THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

author=Liberty
We've looked into the reviews on the game before. Apparently it's legit. If someone wants to review it who is well known, it'd be interesting to see if the hype is real or not.

I'm fine with Tsufan getting June.

You know, I thought about reviewing Umbral Soul before, but I didn't bother because it seemed adequately spoken for, and to be honest I was a bit envious since it had received so many more reviews than Chronicles of Tsufanubra, which I was closely involved with and which came out around the same time.

While I haven't handed out a five star review yet, if I didn't give Umbral Soul one, I think I'd probably have to resign myself to never giving them at all. It's not perfect, of course, but rather than technical flawlessness I prefer to rate according to how impressive or satisfying an experience a game provided, and it's been a long time since I found another game which left such a positive impression on me.

I have to admit I'm a bit baffled by how any competent writer could be so bad at proofreading, but with all said and done, the proofreading really is my biggest complaint (and it seems like the game is being updated to shore that up, among other things,) while I have a huge amount to praise. So for what it's worth, I'd say that yes, the hype is legitimate, and I'd strongly suggest considering featuring it.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I don't know how someone could silence me, good thing I carry around Echo Herbs.
...Well known as in someone who has more than two or three reviews on the site. We have a fair amount of reviewers who do quite a few reviews and thus have a lot of experience playing other games (thus this wouldn't be their first game = they would have experienced a fair few really good games and have something to compare against.)

Anyway, as it is, I ended up playing the game. It's pretty decent but has a few issues (mapping, pacing, writing - but nothing especially bad or consistent).
I'd give it a 3.5-4 out of 5.

Farming One (Highly Rated) - September
Huntress of the Hollow (Misaos) - Halloween?
OFF (Highly Rated) - Halloween?

FF4:AD (Misaos)
Fairie Krystal (Highly Rated)
Neon Lightning Force
I'll nominate Infection for October/Halloween >:D
Huntress of the Hollow (Misaos) - Halloween?
OFF (Highly Rated) - Halloween?
Infection (nominated) - Halloween?

FF4:AD (Misaos)
Fairie Krystal (Highly Rated)
Neon Lightning Force

+1 for Huntress of the Hollow

EDIT: I know I mentioned this before but save "OFF" for the slow month's where we're most likely to have the most traffic and the most eyes, like December/January or a slow summer month.

"OFF" is quite the reputable game, you're gonna want to make sure everyone gets a chance to play this:

Hardcore Gaming 101: "Off" Article

(From NeoGaf's RPG Maker Games: Underlooked Gems Thread)
"OFF is a free French RPG where you take control of a mysterious person called “The Batter”, who is described to be on an important mission. The Batter, and yourself as his controller, are dropped off in zone 0, the first of 4 zones in a perplexing, unknown world about which you slowly find out more and more in the process of the game.

Known for its amazing characters, original soundtrack, and a twisted yet entertaining journey into the depths of this strange world, it is worth it for fans of RPGs, especially those that like Mother 3, which it draws some inspiration from. It is very off-beat, but very well made."

HG101: Interview

EDIT: EDIT: Ask Kentona which month statistically generates the most traffic for RMN - that's when you post "OFF". A lot of non-rpgmakers have played OFF at this point, so If it's going to be featured on RMN, it needs to be special.
author=LordBlueRouge
+1 for Huntress of the Hollow

Same
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Dyhalto
I'll nominate Infection for October/Halloween >:D
So I have you to thank for this! Sneaky devil! :D
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Since a new month is upon us now, which game is going to get the spotlight now? It doesn't seem like the frontpage has been updated yet.
InfectionFiles
It will remain the same FOREVEEEEER!

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Is rmn out of games to feature?
Nah. Libby has a list of 3 or 4 candidates. She just needs to rise from her grave bed.
In the meantime, Infection can score some extra exposure points.
InfectionFiles
Thanks, Dy! :D

You're too supportive~
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Seems the front page is all about dogs these days!
InfectionFiles
Lakria Legends should definitely be the next feature!
I wouldn't featured Lakria quite yet.
It's already buzzing out the wazoo. I get 30-40 Notices per day just from it. Let the buzz die down before you offer it a chance for a second wind.
InfectionFiles
They got about 10 days! lol

Keep that power stride chuggggin!