PLEASE TELL ME EVERYTHING THAT I NEED TO PLAY GAMES HERE

Pages: 1
Hey all, how's it going? I've been looking for a site like this for years, and I'm both so happy to have been given the link by someone else. I honestly thought that a site like this wouldn't exist, and if I wanted to play games using the RPGMaker engine that I'd have to pay $20 for bland games that quite literally were translated through babelfish. I'm also am amazed by how friendly the community seems be.

But this isn't an introduction topic, it's a topic wondering if there's anywhere on this site that lists everything you'll need to play most games on its own specific engine.

For example, for RPGMaker 2000, I've found that you need RTP RTPe, RTP 132e, and 105e, along with RPGmaker 2000 itself.

So, if it's not too much of an issue, can I get the listing for everything I need for every game that's playable here?

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. I know about the program for RPG Maker 2003 that allows you to save anywhere, and I was wondering if there's similar programs for other types of game engines. For one, I'd love to be able to create save states in Super Mario Bros X.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
There's not actually more than one "real" RTP per engine. I think RPG Maker 2000 has extra "enhanced" RTP packages because the original translater tossed extra stuff in? I have a sneaking suspicion all the versions you listed are actually either identical, or the final one contains all the previous ones. Regardless, the other engines all just have one version of their RTP, total, so you shouldn't have any more problems like that.

For RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 you will also need the font patch. You can play without it, but text will be very hard to read. This patch only needs to be installed once and will fix all future games you ever download.

You never actually need the RPG Maker program itself either. Unless you want to edit the game. (If you play shitty bug-ridden games that are unbeatable due to bugs, you may want to edit them. That shouldn't happen if you only play completed games though.)

There are other utilities, mostly for RPG Maker 2003, that do weird things like double the battle speed or let you save anywhere. But you don't need them. They're just hacks people have made.
Hmm, a font patch eh? What is it called, and where can I get it?

Edit: Nevermind, found it easily. I'll apply it if I ever run into any font issues.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Here's the lowdown for a fool-proof way to enjoying RM games:

RPG Maker 2000
* RPG Maker 2000 (the engine, optional)
* RTP
* RTP expansion (aka RTP132e)
* Harmony.dll (if not included with the game and you don't have the engine)
* Font Patch (optional, mentioned above)

RPG Maker 2003
* RPG Maker 2003 (the engine, optional)
* RTP
* Harmony.dll (if not included with the game and you don't have the engine)
* Font Patch (optional, mentioned above)

RPG Maker XP/VX
* RPG Maker XP/VX (the applicable engine, optional)
* Applicable RTP
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
RTP expansion (RTP132e) isn't really needed because as far I know, not many use stuff from that expansion. If they do, they pack the RTP132e resources they use with their game.

h0nk.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, yeah. Anyone who actually wants their game to be playable will pack everything needed to play the game with it. You only ever need any sort of external resources at all to play games by people who don't bother to try to make their games playable.

Possible exception is the font patch, since there are people who just don't know about it and think the squished hard-to-read font is the only one there is.
This could probably be made into a useful article...
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=Nightowl
RTP expansion (RTP132e) isn't really needed because as far I know, not many use stuff from that expansion. If they do, they pack the RTP132e resources they use with their game.

h0nk.

You'll be surprised how many games didn't pack the RTP expansion together. ;_;

Possible exception is the font patch, since there are people who just don't know about it and think the squished hard-to-read font is the only one there is.

And there's also people like me who simply don't get the screwed up fonts problem. The font problem seems to be extremely circumstantial since it crops up (or not) randomly like a whack-a-mole.
Pages: 1