THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

As was stated earlier, I Miss the Sunrise hasn't been featured because it isn't finished yet.

EDIT: Whoops, misread that.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Well we cleared that up. Thanks for living in the past. Joking. :3
Thanks Psy, I know. I think I confused it with some other game.
Is it just me or is LCPANES unplayable to some people? I get a headache from all the text and options. I tried to play it but I don't have anything to keep me going. I played games like 999, Theresia, mainly point 'n' clicks and I love playing them but this game is just bland. :/
I know what he means, I was playing LCPAnes and it does shake here and there and the wall of text unlike in Visual novels don't disappear once it reaches to a new standpoint. Aaah it's hard to explain but yeah <:3c
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I haven't played it but it's probably a different kind of game than most people are used to, probably not for everyone, though I can see how some people would enjoy it. Arguing about it on this thread is fairly pointless so I'd ask that any discussion in that regard be kept elsewhere.

As for next month's feature, Garden kind of stood out to me. NewBlack seemed to like it, anyone else agree?

October I'd have suggested Eyes Without a Face for the requisite horror-themed Halloween game but it is no longer on the site!

The Summer contest winner should probably also be featured eventually.
Yeah, I would second on Garden getting a nod. Perhaps it might be best for IMTS to wait until the full release before getting the full glory. :D

And yeah, I agree. The summer contest winner should get featured whoever the hell wins. It's a nice bonus prize along with the additional makerscore & cookies that you get. :D
author=Solitayre
I haven't played it but it's probably a different kind of game than most people are used to, probably not for everyone, though I can see how some people would enjoy it. Arguing about it on this thread is fairly pointless so I'd ask that any discussion in that regard be kept elsewhere

author=Fallen-Griever
This thread is for the discussion of Featured Games, whether that means your opinion of the current Featured Gameor your thoughts on what the next Featured Game should be! The Featured Game is the one of the best methods we have for showcasing RMN's games to the world, so we need to make sure that the games we choose are the very tip-top of what we have to offer. After all, if we want people to take RMN seriously, we have to take the Featured Game seriously.

I made a reasonable comment after trying to play what I perceived to be a good game, I wasn't arguing with anyone.

author=Fallen-Griever
Try to keep it civil... (I know how ironic that is coming from me)

author=Fallen-Griever
The LCPANES Terminalis basically an interactive novel. If you have trouble reading then it probably will give you a headache.

:S

Too much contradictory crap going on here although I'm not surprised. For the record, I was not questioning the choice of the featured game which we all know has always been down to staff personal preferences since day one.

Garden 'looks' good, I don't have a better alternative to suggest atm.
imo wait for the summer games result 8D
Solitayre
author=ZPE
Too much contradictory crap going on here although I'm not surprised. For the record, I was not questioning the choice of the featured game which we all know has always been down to staff personal preferences since day one.

Garden 'looks' good, I don't have a better alternative to suggest atm.

Discussion is fine but I really don't want to see this thread get derailed with people complaining about the feature the way the last two featured games threads did. There are more constructive ways to express it than that.

author=Fallen-Griever
I don't think that the Summer Games winner should automatically get a feature because the winner might only be the best terrible game out of a field of terrible games, if you see what I mean.

Obviously, this is completely true, but we have a pretty decent track record with contests, they usually manage to produce one or two good games each, so I'm reasonably confident the Summer Games winner will be a decent choice for a future feature. If it isn't, we don't pick it and no one is worse off.
Solitayre
SPEAKING OF WHICH

It has just come to my attention that Rubi was the contest winner for an event way back in January. It looks pretty neat, why was it never featured? It says it was made in three days, so I suppose that means there might be severe playability issues stemming from such a short dev time, can anyone confirm or deny this? Seems a shame for such a neat looking game to fly under the radar for so long.
As far as I know, Rubi will soon be remade into a longer, fuller game. I would ask the creator first before featuring it, as they may want us to wait for the new version instead.
Solitayre
Thanks for the information!
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
I'm not entirely sure how the rulez on these types of things go. I do intend to in the far future to remake it, but between working on commissions, Adalyn, and later Azulea, it's going to be a long time until I get to it.

If someone wants to feature the current version, I wouldn't mind. If they say it has to be a full completed game, then I guess you can't.

There are 2 known major bugs in that release, which is the spell menu running away in the first battle, and Rubi moonwalking on occassion. But mostly it's just a short game.
Solitayre
I don't think length is much of an issue. Clock of Atonement was featured and that game is maybe fifteen minutes long.
Solitayre
*coughs conspicuously*
In that case I'd agree with Rubi, since it was a contest winner.

I'll also throw up a nomination for Dragon Fantasy II.
is it possible to extend the revealing of the new featured game until the Summer Games contest has been judged and a winner declared?