THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Since title screens are the first thing the player sees when opening a game, they need to be relatively awesome as well as understandable.
I think I pulled that off.

(Blue flames animate [ones in the background, Rin is a static image :c)
Nice~
His jaw looks a tad out of whack, though. Maybe a little wide? Or something. Thick?
Well, it's better than I can draw, anyway. :P
Puddor
I tried fixing that but nothing worked. I'll have another fiddle with it tomorrow. It's better than the first version at least o3o
I think it may be the placement of the mouth making it look a bit out of whack. Maybe try moving it down a little and moving the 'face' a bit to the left? I dunno. ^.^;
@SorceressKyrsty
It honestly looks good to me. The left hand does seem a bit big, and he looks as though he is puckering up. The right shoulder also doesn't look very defined, though that could just be the angle. Other than that though, he looks pretty good. I especially like the shirt and jacket detail, as well as the small accessories on the sword. the lettering and background look nice as well.

I hear what you're saying about trees; they are very difficult to get down.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@SorceressKyrsty : Looks good to me too, fits with the somewhat animalish character of the face, enormous eyes, hair- forehead and ears of course.
The mouth doesn't look that messed up to me, but something about the thumb on the hand holding the sword seems a little strange.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Is he whistling?

The blue flames came out well, as did the background. I can't really say how well you drew the character since I don't know how he's supposed to look, but his outfit and demeanor are cool. Face looks a little weird. Definitely succeeded on the awesome factor. Seeing a dude in a suit and tie carrying a sword is pretty badass even if it were drawn poorly; the fact that you're an excellent artist makes this pretty top-notch.
Puddor
He is puckering up- he's blowing a blue flame.
I made a video so you can see how it animates and whatnot
(and I fixed the jaw! :D):

Now that looks really cool! How did you do the background effect?
Puddor
It was a part of the script. It does a vertical and horizontal wave with a single image. I noticed it kinda looked like flames, so I upped the contrast on the original backgrounds so it looked more like Rin's fire.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=chana
Sharing a screenshot from The Nothingness, by Teo Mathlein (Sunset Over Imdahl)

Teo is still around!? And again something he makes just never ceases to amaze me.
I find that pretty amazing. The same goes for Sorceress' Title.
Isn't Teo in some tiny Swedish RM community?
the nothingness was teo's first game before sunset. his old site has been down for years.

there are no swedish RM communities and swedish rm games consist of sunset over imdahl and light prism with mine being the marginal trash

oh and cactussquid was a swede too but he never used rm, he was just awesome
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
(Thanks Tau for getting that screenshot a decent size on the thread, spent all evening trying testerday without success!) I love that map and, wow, different.
Holy shit Kyrsty. No offense intended to CC but you've most definitely come a long way.

Robots!

Sprites!

Vaporware!

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

author=s_w
Vaporware!

*hi-fives*
Looks great s_w! Are those robots custom?
author=Mr.Nemo
*hi-fives*
*explosion*

author=UPRC
Looks great s_w! Are those robots custom?
90% of them chief
The rest is magic - my wizard lawyer says so.