RPG MAKER 2003 NOT LETTING ME TELEPORT

Pages: 1
So i started this prject about a day ago and i made all the maps like so.
At the time i didnt know how to put in a teleport event and i found out how.
But whenever i put "New Teleport event" I choose the map and the spot i want to teleport to but the OK Button gets all faded out!
When The Window first opens it doesn't but whenever i make 1 click it fades out!
I Even Made a new project to see if it wasjust a glitch or something but i have the same problem there too!

Sorry for such a noobish question but Plz Help. i put alot of effort into these and i dont want it to go to waste
IS the spot you're selecting blank? Does it have the hero starting position and/or another event on it? Because it won't work if it does.
the "OK" button gets faded out? so you are trying to make it so the character can choose whether to teleport or not through a choice option? am I understanding this correctly?
No, I think he means it won't let him confirm the "place teleport destination" dialogue because he's placing it in an invalid position.
Ya, It wont let me confirm it for some reson
Everything else is normal
oh ok, yea you can't put it over another event or hero start position....what NewBlack said.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Is this the right command, I do page 2 : "teleport party..." or right click then "teleport to"........?never done ""New Teleport Event"(?).
Ohhh thats why!
Sorry for the sorry for the noobish questions
i just found out about RPG maker only a few days ago
chana
Sure every body starts!
Yea, you should've seen my first game *shudders* we all start somewhere. good luck on your project
It's still strange. @chana: In RPG Maker 2003, there was a new feature added: If you right-click a field in the event layer, there is an option "Create Teleport Event", which will create an "On Hero Touch" event with a teleport in it.
At the beggining, I thought RPG games you actually win, I never thought of it like a story. So, when I started, and I didn't know too much about the RPG maker programs, and I was very lazy and so on. I sucked. But the teleport stuff worked! I don't know why, and it can't be what the others said because even today using RPG maker, the teleport events were allowed to teleport on other events and I believe start hero points and other stuff. IT WORKED PERFECTLY! I really don't know what's going on, but I had a few glitches on Windows 7 the first time using it on Windows 7 (not the first time I used RPG maker programs), but it's not so bothersom. What computer are you using and what version, I'm using Windows 7 and RPG maker 2003.
chana
author=Cherry
It's still strange. @chana: In RPG Maker 2003, there was a new feature added: If you right-click a field in the event layer, there is an option "Create Teleport Event", which will create an "On Hero Touch" event with a teleport in it.

Ah ok, I never used it, yeah so there is a problem.
@pyrodoom : anyways, have fun!
Pages: 1