THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Not a bit!
@Darken: Damn, I remember seeing screenshots for this years ago. It looked so amazing. It's a shame you're not finishing it.
chana
@Darken : yes, I agree, but, if you can don't make a Tintin or Indiana Jones-like story, make your own, it would be so much better!

I'm a sucker for trying out 19483 new things rather than sticking to one idea. Check out my weird-looking side-scroller.

Oh, and that you for the previous feedback! I finally managed to fix the transparency issues.
chana
Really, really nice lanscape, the colors, the tone, interesting!
I quite like the pastel colors of the background, but the character looks a bit awkward and out of perspective with the background. The overall effect is quite nice though.

I've made some more auto tiles to liven up the wilderness area. I'll be adding lots of little details, like tall grass and flying birds, but for the most part I consider the grass section finished:

Thanks again to everyone who provided helpful feedback. You guys rock.
chana
I'm getting to really like your custom tileset style !(seeing it over and over:))
Starting map during a test of my day and night system for my upcoming Island-Survival game.

And now the title screen.

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I kinda miss posting images in here. That's what I get for working on a secret game, ahaha.

Nice use of the RTP there Lezales. Not too sure about the rocks jutting out of the cliffs (square bottom) or the flower under the water, but overall it's a really nice map.

Is the title screen custom? Under the assumption that the picture isn't, the text is nice...but really simple. I'm not sure what you could do, but some additional detail may benefit it.
@Lezales,

The map looks quite nice to me, though the water gets deep a bit too quickly. It sort of looks like the island is on the edge of a big underwater cliff.

I've started to work on my cave maps again, and added a 'trim' around the top to give it a more authentic retro feel. I'd like to know what you guys think:

I dislike the small uh... point that is off the diagonals, it's really catching my eye haha. And I'd try to maybe darken the trim a bit to seperate it slightly from the floor. Also try to make diagonals and vertical trims fit better together !
It was a style choice, but looking at it now I don't really like it either lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

It's unpolished but here is how the Night & Day system will work in The Island. It's very classic with a Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night rotation but I will work very hard to have some events/beasts/ressources only obtainable during a certain period of the day.
I think I will lighten up a bit the dusk which is too dark for me and that's about it. Criticism and suggestions are welcome. And thanks if you had the courage to do through those boring 2 minutes.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Sure, I'm using the Famitsu site still, but I've whipped up the main cast (top row), and some teachers (bottom row), for Arbiters.

I've only two male and female student models at the moment. I think I want to aim for three of each in hopes of not having as much of a "Clone Wars" effect as there is in Matsumori Days.
author=Lezales
It's unpolished but here is how the Night & Day system will work in The Island. It's very classic with a Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night rotation but I will work very hard to have some events/beasts/ressources only obtainable during a certain period of the day.
I think I will lighten up a bit the dusk which is too dark for me and that's about it. Criticism and suggestions are welcome. And thanks if you had the courage to do through those boring 2 minutes.

Oh, very atmospheric. I like the music too-- is it from newgrounds? One thing I do have a problem with is that I think the Night portion is too dark as well. It does a good job for encouraging players to not play at night, but it makes it very daunting to try and find resources in such darkness.

This is eppic! I expect something like "The Beach" by Alex Garland.
chana
@Lezales : good painting!
In game screen and the current town i'm building.

chana
I really like the upper screen, there's tons of stuff going on there, but it's still balanced.
Need to work on DAT GRAMMAR though! That looks like the biggest run on sentence in history.