WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SQUARES? (VX RTP MAPPING CONTEST)

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
http://postimage.org/image/rkynx1j8/1j8/
Well i guess it's just as good it's not too openly visible(couldn't do any better! i mean to put it up here!), oh, it's called : the treasure hunter.
chana

Sorry for all those posts!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
@chana: Even for a desert, that looks kinda empty to me. I probably shouldn't talk, though. I've no sensation for where detail should go, or the best way to use it.

Suggestion: Maybe put a bit of water to have an oasis effect? I dunno.
chana
I had thought of that but he obviously died of thirst, so.. (also in vx the water is square! and that just won't do.)
alright, since nobody does, i'll do the critic :
-where did the sand from the holes go?
chana : right, but then, those holes obviously are not sand holes, imagine i put little lumps of sand all exactly the same next to each hole............ it would have been even more unrealistic than with no sand at all!
-the roof is surrounded by a weird pinkish line
chana : i know, i tried every single possible roof tile in that chipset, they all looked or too brand new, or too clear... nothing did it, so i settled for that!
- the skeleton seems a bit small for the well...?
chana : didn't have bigger skeleton.
- that skeleton is just a decorative detail, its not supposed to be a character!
chana : idk...?! it just came to me like that : tell a story, and i needed a character for that.
-that's what i like about it : it tells a story, also its ok for a vx... sorry, for a first vx map!
chana : thanks!
To sum it up : I like my map!
I have updated the submissions. We have seven official ones now.

Welcome to MONSTER INN!
This husband and wife pair of skeletons recently lost their jobs as the villain's goons, so now they've decided to open an inn for other monster down on their luck! But in this economy, can they keep their small business alive? Tune in next week for MONSTER INN, the new hit reality TV show!

Marrend
Psy, the hallway on the right side of the screen looks kinda odd to me, but I think I've an idea of what you're aiming for with that staircase (elevated area?). Still, this is a neat concept!
I still haven't got much feedback on my submission, but then again, nobody has so I'm going to make mine official.
author=Ben_Random
I still haven't got much feedback on my submission, but then again, nobody has so I'm going to make mine official.

Nothing much to say really. The map looks good and nothing seems out of place. Wait... was the grave dug up? o_O
author=Ben_Random

Kind of busy for my taste... Lots of upper chip everywhere.

Here's my entry. (The more I use VX's map editor, the more I hate it. At least, the RTP. It is just so...limited! There's not a lot you can do with it.)
EDIT:

wait a minute. Most of the entries seem to have NPCs. I thought there was a no-events rule?
I thought there was a no-events rule?

Well, it was removed to allow users take advantage of waterfalls, chimney smoke and bonfires.
Your map looks like... Hades's throne room in Erebus. TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL! MUHAHAHAHA!!!
Marrend
I stand by my no-events map! As for kentona's screen, I'm not getting that much of an "underworld" feel from it. But that could just be me.
The pillars have skulls on them. Those are not normally found in ordinary throne rooms. There are three chairs: for Hades, Persephone and Demeter.{/nerd talk}

EDIT: The skulls could also be masks, but I prefer skulls.
DE
*click to edit*
When is a pillar no longer a pillar?
When it's covered in skulls - then it's a Warhammer pillar.
chana
@Psy : I really quite like your map, reasonably bare, daring the 2 levels (i think it works,if there was a way to make them more obvious, but i don't think there is)! and i love the story!
@Kentona : classic map, a bit overstuffed (the pink cushions for hades, not too obvious!), no default! oh just : too much light for the Underworlds, in my taste.
chana
@Lennon : nice little inn in a forest clearing, i'd love to go there!
author=chana
@Kentona : classic map, a bit overstuffed (the pink cushions for hades, not too obvious!), no default! oh just : too much light for the Underworlds, in my taste.

Two pink cushioned seats for the women Persephone and Demeter. The chair of skulls is not in the map. Hades is obviously not home. The women are having fun in his absence. They switch on lights because they get font memories of Mt. Olympus :P

@Lennon: Nice map. You've mapped the trees pretty well, they look completely random.
chana
author=LivingEffigy
Two pink cushioned seats for the women Persephone and Demeter. The chair of skulls is not in the map. Hades is obviously not home. The women are having fun in his absence. They switch on lights because they get font memories of Mt. Olympus :P
If it's a joke, it's a good one! if not, won't do, nobody is going to beleive ,much less imagine such a twisted story!
author=LivingEffigy
. Wait... was the grave dug up? o_O
I think the old man dug it himself! The squeleton bit really made me laugh! a bit too many squares, but that's for me.