STATE OF THE MAKER: HOW WE'RE DOING.

Pages: first 12 next last
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I just wanted to let everyone know how rpgmaker.net is doing from some popular objective statistical measures. This is meant to complement the database stats that kentona releases every month. These site statistics are less personal but I find them interesting nonetheless. All numbers and statistics are derived from Google Analytics and are from January 1st through May 31st of this year unless otherwise noted.

- Site visits from 01/01/2011 through 05/31/2011 are up 34.53% from the same time period the previous year. Google analytics defines a site visit as “the number of individual sessions initiated by all the visitors to your site.” If you exclude the month of January (in which there was a 13% decrease), site visits are up 45% this year.

- Absolute unique visitors is up 55.06% year to date vs. last year. This category has exploded since late February (meaning a greater variety of users are visiting the site).

- Page views continue to average over 1,000,000 a month. Again, January was an outlier with only 743,000. I guess featuring Legendary Legend in December scared some folks away. :)

- The forum page views are way down for most forums (30% in some cases), but this is misleading as many of the forums were deleted. The ones that survived the merger saw increases. Page views to the main site have increased by about the same 30%, however.

- The mailbox is the second most viewed page on the site after the main page!

- The most popular games by page views:
1. Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer 13,237
2. Forever’s End 10,363
3. Legionwood: Tale Of The Two Swords 9,884
4. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis 9,186
5. Leo and Leah 9,151
6. Hero’s Realm 7,973
7. Vacant Sky Vol. 1: Contention 7,160
8. Breath of Fire II: The Fated Child (XP) 6,179
9. Rework the Dead: Evil 6,378
10. RPG Maker 20XX Engine 6,156

- 51.37% of users are referred here by search engine queries. 18.61% are referred here by other sites. 30.01% of users come here directly. This can be attributed to our search engine rank which is pretty high for most rpg maker related terms.

- Browser rank breakdown by percentage of users:
1. Firefox 47.17%
2. Chrome 26.27%
3. Internet Explorer 17.73%
4. Opera 4.81% (this is just me and kentona)
5. Safari 3.37%
6. Other 0.35%

- Operating system rank breakdown by percentage of users:
1. Windows 93.68% (Windows 7 45.89%, Windows XP 34.65%, Windows Vista 19.05%, Other 0.41%)
2. Macintosh 3.41%
3. Linux 1.04%
4. Other 1.87%

- May was the best month ever for rpgmaker.net ad revenue, nearly doubling its monthly average. Combined with user subscriptions, rpgmaker.net now is entirely self-sufficient. Thanks to all of you who helped make that happen!
47.17% of you are fools
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
author=rcholbert
- May was the best month ever for rpgmaker.net ad revenue, nearly doubling its monthly average. Combined with user subscriptions, rpgmaker.net now is entirely self-sufficient. Thanks to all of you who helped make that happen!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! d(^.^)b
Glad to hear this RC! <3
Page views continue to average over 1,000,000 a month year.

How long is a month year? I know this answer can be obtained from dividing by zero somewhere.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Illustrious

How long is a month year? I know this answer can be obtained from dividing by zero somewhere.

Fun Fact:
Anything divided by 0 (ex. 9/0) is generally disregarded as not existing. However, anything divided by infinity (such as 9/infinity) equals 0 because it is infinitely small.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=Illustrious

Fixed. :)
500,000 of those pageviews are me.
author=geodude
47.17% of you are fools

3.41% are also fools.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
More like 3.41% have money to burn >:(
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Wait, we have user subscriptions!?
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=geodude
47.17% of you are fools

really, you're going to call out firefox users and not the almost 20% of people using internet explorer
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
^ Haha, Versalia makes a very good point. ;)
author=rcholbert

I use Opera too... :-)
author=Max McGee
Wait, we have user subscriptions!?

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/8315/
Donate here!
author=rcholbert

And Dyhalto.
author=Versalia
really, you're going to call out firefox users and not the almost 20% of people using internet explorer

i had a look at the date you posted this and it surprised me it didn't say 2007
Wow, can't believe people are actually turning this topic into a RMVX is better than RM2k3 "which browser" is better discussion.

Congrats to the site!
author=calunio
Wow, can't believe people are actually turning this topic into a RMVX is better than RM2k3 "which browser" is better discussion.

Congrats to the site!

If you haven't noticed, we argue about everything.
I know. We even argue about arguing.
Pages: first 12 next last