[RM2K3] MULTIPLE CONDITIONS

Pages: 1
I'm designing an evented default battle system in rm2k3. Since both character standing pose and character attack animations are battle animations, I created a condition (on the conditions tab) that makes the character invisible when he's afflicted. So, whenever he makes any attacks, I add that condition, show the attack animation, then I remove the condition. It works fine (thanks to whomever suggest me in this forums, I forgot who it was).

I have a problem though. I'm adding actual conditions in my game (like poison), but they conflict. First time I added a condition, the character stopped getting invisible when attacking. I made the "invisible" condition have a higher priority, and it fixed the problem. But after my character attacks, the "poison" condition disappears. Is it because a character can't have more than one condition at a time? Is there a way around it?
There is a weird correlation in the condition priorities. Higher conditions take precedence over lower ones, and the highest one applied is the one that the battle engine uses to display the associated charset. However, I think I remember hearing that for multiple conditions, only ones that are within 10 points of each other can coexist and be applied to one character at a time.

So having mulitple conditions afflicted on a char is possible, but those conditions have to be within 10 points of one another. If they are outside of 10 points, the lower priority conditions are removed.

*I think*

that is, if I have a condition X with priority 55 applied, and then try to apply a condition Y with priority 75, condition X will be removed. But if condition Y was only 60, both X and Y will still be applied, with Y taking precedence in the battlechar display.
I heard the same with as Kentona and had to adjust conditions accordingly. Just make sure important conditions are on top of others. The order I followed was (auto-buffs, buffs, debuffs, negative status that don't stop actions, negative status that stop actions). Basically shaking a fist at only showing one condition at a time.
It works! Yay! I made the invisible condition have a 100 priority, and all others have 95. They won't ever go together anyway. Thanks!
Pages: 1