WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SQUARES? (VX RTP MAPPING CONTEST)

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=chana
So it wasn't so obvious... mine isn't there.

I see your name on the list, but no image is hidden underneath the spoiler tag. Yet I can see the image (I think that's the one you ended up submitting) on Page 3. Not sure what's up with that.

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Count me in, i'll get one up later.
Marrend
One week left! GOGOGOGOGO!

(months later)
Are we still wating on who won this contest?

/snarky remark
author=Far_Oz
Count me in, i'll get one up later.

Ya! More participants!
So, the voting period is coming around, how long do you think it will take to vote. A week, two days? What do you think?
chana
I'd say at least 4 days, the more people the more valid the vote (NOT that I count on winning!), but i suppose you know those forum things much better than I do.
Star the voting August 1st, and wrap it up on Friday Aug 5th at noon (so that I can have Friday afternoon to dole out the achievements)
Marrend
Am I a bad person to have been vaguely thinking of who to vote for since the "fortnight left" message I posted? Am I a worse person to have still not made any concrete decision?
We will be able to vote for multiple entries, right?
PentagonBuddy > best exterior of an inn
Cornix > Wins for best interior of an inn
Ben_Random > eh is that an inn or just a cave city?
Drankiyth > I don't seen an inn
idida1 > looks good, but it doesn't look like an inn
Kentona > Good basic throne room, but not an inn
Kitten2024 > good exterior
lennon > good exterior, but missing life
Liberty > good exterior with a campfire, but no inn
Living Effigy > creative exterior, but doesn't give me an inn feeling so much as a bush feeling
Marrend > put an inn sign and take out so many similar cracks
Miss_Maple > too cluttered and a lot of these exteriors are starting to look the same and check your waterfall
psy_wombats > too basic, interesting theme
seangrei > this is a pub... an empty pub
Space_Monkey > most creative, but eh its not an inn
thanks short, but i don't think that it has to be an inn. the op just says:

The theme of this contest is to make an inn, shop, pub, or house of some sort. This does not necessarily mean the map must be an indoor map. Be creative, maybe you can have a hobo's homestead outside!

See it says you can make a shop, pub, or house of some sort. if it does have to be an inn, then err mine is an inn shaped like a castle ;D
(I think that was the joke)
chana
@Ben_Random : mine's still missing in the spoiler!
author=Kentona
(I think that was the joke)
I think...
author=psy_wombats

I'm not sure how all these event things work, but my original idea was to keep it one vote per person. That is, unless someone begs to differ.

author=kentona
Star the voting August 1st, and wrap it up on Friday Aug 5th at noon (so that I can have Friday afternoon to dole out the achievements)

For once, I like your idea Kentona, as of now, this is official.

author=Marrend
Am I a bad person to have been vaguely thinking of who to vote for since the "fortnight left" message I posted? Am I a worse person to have still not made any concrete decision?

Marrend, you are a horrible person. Not for "vaguely thinking of who to vote for", or "not made any concrete decision", but because you knew what the word fortnight meant without using dictionary.com.
chana
author=chana
mine's still missing in the spoiler!
author=Ben_Random
author=psy_wombats
I'm not sure how all these event things work, but my original idea was to keep it one vote per person. That is, unless someone begs to differ.

I beg to differ. I think the 2K3 contest was three votes a person.
I was thinking that it would be interesting to give people 3 votes to dispense with 3 points going to their 1st place choice, 2 to their second, and 1 to their 3rd place choice.
author=psy_wombats
author=Ben_Random
author=psy_wombats
I beg to differ. I think the 2K3 contest was three votes a person.
author=Space_Monkey
I was thinking that it would be interesting to give people 3 votes to dispense with 3 points going to their 1st place choice, 2 to their second, and 1 to their 3rd place choice.

Sure thing, the rule will be changed to three votes per person.