GOING AWAY

Pages: 1
Okay, long story short, I'm not going to be active here anymore. I feel that RMN has become an empty addiction of mine, I just don't get much out of it anymore. However, this is more of a personal problem than a problem with the site. College classes are starting up again, and I feel the need to focus more on school work. More over, I feel like I've been neglecting my spiritual life in favor of game making, and its really getting to a point where it consumes me instead of enriching me. I know I don't really post often, but I stalk the forums a lot, far too much for my liking.

And... I feel guilty associating myself with a site that runs halfway on games made with a pirated program. Even if I'm using a legal program with legal resources now, it just bugs me. I understand if people think I'm too obsessive over legality, but that's just how I feel.

Now on the grounds of a potential return: I might come back once I complete a portion of my current project just to post a demo and receive feedback. I still want to make a game. I would say that I'm moving my stuff to Meridian Dance, but I'm not (I don't know anyone there, haha). In other words, I hope for less talk, more game make. I want to wish everyone good luck with their games, and I hope you guys can make RMN a better place. Less trolling, more game making. =)

P.S. I still have a bit of unfinished business to wrap up, which I will. So if you were waiting for something from me, I'll get back to you ASAP.
author=saya
it's just part of the Christian guilt factor.

Just jerk off a little beat. Helped me out!
And... I feel guilty associating myself with a site that runs halfway on games made with a pirated program. Even if I'm using a legal program with legal resources now, it just bugs me. I understand if people think I'm too obsessive over legality, but that's just how I feel.

Yes, I feel absolutely the same way. I cry every night when I'm in my bed and wait to fall asleep, just because I feel so guilty because of using RM2k3.

Excuse me, I have to go now and watch some illegal films.
When you said pirated programs and resources, I started randomly thinking is she talking to me, because I use rips and other sprites that others have created and RPGmaker2003 usually, though I've never met you, it's sad that you're leaving, good bye, what I'm guessing would be a potential friend...
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
we are all going to hell, repent now and give your heart and rpg maker to jesus so you too can go to heaven, it's the only way.

don't you understand that the devil himself is making you illegally download these makers? Is making a few shitty games worth your soul?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
....understandable, actually.
Best of luck in your future endeavours~
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
All I can say is you must not have been confronted with much evil stuff, downloading a pirated gamemaker, in comparison, is part of the (holy!) good acts one can make, something like a child pulling his tongue at another for whatever reason!
we are all going to hell, repent now and give your heart and rpg maker to jesus so you too can go to heaven, it's the only way.

RM2k3 is my second bible and Don Miguel my second Jesus.
author=Deacon Batista
RM2k3 is my second bible and Don Miguel my second Jesus.

What? It should be your first!

Don't forget the 'The Three Tile Rule,' too! That book saved me from a everlasting depression.

...We'll miss you, Saya! But you gotta do what's best for you.
Too bad, you were a good member when you did post. I liked your attitude. Part of the RMN snarky-ness(see above) will never go away, but in terms of trolling it's so much better than it was around the time I joined last year. I see you joined only a few months later, you gotta admit it's not as bad as it used to be.

I had the same issue with an unhealthy obsession of browsing this site. Then I took a few months off and now I just check it every day or two, usually spending an hour at most if I find something to talk about. Same with RPGmaking, it's good to take breaks once and a while. Especially if it takes over other aspects of your life.

I hope you find what your looking for! Take care~

author=Feldschlacht IV
author=saya
it's just part of the Christian guilt factor.
Just jerk off a little beat. Helped me out!

haha I lol'd hard at this

*about piracy - I don't use a pirated engine(unless you consider 2k3 pirated, which I don't think anybody does), but I do use mostly ripped resources. Some of us just don't have the ability to create our own resources. If we didn't use rips we couldn't make games :( It's not for profit and it's just for fun, no harm in that if you ask me
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
They don't consider it one, but it's illegal to use 2k3's translated versions.
Fuuuuuuuu--

Bye Saya :< Hope to see you later
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
"They don't consider it one, but it's illegal to use 2k3's translated versions", but certainly tolerated, if only because dozens of countries couldn't have rpgmaker2003 at all otherwise, some how many dozens of millions?!
Pages: 1