Pages: first prev 123456 last
Final Fantasy IX
Super Metroid
Castlevania SOTN
Legend of Zelda
Secret Of Mana
Quest for Glory I
Space Quest I-III

And wow, hard to think of anything post 2000 with as much impact as those. After then, most game worlds I have been in I would call "alright". Could be that games are focusing on cinematics so much that they don't feel like games anymore. The closer games feel like reality, the less magic they hold for me.
Oh yes! Metroid! it didn't occur to me to not pick an RPG!
METROID! (^0^)

I also like the style in Mario: Yoshi's Island... I would add Chrono's trigger and Grandia but they've probably been mentioned along with all the good rpgs.

P.S Yes the huge crack/chasm in Grandia was incredible! and the cut-scenes as well for dream-cast/PS1 where spectacular!
ever since Other M came out i just can't take metroid seriously
author=cho
ever since Other M came out i just can't take metroid seriously

*sigh*.... me too bro...me too
Final Fantasy XIII's world is probably my favorite video game world ever. It was amazing and that was the main reason why I was disappointed that the game was so linear, because you weren't able to explore much of the world, especially Cocoon since there are few RPGs with a futuristic setting like that.
The world of Fallout is up there. Really, really high up there.
Prepared to be shunned, but mine would have to be Final Fantasy VII. Just because Midgar looks like one hell of a place to live.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Minecraft?
Midgar was the most interesting place in FF7. I was disappointed when I hit the world map the first time and nothing else was like Midgar.
author=TehGuy
Minecraft?
Lol

FFX world is just... Amazing. As much as everyone hates FFX (And I don't know why'd you hate such a game ♥) It was groundbreaking, and it was a world that made me all the more addicted to the game. Such a nice concept. Even the name -- spira, the spiral of life and death

I also love the world of Final Fantasy Tactics. Really amazing. Also, Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 2. They have both very... Unique worlds. AAAND of course, I found Star Ocean 2's worlds to be really interesting... but the simplicity of them (and the plot) made me sob. Nonetheless, still a great game.

Oh! How could I forget! Valkyrie Profile! Valhalla! Midgard! Such a deep world... Really love it ♥
author=GreatRedSpirit
Midgar was the most interesting place in FF7. I was disappointed when I hit the world map the first time and nothing else was like Midgar.
this

did ff7 even have any other cool locales? i literally don't remember any of them except midgar
Forest of ancients is a nice song
How could I ever possibly forget of Parasite Eve...?!
author=cho
author=GreatRedSpirit
this

did ff7 even have any other cool locales? i literally don't remember any of them except midgar

Junon.
pretty much. anything to do with shinra, really.
Junon had all the character of a flat of cardboard with Pinochio's nose sticking out of it
Pages: first prev 123456 last