I'VE LEARNED THAT I PAINT A LOT

Pages: 1
Another brilliant painting by ankylo. ;)
Neat!

I like the colors.
author=ankylo link=topic=813.msg10728#msg10728 date=1205964676
PAINTING

You're definitely improving in terms of technique with every painting! The things you paint are starting to "pop" a little more and feel more three-dimensional. I have some issues with the geographical features of your painting but whatever.

You're pulling all of these scenes out of your head, right? I'd like to see the results if you were to try and paint a scene from the real world. When Shiro told me one day to draw things from the real world for awhile before you trust your own imagination I noted that it was very good advice. I never followed it and that is probably why I remain a terrible artist.

Also I assume that by 12x16 you mean 12 feet by 16 feet right? Dude, massive paintings are soooooooooooo 2005.
author=ankylo link=topic=813.msg10783#msg10783 date=1206029933
12ft by 16ft would be HUUUUUUGE my room isn't even that big!

Yeah I was kidding =P I worked security in an art museum on and off for a for years and a couple years ago every artist alive was insistent on making these huge, room-sized stuff that was pretty amazing but it was such a fad. Room-sized self-portraits at unattractive angles (hello nosehairs) were strangely hip and so were gigantic mosaics.

Incidentally last year all the popular exhibits featured tiny art such as finely detailed paintings on postcards that you had to squint to make out. It's like French Minimalism all over again
You're a damn good painter, dude.
Pages: 1