BIN LADEN DEFEATED

author=Dyhalto
There would be a lot less "mean people" if the Iraqi, Afghani, nigh-Libyan, and not-quite-Pakistani occupations ended.

Really? So I suppose all those people jumping up and down, cheering, when the Twin Towers were attacked weren't really 'mean people'?

Face it. America, because of what she stands for as a nation, was their ideological enemy long before we fired a single shot at them. They'd still hate us whether we'd been there or not - there'd still have been attacks, and may be in the future as well, blocked or not - because we represent the antithesis of their own outlook.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Well said, Ender.
Personally i feel nothing will change, they will simply find another bogeyman to keep People pumped full of fear (war is big business but fear is an even bigger business) There was "Charlie"(Vietnam anybody?) the russians, The ayatollah, Saddam, Bin Laden, Saddam again, Bin Laden again, now it will be someone else. America will never run out of enemies(ENDLESS VICTORIES sound familiar?)

As long as Arms dealers keep making that money honey and the Pentagon keeps getting it's budget check there will always be an enemy on the T.V. hating you for the freedoms you have to only do the drugs they say you can do, the money you can spend only after senators and bureaucrats have the first slice off the top, the freedom to say what you want as long as it doesn't spoil the soccer game of some soccer mom from a gated community, the freedom to fly anywhere you want as long some guy with a double digit IQ gets to fondle your grandmothers piss bag and strip search your six year old and finally the freedom to stare at a flag and listen to rednecks sing about staring at a flag( I quote George Carlin on this: "I leave Symbols to the symbol minded")

To reiterate my point Bin Laden's deaths means nothing more than a jump in the sales of "Yes We Can" T-shirts.
Right on Cosmic Sea! I'm thinking Gaddafi would be next...

author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Corfaisus
author=Natook
I bet the guy who shot Osama is feelin' pretty cool.
RL gamerscore increased tenfold.

All the news covers tonight is that Osama is dead and Obama taking ownership for the act.
Well, it was during his presidency, feather in his cap. Any other president ever would have done the same.

I watched the speech he made, if I'm not mistaken I don't recall him saying he did it. I recall him saying something along the lines of it was more of an effort made by the American people that spanned since the FBI made him an interest in '98.

However, other things are known to just fall into his lap. So, I'd not be surprised if Jesus were to resurrect on his lap next Easter...
All the news covers tonight is that Osama is dead and Obama taking ownership for the act.

Well, it was during his presidency, feather in his cap. Any other president ever would have done the same.

I watched the speech he made, if I'm not mistaken I don't recall him saying he did it. I recall him saying something along the lines of it was more of an effort made by the American people that spanned since the FBI made him an interest in '98.

wouldn't it be funny if he did?

Yep i shot him.

had both my kids sitting next to me by the 50 cal in lawn chairs with binoculars waiting for the kill shot...ohh by the way i no-scoped him bitches.

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Yep, just because you killed one big terror suspect, doesn't mean you got them all. GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL.
I thought it was generally accepted that Mr. Laden was already dead, or at least on his last legs.

Nothing will change. Nothing ever does. But, you know at least the world is an arse hole short.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
...AMERICA

...yeah, honestly, I'm not show how much this will actually change things. You've still got...every other member of Al-Qaeda around, now just 100x angrier! I'm sure they've got quite a few charismatic wanna-be-leaders, maybe even an American one or two.

Also I'm worried that he was discovered in Pakistan (although I guess it was pretty obvious he was hiding thereabouts)....how did he avoid detection for so long?

Still, it's probably for the best that he's finally been killed. Hopefully this will be, like, a first step or summat. Not sure how you can possibly defeat an entire ideology though.

EDIT: Now that I think about it although Al-Qaeda may be VERY AAANGRY now that their leader's bit the dust, are they really going to be able to pull off an amazing revenge attack? Wouldn't they have been trying their hardest to fight the US all along anyway?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I hate you for seriously citing the Daily Mail.
author=Yellow Magic
I hate you for seriously citing the Daily Mail.
"The FBI named him one of their ten 'most wanted' fugitives, telling the public to watch out for a left-handed, grey-bearded gentleman who walks with a stick."

Oh God I'd never realised what danger I've been in!
author=Pokemaniac
"The FBI named him one of their ten 'most wanted' fugitives, telling the public to watch out for a left-handed, grey-bearded gentleman who walks with a stick."

Oh God I'd never realised what danger I've been in!

Sir do you know what you can do with a stick?
WAP someone in the shins!

you should be very afraid.
thank god we assassinated the neutered extremist who has not been a real threat for nearly a decade!!! was getting worried there

also gj america it took you this long to catch ONE PERSON. set that bar low

p.s. lmao at the people who are literally celebrating the murder of a murderer and claiming that america has "won"
author=Cosmic_Sea
To reiterate my point Bin Laden's deaths means nothing more than a jump in the sales of "Yes We Can" T-shirts.

It also means justice and retribution for thousands upon thousands of families whose lives have been crushed by this man's actions at long last. Don't think that because you weren't personally affected that it doesn't matter.
well, the invasion of iraq was given the flimsiest of pretexts based on the actions of this man, all for the purpose of applying a shock doctrine to the country (first the war, then the economic shock) to implement a "pure" capitalist economy so that large corporations basically owned the country.

But it didn't quite work out that way. (one: the "pure" capitalism theory is flawed and unworkable and two: the iraqi people weren't completely "shocked" into complacency.)

But it did have the effect of privatising a lot of the military, and effectively work as a funnel from the public purse into the private sector. Go America.

What his death might do is overshadow was a fucked up plan the iraq invasion was in the first place. (I hope not. Friedman economic theory needs to die.)
He should have been smart enough not to list his real address on his PSN ID