WHICH GAME WAS THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTEMENT FOR YOU?

Marvel VS Capcom 3

THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT.
It looked great, and when I was playing the demo at Gamestop the night before release, it seemed that it played great, too. But, once I got home and started playing it extensively, I realized that's it's fucking broken.

First off, the game plays way too fast. I don't care who you are, that's the fucking truth. I mean, sure, there are games I can become a hardcore player off (Megaman, ftw) and just completely be a beast at, but MvC3 doesn't even feel like it gives me a chance. Sometimes, when I'm playing against a friend of mine, I can't even get a fucking hit in because the game is happening to quickly for me to react. X-Factor is fucking retarded too, even though it helped me come back and win from complete obliteration, that's just the thing--I didn't deserve to win that fight, to be honest.

Aesthetically, the game is beautiful, but the combat is fucking broken. An utter noob can beat you by mashing buttons.
author=Mitsuhide_The_Vagrant
Marvel VS Capcom 3THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT.
It looked great, and when I was playing the demo at Gamestop the night before release, it seemed that it played great, too. But, once I got home and started playing it extensively, I realized that's it's fucking broken.

First off, the game plays way too fast. I don't care who you are, that's the fucking truth. I mean, sure, there are games I can become a hardcore player off (Megaman, ftw) and just completely be a beast at, but MvC3 doesn't even feel like it gives me a chance. Sometimes, when I'm playing against a friend of mine, I can't even get a fucking hit in because the game is happening to quickly for me to react. X-Factor is fucking retarded too, even though it helped me come back and win from complete obliteration, that's just the thing--I didn't deserve to win that fight, to be honest.

Aesthetically, the game is beautiful, but the combat is fucking broken. An utter noob can beat you by mashing buttons.

Yeah, it sucks when people you first play against have no experience and just mash buttons and end up kicking more ass than a veteran, I hate button mashing players, and those players who know the game so well that can do like some crazy combo that can leave your half-entire team decimated or worse.

I'll stick to more simpler games like Street Fighter 4 and my favorite classic Capcom vs SNK 2. :D

As for a disappointing game for me, Arc Rise Fantasia was a major disappointment for me, it doesn't help that the game gave me big hype, but it started going downhill with the voice acting (almost as bad as those classics like Star Ocean 2.)

Second of all, the game is just ridiculous, the normal encounters were easy as hell, but the bosses were just a total gongshow, like I have not been so enraged fighting Weiss in that damn game! By the time I got roughly half way in the game, my patience for the game was at its end.
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
Knowing that the English translation and voice acting was utter shit, I played Chaos Wars just for the Shadow Hearts characters. The gameplay was decent(I kinda like turn-based strategy games), but that couldn't save the game for me. The nonsensical dialogue, a story that felt like it was going nowhere after ~30 hours, and the butchered SH characters ruined it.

what the fuck did they do to yuri and nicolai
what the fuck

It's the only game I've bought and never finished because fuck this game--my patience only goes so far!
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Only game I didn't like was FF X-2 and 12. Those are the only newer (after 10 new, I mean) Square releases I've played and I didn't like them. I liked 12 above X-2, but the fact they don't cover the roots of the series like 1-10 did, is why I hate them.

Hell I disliked 10 a bit because they did away with the manual piloting of the airships. That was one thing that made the games good.
First off, the game plays way too fast. I don't care who you are, that's the fucking truth ... Sometimes, when I'm playing against a friend of mine, I can't even get a fucking hit in because the game is happening to quickly for me to react.
sounds like you're just bad at it

author=Melkino
Chaos Wars ... The gameplay was decent
no it wasn't, come on
enemy health regenerated faster than you could even deal damage

edit:
author=Thiamor
Hell I disliked 10 a bit because they did away with the manual piloting of the airships. That was one thing that made the games good.
yes to this day i still boot up my ff8 save and just fly around, looking in wonderment at the beautifully rendered 3d world and quietly chanting, "why, toriyama? why?"
Pokemon Colosseum - Just wasn't very entertaining. Really needed a better way to obtain pokemon.
Dead Rising - I felt that the penalties for dying were way too high. Haven't messed with the sequel.
Amazing Island - The idea behind this game reminded me what Spore is, but really failed on the gameplay. Designing the monster was pretty cool but still..
Yoshi Touch & Go -I was hoping it was a sequel to Yoshi's Island for the SNES. Boy was I wrong.
Nintendogs - Voice recognition was pretty terrible and the limit to how many times you can do things with your dog was lame.
Children of Mana - Strictly mindless hack and slash.
Shaman King: Legacy - Wtf totally broken RPG. (this was before I knew games based on anime were terrible; when I was a wee lad)
Mech Platoon - Campaign was way too hard at some points
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Way too much pointless, idiotic talking.
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - Not enough going on with this game. Had potential but the fun disappeared pretty fast.
LoZ: Windwaker - Really wasn't a fan of the design. Plus collecting the triforce pieces was zzzzz.

Looking back, there was a lot of shitswamps I waded through in games. Although, standards aren't as high when you're a kid.
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: It looked REALLY good at first. Then I brought it home and only played it for about 2-3 days before never touching it again.
Blazblue: Continuum Shift: Same as above. Calamity Trigger was so much better.
Mario Kart Wii: Only played it once.
Pokémon Battle Revolution: Complete shit. PKMN Colosseum was better than this, and that's not saying much.
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on up: These games had lost their flare.
Xenosaga 2: Monolift Soft dropped the ball off a skyscraper.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Dead Rising 100%
Probably beating a dead a horse here, but:

Dragon Age 2: It made some great improvements (combat, companions, story) but there's getting around just how rushed it was what with all the reused maps and cliffhanger story. Still, I'm banking on the DLC fixing my main complaints and pray that they do DA: 3 proper.
For me I guess it would be Epic Mickey. While it is an awesome platformer, it's not quite as "Epic" as the title suggests.
I have to go with FF:X-2. Yes I was stupid enough to buy it.

I also bought a PS2 for the sole purpose of playing Final Fantasy Tactics. While just about everyone else loves FFT I never could get that deep into it.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Everything about the original dead rising was retarded. The sequel was a huge improvement.

Dragon Age 1 is also up there for me.

While just about everyone else loves FFT I never could get that deep into it.

It is GREAT. Try AGAIN. (you fool)
author=Max McGee
Everything about the original dead rising was retarded. The sequel was a huge improvement.

Dragon Age 1 is also up there for me.

While just about everyone else loves FFT I never could get that deep into it.

It is GREAT. Try AGAIN. (you fool)

You didn't like Dragon Age? Wow, I guess everyone has their own tastes.
I never had been disappointed of a game before, sure I often think they could be better but that's it. However, Ico really did the trick for me. I never expected for the first game of the creators of Shadow of the Colossus to be such a... "dumbed down" experience, to put it in some words. The game was so, basic, and easy, and short, and having to drag that useless girl all the time has to be the most annoying feature I've ever seen in a videogame! Ugh! Then again, the game would be even shorter if not for that. =/
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn made me want to punch a child. It started out fine, and then started to suck. I especially loved that they introduced ancient civilizations and such out of nowhere when people in the game supposedly knew about them forever. That, and the fact they dumbed down the puzzles and difficulty and made it almost a child's game.
author=Natook
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Way too much pointless, idiotic talking.

This. I mean, there's nothing wrong with an RPG having heavy dialog, but man...
Sounds like the first Golden Sun.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
Marvel VS Capcom 3THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT.

lol are you kidding me dude? no if you go into a ranked match no human being who just picks up the game and button slams is going to beat like, a 5th lord.

this game is balanced if you're decent, if you're a terrible player then yeah, it's going to suck(this applies to a lot of stuff) because you will get chained the whole time because you do not understand the dynamics of block or assist.

it ain't broken homie, lmao. i think you just got teabagged by dante a few too many times. if people are letting you x factor, they're awful.
TFT
give me your xbox live account name, i need to show you the power of sentinel......
You and I are gonna have to throw down sometime, TFT.
TFT
dude, my brother and i play all the time. pm your account name sometime and we will g-e-t i-t o-n