LOOKING FOR A GAME TO PLAY..

Pages: first 12 next last
Preferrably 25-30+ hours long. No VX/XP games, only because my computer is old and they tend to lag for me. I've tried Hero's Realm, but for some reason that lags for me, too.

I've played Legacies of Dondoran, Shadows of Evil, Paradise Blue, and Alter Aila Genesis. I'm sure I've played others. No satirical games either, please. Thanks in advance. :]
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Hero's Realm is your best bet--oh never mind.

25-30 hours long? Not sure. Forever's End is 8-10 hours long.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Master of the Wind (30+ hours).
Try 'The Way' series, Three the Hard Way, Everlong, Shadows of Evil:Wings of Time, Final Tear 3 (^.^;), War of Two Worlds, Tiamat Sacrament and Myth Xaran for longer complete games. Also Notes of the Second Mellynd War, for a long demo (there's a 2k3 version).
Of that group my personal picks would be:
Three, the Hard Way
The Way series (6 of them)
Shadows of Evil: Wings of Time
War of Two Worlds
Myth Xaran
Notes of the Second Mellynd War

NOTE: These are the longest games I know of. This doesn't mean they'll take over 20 hours, sorry. Think about the amount of work that goes into a game that's only 3-4 hours long - this is the reason why good games aren't usually so long. The longest games are either padded out via slow walk/text speeds, double doubling back and high random battle rates (Final Tear 3) or very rare.
25-30 hours long is a tall order here.
Iron Gaia is pretty long, although probably not 20 hours. Otherwise, three the hard way. Too bad hero's realm is out, as it is probably the best rm2k/3 game out there (aside from abl).
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Iron Gaia is only 10 hours long at the outset (I think I could probably beat it in 6-8), and thus doesn't qualify, unless you're counting the new game plus. It's also not that good although people seem to like it.
Alpha-Terra Conspiracy: Empire of Stars.

It is getting a lot longer:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3495/
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
After designing all the puzzles myself and playing a hundred test runs, I can beat Vindication in 12 hours. You probably can't; 25-30 hours is probably about right. It's probably about the same length as the world of balance in FF6. It's a game with comedy in it, but it's not a "joke game."

I'd also recommend Paradise Blue, by Ocean. Not sure the exact length, but I got about 10 hours in and didn't feel like I was anywhere remotely close to the finale. And it was fun.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I want to second the recommendation of Three The Hard Way. It's my favorite RPG Maker game of that length.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
"Three the Hard Way" is such a great title. I don't think there's ever been such a strong case where the title alone makes me wanna download a game. Now I have to look into it...
Have you tried Mastumut? That one's insane. I can't even get past the first level.
hi guys.newbie here.can i ask?i download the games here(which all look awesome)but i cant play any of them.do u know why is that?do i need a program or something?thnx
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Try downloading and installing 7zip. It's possible that some of them are in archive files that Windows can't open without help.
i am not that much a newbie :).when i open the game it says that dll file not found(enelysion) or failed to load actor data (cosplay crisis).what to do?:S
Download harmony dll to fix Enelysion. Be sure to put it in the folder as well.
Not sure about Cosplay Crisis.
i just did.and opened it in enelysion file.but still problem :(
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=tibarn
i am not that much a newbie :).when i open the game it says that dll file not found(enelysion) or failed to load actor data (cosplay crisis).what to do?:S

Did you extract the data file? :P

+ which version are you using? (.zip or .rar)? Try the other version if you have extracted the data file.

Also, here: http://rpgmaker.net/articles/308/

I wrote this a while back on extracting and installing games. It might help with any issues you're having.
LockeZ
Why an RM2K3 game wouldn't have harmony.dll is beyond me... you can download any working RM2K3 game (like mine) and it'll come with the file, or you can just google harmony.dll to get it by itself.

Cosplay Crisis sounds like there is a significant bug with the game. It was just updated yesterday and SorceressKyrsty is kind of bad about including lots of bugs in that game! Recommend sending her a mail and letting her know.
Pages: first 12 next last