[VX] "DELETING ENCRYPTED ARCHIVE" ERROR

Pages: 1
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Someone please tell me they know how save my game before the blasted RPG Maker VX deletes it! I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it...

Here is an image of what the error states exactly (which I get only when I click on the Game.rvproj file to open the game in the engine):

Please help... I'm real concerned this is going to wipe out my entire game.

EDIT:
Also, I found this in my games folder:

I created a brand new game and went and looked in my other games' folder for that ".rgss2a" file and none of them had it. It is an archived file that I have no clue where it came from... Any help and advice appreciated! :)
If you have the encrypted RGSS2A file (that's the result of "Compress Game Data") in your Game folder it will nuke the encrypted folder and use the unencrypted folder. To be careful just move the RGSS2A file out of your game folder (make a subfolder or something) and try to open your project then. If everything works fine, great! Nuke the RGSS2A file as it shouldn't be necessary anymore.
kitten2021
Deleting the RGSS2A file fixed the entire problem... I forgot, I was trying to create a game file last night and my *unplugged* laptop ran out of power right at the end of creating the game disk file. I think that's what caused the problem...

Thank you so much for saving my game (and nerves,lol), GRS! <3

BTW, I tried searching the site for the tutorial that tells you how to me a game disk that prevents anyone from being able to steal your files used with the game, but I couldn't find it; is it done by telling it to encrypt the file when you create the game disk file?
Just do File->Compress Game Data, there's a checkbox for "Encrypt Game Data". I heard it fails if your game is too big (128MB?).
kitten2021
Awesome! Thanks a lot, GRS; I've sent up my request for the small game to be accepted now due to your help.

Thanks a lot!
(Hope you get the chance to play it, btw; if you do, I'd love to hear feedback on my first official miniature game and first "completed" game.)
I am one of those terrible jerks who doesn't play games :( (but I am trying to fix that)
Pages: 1