FINAL FANTASY VII CRISIS CORE

Pages: 1

PLOT:
Crisis Core focuses on Zack Fair, who's part of a military organization called SOLDIER, trying to earn a First Class ranking. He's joined by the world famous Cloud Strife, the main character in the original Final Fantasy VII title, the blond character being an average Shinra Guard. The Shinra Electric Power Company rules all of the world's continents by force and with the aid of their technological superiority. Shinra uses Mako energy to fuel all of its gear, power plants and buildings and provides electricity for comercial usage. Like in the original title, the
action takes place in Midgar, the capital of Shinra's growing empire, but you'll also travel to various other locations.

GAMEPLAY:
Crisis Core has action- and menu-based elements. The new battle system is known as Digital Mind Wave, or "DMW", and revolves around a series of reels at the upper left corner of the screen which spin continuously as long as there are Soldier Points, or "SP" left to consume. Each reel rotates independently and upon lining up three reels of the same character and value, a power-up or a "Power Surge!" will be rewarded to Zack.

The player has full control over Zack when moving around, and can rotate the camera with the left and right triggers. Enemies abound in the field screen, battles against whom take place in real time.

Enemies can be attacked physically and magically. Spells such as Fire and Cure are located on the command bar rather than in a separate sub-menu like in Final Fantasy VII, and used in the same fashion as previous titles. Materia makes a return, fully customizable and in the multiple varieties from Final Fantasy VII, including green (spells) and yellow (extra commands: Steal, Sense, etc.). In addition, Materia can be fused together to enhance one Materia's abilities (such as making a Cure Materia that increases HP), or to make an entirely new Materia. The Materia the player has equipped determine the Magic and special commands on the in battle menu. Defensive and evasive maneuvers can also be used, such as dodge-rolling and blocking incoming attacks.

CHARACTERS:
Angeal Hewley: A Soldier 1st Class who acts as a mentor to other, lower ranking Soldiers, particularly Zack to whom he seems to have become something of a patron. He is a respected 1st Class and is well known for his sense of responsibility and wisdom and is a companion to Sephiroth and Genesis, the latter of whom he grew up with in the rural village of Banora. Angeal is the original owner of the Buster Sword used by Zack and, later, Cloud, which was purchased for him by his late father using all the family's savings. He tends not to use the weapon, however, claiming that "use brings about wear, tear and rust".

Genesis Rhapsodos: A 1st class member of Soldier and close friend of Angeal and Sephiroth. He is the result of Project G that Dr. Gast, Dr. Cresent and Dr. Hojo organized. Like Angeal, he has a single wing, but his is black and protrudes to the left. He is a mysterious figure who is known to favor the play "Loveless" which he apparently found in his parents' study. For this reason, he is always heard reciting stanzas from various acts of the play.

Lazard: Has received promotions at an exceptional speed to attain his present status within the organization. The reason for this is hinted at subtly throughout Lazards various Soldier missives that Zack receives during the course of the game.

Professor Hollander: A former Shinra scientist who holds a grudge against Hojo, due the power struggle for leader of Shinra's Department of Scientific Research that cost Hollander his status and reputation. He is the father of Angeal and the creator of Project G, originally Project Gillian as he uses his wife as a carrier and extracts it from her into Genesis. He sides with Genesis originally, serving to halt his degredation, until Genesis had no more use for his services. But Genesis let him live since he injected himself with the G cells. He has a small black wing and his body begins to deteriorate quickly.

Left to right, Genesis, Angeal, Zack, Sephiroth, Tseng, and Cloud

So, what are your thoughts on this game? I should have made a thread on this earlier as it came out like a couple of weeks ago.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
It's an alright game, finished all the missions and the game on normal, but really it was kind of a let down I don't know I thought it would have been better. Music was great, story was alright I guess but, I really hated the fact they added certain characters to scenes in the original that weren't their just to fit the game, fucken Genesis.

Characters were pretty straight forward, Genesis quotes LOVELESS every time he speaks, Angeal wants to keep his honor, Zack is a child, Aeris(th) is so fucken stupid my GOD she like the dumb cheer leader in a teen movie, some good voice overs though for some of them though.

Gameplay was repetitive after a while because your pretty much doing the same thing no matter what enemy your facing. Materia Fusion was a great feature, really had to do the missions to get the real stuff plus some equipment allowed you to do 99,999 damage(Just get Costly Punch and you'll do 99,999 every time) which will take you through the game with ease, but later missions were insanely hard.

Ive heard some people say they cried at the end and how sad the game was but it's not sad, I mean I already knew he was going to.. yeah from Final Fantasy VII so I guess that killed the surprise. DD, why didn't you elaborate on the game your self instead of copying stuff from wikipedia or whatever?
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I played this for a bit a few weeks ago and wasn't terribly impressed. I am not a fan of the over-the-top anime style of storytelling they have present.

Gameplay wise, it seemed to feature the "Mash the X Button" battle system.
Tseng was pretty awesome. Genesis was such a dyke. In high school, he'd be the smelly trenchcoat wearing fag nobody wanted around (no offense to the smelly trenchcoat wearing fags among us ;))

I did really like the scene where Zack "grows up" though. You know the one.
author=WIP link=topic=924.msg12439#msg12439 date=1208533661
Gameplay wise, it seemed to feature the "Mash the X Button" battle system.

If you play on Hard its much more involved but the controls aren't are responsive as a full action game so it's kind of frustrating.

I like this game a bit. It's pretty good.
This is probably the best game I've ever played, but others may not be of my opinion, but thats ok, its still my number 1. Then its God of War ;D
author=Tau link=topic=924.msg12429#msg12429 date=1208526973
DD, why didn't you elaborate on the game your self instead of copying stuff from wikipedia or whatever?

Because i am just plain lazy. 8)

author=Tau link=topic=924.msg12429#msg12429 date=1208526973
Ive heard some people say they cried at the end and how sad the game was but it's not sad, I mean I already knew he was going to.. yeah from Final Fantasy VII so I guess that killed the surprise.

A friend of mine cried at the end of the game as well. It wasn't even sad anyway, i've seen it happen in plenty of games.

While not one of my favorites it does have a few game breaking flaws for me.

One: Spells are easy as SHIT to dodge. At first I cursed magic and then when I realized, hey, all I have to do is ROLL out of the way, I laughed at the enemeies who used it mainly to attack.

Thunder? - Roll.
Fire? - ROLL.
Blizzard - t_t...roll. Hell, walk a steps away and done.

Secondly: Some of the missions were downright cruel if you weren't leveled up enough. Went on one thinking, "Yeah! I can do this!" just to have the first enemy I met smack me for 6000 damage. Needless to say I exclaimed a heavy 'wtf' and then proceeded to die.

Third - Plugging in characters that weren't present in FF7's flashbacks. At times it felt as if I had fallen into the Lifestream and was imaging some of them--almost as redundant as some of the story characters from Dirge.

All in all, it's a decent action-rpg to me...just not a favorite.
Never played it, decided to watch half of it on Youtube for kicks.

Zack was really well... adorable, in my most natural language. He had a nice personality, and he was a really nice change from all the angsty teens we've been having.

Oh man, all the Genesis hate... I liked Genesis, mainly because Genesis is Gackt. And Gackt is smoking hot, even when he's doing weird things like performing with black feathered wings at a live concert.

I liked the soundtrack. "Underneath the Apple Tree" and "Price of Freedom" were amazing IMO.

Now, I thought that Final Fantasy VII was completely perfect as it was, no Advent Children, no DOC, no Crisis Core could ever make it "canon" to me. But Crisis Core was a nice game, it had it's problems, but it was alright.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
Why the fuck did you idiots revive a 3 year old topic? seeing a topic on like page 20 should be clear enough indication not to post in it.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Ark
Why the fuck did you idiots revive a 3 year old topic?
Why would it even bother you?
Last time I checked this was a forum.

seeing a topic on like page 20 should be clear enough indication not to post in it.
and yet, here we are
Oh sorry. I didn't realized I was necro-threading. To be honest, I think I found it on the first page of game discussions and thought it was safe.
I had found it on the front page. So, if it's necro-threading then bite me--it's a forum. lol.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Ark
Why the fuck did you idiots revive a 3 year old topic? seeing a topic on like page 20 should be clear enough indication not to post in it.

That's a very unnecessarily nasty attitude. If the thread isn't locked and someone has something relevant to say, they should feel free to comment. If the discussion is dead, no one will ever reply. If it's not, we'll have an interesting discourse.

OH, THE ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY!!!!
Pages: 1