DOING IT! - WEEK SIXTEEN

Pages: 1
DOING IT!

Week the skippedafewsixteenth.

DOING IT! is a community event ran each week where a prompt is given and those who wish to fulfill it post their work here. It is entirely optional, you may join at any time - even after a week has finished. Feel free to post as many pieces as you like. Feedback is encouraged.

DETAILED EXPLANATION/QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS HERE

RULES
- Post your work in the thread, preferably with some small explanation about it. Whether that be about any troubles you had fulfilling the prompt, how you went about it or how you think it turned out is up to you.
- Feedback is highly encouraged, but optional. No flaming please. Constructional critique is preferred. If you see a piece without feedback, consider leaving even a line about it. Keep feedback polite.
- Keep posts on/in topic. Try not to get too off-track, please.
- "Borrowing". As these threads may include both original graphical and musical creations please ask the creators instead of just adding them to your 'collections'. If authors don't mind adding full works, go ahead, but partial works are also encouraged. If someone states in their post that they do not want their work used, please try to refrain yourself from grabbing with your grubby hands. It makes you look like a fool and a thief when others' point it out. People have been given bad reputations and ostracized from communities for doing this.
- You may add to this topic at any time. A link to this and the other weekly topics to come will be added to the main topic each week. Feel free to add new work to any of them at any time.

If you have any questions, suggestions or ideas for prompts please see the
original thread.

ENJOY YOURSELVES!

PROMPT: SPIRITED SPRITES
This week we're going to focus on self-generated graphics. Ah yes, spriting. The art of creation via pixels. So let's get some sprites up. They may be a character you've made from scratch, a tile you've edited or anything to do with graphical creation.

Go forth and do it!

Previous Topics

WEEK SIXTEEN: SPIRITED SPRITES
Ah, sprites. Pretty much the story of my life. It's something that's never ever done. Sometimes I feel like I'll be spriting forever with the amount I've done and the amount that still remains.

In any case I'll share a random set of sprites from my current project.

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year

wip battlers for CC, mostly finished but I'll be respriting Edea.

Problem with FF fangames: you can find a million different versions of characters you don't want, find one crappy one of one you do want, and then decide to sprite it yourself anyway (/edit some other RTP graphic)
Like this one:

(The other Beatrix I have is so pillowy it's insane D:)

I'm also working on Wedge (FF7 version) but I'll wait until he's more refined before I even consider posting P:
Sometimes I randomly start pixelling concepts. Conveniently, one of those times was just before I saw this. Quite a coincidence considering these times are months apart and are generally fruitless.

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just messing around with something very elementary for this. *Not a mock-up, but a functioning map in RPG Maker 2k3*
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Some stuff from Metroid Origins (RIP) (all custom work, too):

Samus's Gunship

Samus's running left animation and a couple other frames. There's about 40 more frames besides these. :o
I'll see if I can dig some of mine up later on. Also that is one sexy gunship, WIP. Didn't know you sprited.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Well here are some sprites from my remake of Choice. As you can see I like to imitate Paul robertsons sprite style, but to be honest I'm trying to find one that'll be unquie to me.

It's really annoying how close I'm actually to finishing it though.. pretty much a cutscene and a few tweaks from
completion but I have to wait until the weekend for that to happen =/
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.

This is the main character from Vindication, totally custom. Some of the other characters are pieced together or are partially custom, but the main character was done from scratch. Of course it was still done in RTP style, because I didn't want to make *everything* from scratch, and I'm not really good enough at pixeling to come up with my own style.

The top left character is obviously not the same character, but it was also done from scratch. I redid one of the RTP heroes from RPG Maker 95 in the style of RPG Maker 2003.

I also made battle poses for my main character, of course:

Battle poses page 1:
Battle poses page 2:
Battle poses page 3:

You'll notice the giant sword at the end didn't quite fit when he attacks. I had to turn that one into a battle animation.

Even though RM2K3's battle sprites are by default quite a bit larger than the map sprites, I went with making them the same size. On the downside, this meant I had to make them all myself, even for my three RTP characters. On the upside, this cut the work required down by a shitload for the eight and a half non-RTP characters, because I didn't have to pixel everyone in two different styles.

He has a giant sized graphic too, for when he appears as an enemy in one fight:

I don't like the enemy graphic. But I don't like any of the enemy graphics in Vindication except for the imperial soldiers. Which is why I use them in like six different dungeons. The fight would probably be a lot more terrifying if not for his idiotic poofy ankle pants and his god-awful hair.
Pages: 1