RADIANT HISTORIA (BEST JRPG)

Pages: first 12 next last
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

Radiant Historia is one of the best games ever made.

It's for the DS, highly innovative while still being an easy-to-get-into traditional jRPG, has a quality story and cast (karsu-approved) and a great battle system. It has a ton of features that are so easy to implement into an RM* game, but are not LE TRADITIONALE~ so they aren't or something, but basically you should play and learn from this game.

It's about TIME TRAVEL and POLITICAL INTRIGUE and THE WORLD TURNING TO SAND. There are no biblical or latin junkwords or cackling silver-haired warriors to defeat. There are a ton of sidequests scattered throughout the game that require using time travel and logic to solve. The animation is solid, the music is terrific, this game is GET IT NOW.

author=Craze
There are no biblical or latin junkwords or cackling silver-haired warriors to defeat.

It's good to have you back.
I already have and love it, but this is good advertisement for the game nonetheless.

Also, welcome back.
I've heard quite a lot about you Mr.Craze, welcome back.
Craze
I'm not back; you guys suck. I just wanted to preach.

Bye.
viral marketing at work guys, im pretty good at sniffing this stuff out, i know.

actually im thinking of buying this, thanks for making the choice easier
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
I really like this game. Calling it the best may be a bit much though.

Definitely up there though.
Is this the game with time travel stuff?
Craze
You constantly leap back and forth between two timelines/stories, yes.
Good music? That can't be! Yoko Shimomura's the composer!
(The music is actually good.)
Craze

The game's soundtrack is magical.
Yeah, Radiant Historia is fucking boss. Really really good.
Beat it some time ago, hard game but some great moments. Best RPG on the DS for me.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I wish it was not for a portable platform. I can't play portables, I just can't for some reason. If it came out for a real console I'd totally check it out.
author=Max McGee
I wish it was not for a portable platform. I can't play portables, I just can't for some reason. If it came out for a real console I'd totally check it out.

Weird, I'm just the opposite.
I'd say Radiant Historia is worth getting a DS for.
Hmm, this looks pretty interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
I agree with every word of the op. I have this and I'm on the Final Chapter of the Standard History, but I'm taking the time to finish up sidequests, learn the extra skills, and get the best gear so I can one shot everything with Aht's traps and Cross Star. And not get murked by the last boss like I did before.

The game sometimes frustrates me, especially the late-game, but it's never anything I can't go back and retry. I think it's got a nice balance of challenge. The time travel between different histories to solve problems and advance the story is great, and I enjoy the cast.

If you have a DS and you want an RPG to play. Get this.

Now.
author=Max McGee

I think Atlus release a lot of their niche games on the DS as the potential loss they might make is significantly reduced. I ain't complaining as most of their games have been excellent and I don't have to worry about regional locks. :<
I was planning on picking up Uncharted 2, should I pick up this instead?
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
Is this as good as FF7?
Pages: first 12 next last