I JUST MADE AN ALBUM!

Pages: 1
Real Help (Unmixed and Unmastered Version)

I've been hard at work writing and producing this since about January. Comments and critique is very much welcome and appreciated!! I'm sending this to a sound engineer soon to be mixed and mastered, so any help in putting finishing touches on this project would be very much appreciated!
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Some parts the voice is too quiet.
I might give my impressions of each track individually if I get the time.
The words I kept thinking when hearing the voice and singing were Owl City.
1. Panning Down a Tall Tower
Impression: Neutral
A change in mood around 0:30 did not set right with me.

2. I Was Hidden
Impression: Very Favorable
I think everything fits together well, good mood and energy.

3. Prognosis
Impression: Favorable
Well written lyrics and rhythm. Overall the tune sounds like something familiar.

4. Help me Friend
Impression: Unfavorable
Terrible recording quality. This song is the one sounding most Owl City to me.

5. I'll be Quiet
Impression: Very Unfavorable
Singing works. The mid 80's synthesizer and piano was bad IMO.

6. It's Positive
The soul of the song is better than the actual words. Needs better equalization.

7. The Happiest Slave
Felt like a journey I was on. Resembles the softer songs of Daft Punk.

8. Worth It
Impression: Unfavorable
Too quiet Vocals. First 55 seconds are near unlistenable, but it gets better.

9. The Scale of Things
Impression: Very Favorable (nice drum beat!)
This is probably the one that would benefit most by simple remastering.

10. This Song is Not for You
Just nothing exciting. Fillerish.

11. Real Help
Impression: Favorable
Sounds cool. It has spirit! Strong lyrics.

12. I'll be Quiet
Much better than the other I will be quiet. This is the only version you need.

I find it hard to review music, so this is how I felt as the listener. I hope it's helpful to you in some way.
I don't have any constructive things to say but I listened through it all while game making so it's good enough for me!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I only listened to the first three, I really enjoyed the music, less the voice part.
I wonder if Relyt interprets my critique as a positive review of his music. To put it into perspective, I buy a lot of albums from artists I like where half the songs I really like, some are ok, and a couple you really wonder why they are on the album. It's really rare to find that album where you are a big fan of every tune on it. When those come along, they are just classic.

Oh yeah. I would recommend you take a look at thesixtyone.com. It's a really fun place to put your music and listen to a lot of other unique tunes. If you hope to make a little bit of money from your music you might find some luck there. No advertising agenda here, just wanted to point you to a place you might find helpful.
I appreciate the review a lot Illustrious! I'm not the best singer in the world...but I'm the only one I got I guess. :P I'll definitely take these critiques into mind!
Pages: 1