FAVORITE FINAL FANTASY TRACKS (AND THEIR REMIXES)

Pages: first 12 next last
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
What are your favorite Final Fantasy music tracks, and what is your favorite remix of them (if you have one)? Let's share! All spin-offs and Mystic Legend games count.

Here's a great list of favorite tracks by a man whose blog you should really read: http://scibbe.com/index.php/2010/04/11/13-weeks-of-final-fantasy-best-song-ever/

#4: Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~ Memory of Lightwaves

FFX-2 is my favorite videogame and my first RPG. It was also my first PS2 game and my first Final Fantasy and, to be honest, one of my first videogames period. I had played Jill of the Jungle 3: Jill Saves the Prince, Theme Park and the DOS Duke Nukem games... that was it. FFX-2 is what got me into videogames, and the title screen music still gives me chills. I played the first two hours of this game with my grandfather watching - he bought the game for me, and wanted to see what it was all about. He was, uh, surprised.

Favorite Remix : Under a New Moon by Fatty Acid & sephfire

#3: Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning's Theme

Call me a bad person, but I really like FFXIII. Unfortunately, my save file was wiped when my friend's PS3 had to be repaired, but I'll never forget how much I enjoyed Lightning and watching her evolve. The way the game presents the story - the "Thirteen Days" snippets, sometimes playable - works incredibly well in my opinion. Make fun of the "worst birthday ever" scene all you want, Lightning is a terrific and interesting heroine.

Favorite Remix : Light by Azell
(If you can't figure out how to download it but want it, I'll upload it myself.)

#2: Final Fantasy IV - Into the Darkness

I always associate this track with Kain, who just so happens to be my favorite character in the game. It's probably because you first hear it in the Mist Cave on your way to blow up the summoners. You have Dark Knight Cecil and Kain, but Cecil has his class change - so Kain is the first long-term character to experience Into the Darkness. I guess it helps that the shift from Kain to Golbez as the title image of FFIV is recent; Kain embodies a lot of FFIV for me.

Favorite Remix (on an amazing CD collection you should download): Step Into the Light by Nutritious

#1: Final Fantasy VI - Cyan

Cyan is a warrior of Doma, the Eastern-style country of FFVI - the one that had the most impact on me, despite only being part of the game for a very short period of time. My first time playing FFVI I freaked out when Kefka poisoned Doma. It was the first time in an RPG that I actually saw the villain doing something downright evil! This theme playing while Cyan murdered the hell out of the Empire's soldiers really got to me. Fun fact: I couldn't beat Cyan's World of Ruin boss. I had to savestate and send it to WIP!

Favorite Remix: The Hot Pink of Blues by Prince of Darkness & Shnabubula

wrexsoul is a bastard

those remixes sound so well done it's as if there's all new instruments and arrangements *tears hair out*
Pretty much every track in Final Fantasy XIII. I love that whole soundtrack like crazy.
I've been paying close attention to my youtube notices and was not at all surprised that this topic was started by craze.
Craze
Haha, does it tell you when I favorite a video?
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Hm...

FF9 houses a lot of my favourite tracks to be honest. Though I'm partial to Maybe I'm a Lion from FF8 and i]Main Theme from FF7, FF9's tracks always had the great effect on me. The beauty of Melodies of Life still brings me to near-tears.

So, favourites? Well Melodies of Life, of course. Then there's Roses of May, and You're Not Alone.

ALL THREE OF THESE were remixed by katethegreat19 who is FANTASTIC. Her voice is amazing and her compositions awe inspiring.

And to finish it off, there is one song I will always associate with my childhood- Don't Be Afraid (FF8)

Best remix? Dissidia is quite good, but nothing can top:

OH YEAAAHHHH
author=Craze
yes. i feel i must express my lack of surprise too; these things may be related

this is a great ARRANGEMENT
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Drat, beaten to it!

After playing FFX from start to finish I've noticed it's got a lot of really good near-experimental stuff. For example:

Some of the best drone I've ever heard...

These two are just great:

Not big on remixes. Not a fan of the Black Mages either (or does their work come under remixes?)

Going to see Distant Worlds performed at the Royal Albert Hall in November. So psyched.
author=Craze
yes. I've been listening to that CROW remix of Terra's theme a lot recently because of it.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=geodude
this is a great ARRANGEMENT

Can't stop playing this.
the whole of the distant worlds collection is pretty phenomenal to be fair. listen to love grows, terra's theme , swing de chocobo and definitely maria and draco
fave track - i'll get back to you on that one. I like pretty much all the tracks mentioned above anyway.

fave remix - easily Kate Covington's Rose of May. (but maybe ignore the video part ugh.) Great arrangement, vocals, and lyrics.
Have to say with so many favorites, these are two of my ABSOLUTE favorites, no pun intended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEv4nkpI6vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxr6_JC_uLo

Love this song. I could just set it onto repeat and listen to it all day.

Hands down, my favorite Black Mages song.
Craze
Rose of May is indeed excellent, and I like the theme and Beatrix herself, but it's not one of my favorite original tracks so I didn't put it in the OP.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Favorite track ever? Hard to say.

Current fav:

Love the accompanying video too.

And of course,

Nothing builds dread of the Sorceress like the beginning strains of this eerie tune.

Is it damning to admit I have an FF8 tattoo?
Happy
Devil's in the details
Many of my favorites have been posted including Challenge, The Man with the Machine Gun, Don't be afraid, Fithos Lusec Wecos etc.

But here's few more:

Oh, that turned out to be quite many. Sorry! Nothing I can do, blame Nobuo.

Btw, there will be a distant worlds DVD available in next April or so.

I know there's more but damned if I can remember them.
Craze
Versalia
Is it damning to admit I have an FF8 tattoo?

Unless it's Quistis as a dominatrix, yes.
4.) Final Fantasy XII: The Royal City of Rabanastre:

3.) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Daemon's Court

Honestly, I think I could have picked any song from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. It had the most beautiful soundtrack that ever saw the light of day. I guess I'm kinda biased though. This was the 1st FF game I ever played.

2.) Final Fantasy X: Otherworld

1.) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Amidatty and Eleanor Too

You know, I really REALLY love Crystal Chronicles. The game was a piece of art from the graphics to the music. The music especially helped immerse me in the world of the game.
Pages: first 12 next last