THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Tau
RMN sex symbol
I can't believe you're still going at it s_w, kudos! When you release the game I will most definitely want to check it out.

Edit - Top of the page so..

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Nice! the effect of depth is impressive.

Edit : right, a darker shadow beneath the arch.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
Is that an arch? if it is it could really use a shadow under it. Looks cool though.
Something I've been working on for a while and almost done with.

chana
looks great, really smooth, and the objects, themselves, are really cool too.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=NewBlack
Holy shit Kyrsty. No offense intended to CC but you've most definitely come a long way.

CC has balls of steel. Nothing you say can really offend something like that.
I was discussing this with some people on my gamepage, but I'd like to get some more feedback. Out of these two pictures, which floor tile looks better?

I honestly thought the first one looked better.
The detail of the first one stands out more, but for a floor I think the second is much easier on the eyes. Highlights really work better on walls and objects than on floors, imo.
The second floor. It's something related to contrasts. A floor with a lot of contrast like the first one absorbs the elements above it, making it look confusing.
The brighter things tend to be nearest (higher), the darker lower. It's a way to give a little of volume and atmosphere/ambient.

Hope this opinion helps you, cheers,
Orochii Zouveleki
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Floor Two. Exactly what they said.
chana
Floor 1, for aesthetic reasons that are not totally definable. Maybe it also makes sense becaudse it's a "heavy" stone floor.)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I vote for floor 3, which I sloppily made in MS Paint and only bothered to apply to the middle part of the room out of laziness:
Happy
Devil's in the details
Lockez version is even better, though at that point the texture starts to look a bit weird. If you just made the dark parts of the original floor less darker, it could do the trick. Not as light as in Lockez's version, because it almost looks like sand or something.

So, I vote for version 4.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah I may have overdone it. I figured I'd just give him the idea and he could adjust it to his tastes.
I vote for version 4 as well.
LockeZ
Much less distracting, yes. Bravo.
chana
Right, I think that's good, the interesting tile of the first one, but a little less pronounced.
That looks good to me too NicoB

On the subject of tiling, I've been working on a new outdoor rock face. Do you guys think it tiles well?

Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Been wanting to get an opinion on my map here.
Both screenshots are of the same map, just a different section of it, obviously.

It's still in production, by the way,