DIM SCREEN IN BATTLE?

Pages: 1
in RPG Maker 2003, is there a way to dim the screen when a spell is cast? I mean to dim the background, not the characters or enemies, just the background. ? You see in many RPGs that when they cast magic, the screen gets darker so the spells show up better. Can this be done?
Well... I guess you could do that, having the skill activate a switch, and that switch call a battle event, and that event call the command "change battle background". Then you'd make a darker version of the same background.
author=calunio
Well... I guess you could do that, having the skill activate a switch, and that switch call a battle event, and that event call the command "change battle background". Then you'd make a darker version of the same background.
Now how come I can never realize the simplest things? -____-;;
It's not simple, it's too complicated for something so... unnecessary.
author=calunio
It's not simple, it's too complicated for something so... unnecessary.
Well... I can do a lot of complicated things, it's just knowing where to start, I can never figure it out... but point me in the right direction (which was simple), and I can get it done. :> I'm a perfectionist, so I need my magic to look flawless, as well as everything else. xP Especially if it's on XP/VX with the 'add:blend' which most XP/VX magic looks way too white and bright because the background is not dark.
Pages: 1