THE CONDUIT (WII FPS)

Pages: 1
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
http://wii.ign.com/articles/867/867498p1.html

Apparently a smaller developer is making a "mature" Wii FPS called The Conduit. They are trying to load up the game full of crazy effects that most most Wii devs don't even know exist.

It's no 360, but it ain't bad. Check out the rest of the screenshots. The engine looks fairly competent, but the devs own artists are not amazing.

Anyways, I feel like the Wii has a serious lack of FPS titles for it. Metroid Prime 3 showed that you can do some AMAZINGLY kick ass controls for first-person games.
Looks decent man. I don't think many people realize that one Gamecube is fine but two Gamecubes is actaully a mean bit of processing power. I guess I can't comment on much else because I don't know a lot. My gut impression though is that this is going to be billed as "an Xbox 360-style experience on your Wii" which is probably not the best idea.

But Jesus Christ I am sick of games where your avatar takes up most of the screen. Games like this or third-person games where the camera is centered on your character suck because you want to be able to focus on everything *but* yourself (GRAW had the brilliant idea of having your avatar way far off to the side and RE4 did something similar). But I guess this is more of a criticism of games in general than this particular game.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
One thing I like about MP3 is the HUD stuff. It makes you feel more like you are wearing a helmet and such. And thankfully Samus's gun didn't take up TOO much of the screen.

OH and for those of you in the know, this article basically confirms that the Wii GPU has twice as many TEV cycles than the GCN does. The TEV is the programmable part of the GPU.
Pages: 1