. Finally decided to do a title and I think it looks pretty cool, for a first logo, that is.

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=WonderPup
Sorry for how small it is, too. It's 32x32.

Okie dokie. First of all, always save sprites as PNGs, not BMPs. Secondly, what you've done is reverse pillow shade- darkest in the centre, light on the outsides. Both methods don't look particularly good. What you should do is set up a light source and shade relative to it. Remember that slimes are gelatenous and rounded. Also, depending on your style, black outlines usually detract from your sprite. Try using shades of the green depending on how light the colour next to the line is (one shade darker). Additionally, when creating palettes, grab your darkest shade from near the purples/blues, and your lighter shade from near the yellows. It creates better harmony with the shades.

Here, I gave reshading it a go to demonstrate :):

It's not the greatest edit or anything but it gives you some idea about what I'm talking about :>

anyway, working on CC as usual :D
@ Essanceblade - That's...a first LOGO!? O_O If so, that's pretty amazingly done for a first logo. Nice job! I'm just wondering if you're planning to animate it, as well, for the actual title screen... Anyways, awesome stuff, my man. :D

@ SorceressKyrsty - I like your slime editing. You should listen to her, WonderPup; she seems to know her shit when it comes to spriting. :D But you did a good job on him, as well. :D

Alright. So most of the "Character Select Screen" is finished for all eight parts, and I just have to do some final coding stuff before I can move on to the next part. I consider it a good job considering I only spent about three days on the shit.

Also, did a little Battle HUD which also goes in the selection screen. It's a WIP, for now.
author=Brent
@ Essanceblade - That's...a first LOGO!? O_O If so, that's pretty amazingly done for a first logo. Nice job! I'm just wondering if you're planning to animate it, as well, for the actual title screen... Anyways, awesome stuff, my man. :D

Heh, thank ye kindly :P I've been tweaking it constantly for about 4 hours and that was the outcome :o. I'll probably animate it in terms of how I see how it'll plan out and visualize. But thanks :D
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn

Heavily inspired by Dreadnought Leviathan from FF12.
I even wanted to use this theme:(but i am not)
"Challenging the Empire", Dreadnought Leviathan Theme from FF12
As for me I'm working on Massive Journeys, The OST From Dark souls are the Tarot's Theme meanwhile the mini ones are Events,Battle and Boss battles, also the Arcs are from Different games.

If those who watch Kamen Rider fourze, you'll see the game will be probally the same, But it'll have 3 Subtiles

1. TV.Nihon
2. Aeonsubs
3. Over-Time

There ya go I'm starting to download the Tarot's themes tomorrow.
@SorceressKyrsty - I wasn't shading based on a specific light aource. I was darkening the middle section, because I figured that that would be where the slime was most dense. The outer edges were lightest, because that is where the slime would be least dense.

That being said, what you've done makes mine look even more like amateur hour. I'm going to have to get back to work on it. You've given me something to shoot for. Thanks!
I have made adjustments to the slime's sprite, keeping a fair amount of SorceressKyrsty's suggestions intact. A lot of the lighting she suggested pointed out some of the flaws in my original design, and I've made a few changes to fix it.

Next, I have a dispassionate/apathetic ahriman. I'm not asking anyone to touch this one up, but how would you color it properly? More stippling? I imagine his coloring to look something like a turkey's skin once you take it out of the oven, almost. Maybe a little more grey. I am including the basic outline to give you all a better idea as to how he is supposed to look (I somehow lost the shape as I colored him). As it stands right now, he looks terrible, and I would really appreciate a critique.

When it is all said and done and I animate this, I will have to make its height taller than 32 (so that I can have him hover and cast a shadow beneath him). Will this cause much of a problem where I need to make custom chipsets for doors?

My last character will be an ogre (the same as in the concept sketch a few posts above). When I make him, he will tower above 32x32, so the ahriman's perceived problem will carry over to the ogre.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Redoing a class's abilities to make it be a fun option for the whole game, instead of a class you use for a while when you unlock it and then drop later when you unlock a better one. So instead of having seven abilities and starting with all of them, it has twelve abilities and starts with five of those and gains the rest as you master the class.

Also trying to create synergies and rotations between the skills. Right now it has four distinct rotations that the player can potentially use. Probably only two of those will ever get used though, because the others involve more actual response to things that happen and less mindless button mashing, and players are lazy.

This isn't for the shark game, sadly, which doesn't even have classes. It's for SEKRIT PROJEKT. I should work on the shark game more.
I've had a hard time working on anything in a maker lately, so I instead turned my attention to fine tuning/starting over from scratch a made up 'ancient/native' language for one of my "dream projects."

Iveh ret si naytum vun eq esht = You are a friend of our people.

Some phonetic help: Ee-vey rhet see neigh-tomb voon eck esht
You also roll the "r" a little bit.
The usage of "you" here is the masculine form. The feminine would be "Iva".
Adon237
author=Archeia_Nessiah
I don't even-

Ohh Naia :3
Adon237
I am taking one of the snow tiles and replacing it with the bad textured and colored one I have now.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I finally made an Enemy class instead of copy/pasting all of the common methods between each enemy type, thank god I decided to do that now, while I still have two enemies and not two hundred.
Trying to event an in-game skill tree system. I know there's a script for it, but I want to test my eventing capabilites.
Adon237
trying to find a way for VX to read files from an archive. how vague nvm I am not capable of this