WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Corfaisus
It's times like this I realize how easy it is for me to take for granted the fact that I live in a safe neighborhood where nobody knows your name and we all plan on keeping it that way.

May the angels watch over you, our resident Seraph.

Same.
I hope your safe Jo. That's truly horrifying.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

What's in the captcha, on the other hand, is a staff.

^^Captcha in a nutshell.^^

The "guess the letters(hieroglyphics)" ones are the worst:

The eternal dilemma
what is 'welp' anyways?
what is 'welp, welp'?
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Found out some notification stuff I thought wasn't important (as the function it used had been removed as of API 6.0) turned out to completely crash the app when it's an actual release apk and not a debug apk..

Upside is that I think I found how to fix said problem but have to wait for Google to process the update before testing it =3=

EDIT: steadily finding that google's own code does many things that the device doesn't like.
welp is the biggest in-joke that the site has that people forget is an in-joke

it dates back to ye olde gamingworld days, iirc

we just use it to indicate general meh-ness or the feeling of 'oh well' or eh
the ol' shrug
Welp.

...Wait, Liberty, why is your username pink now? I want a pink username, too! :P
haha i love how this place has a long history...
sotired of audio jacks not working. anyone a mail order repair technician?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I have the crappiest recording equipment you can purchase.

Oh look fearful, you have 1 makerscore now!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
unless it went viral from gamingw, i think welp is universal. i see it all over the place now.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
The first instance of "welp" i remember seeing was 2006, in a webcomics forum.
I remember the year because i spent three days trying to find out what it meant without asking for help, since i didn't know much english then and couldn't communicate.
WOW STREAMING FOR 19 HOURS STRAIGHT WAS REALLY AGOOD WAY OF MAKING ME FORGET OF ALL BAD T HINGS THAT HAPPENED I ACTUALLY FEEL GREAT AND IT'S MOSTLY THANKS TO YOU SO THANK YOU RMN HAVE ALL MY HEARTS HERE POMPOMPOMPOMPOMOPMOMPOMPOMPOMPOMPMO PINKU SUGAR HEART ATTACKU

author=Craze
unless it went viral from gamingw, i think welp is universal. i see it all over the place now.

my brazilian friends are writing welp all the time through my influence. they don't speak english
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I heard well or even said it before RMN! mainly because it's a silly way to say well
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
You're all wrong. Welp is the name of a star system in the RMNverse, that was first founded by the Galactic Dragen Empire in the year BH1034. In the year AH6997, it is a wasteland of a cluster, used only as a jailer colony.
Quote from the movie Dumb & Dumber:

"Hey, guys! Whoa, Big Gulps, huh? Alright... Welp, see ya later!"

from 1994

though it was definitely popular on gamingw and that's where I picked it up.

my brazilian friends are writing welp all the time through my influence. they don't speak english

this is the best
what is gamingw? seems like some powerful form of ancient forum

author=Mirak
Oh look fearful, you have 1 makerscore now!

yes my worth as a human is increasing at an accelerated rate, i was part of a (failed) REVOLUTION!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
powerful? no. ancient forum? yes. this site was created by a splinter-group from gamingw called #rm2k (irc channel), which included such characters as... .... well i guess from the active members of #rm2k, ankylo and i are the only ones left. trihan's still around a bit, i suppose. addit and pizza are also mildly related from the Olde Tymes of drama (technically others were active at gamingw, like Liberty and YellowMagic, but they weren't really part of the splinter drama)

anyway, WIP from #rm2k created RMN with rcholbert. #rm2k and #shmup (another gamingw splinter) moved here. shit happened and my close friend karsuman (#rm2k) became admin after the WIP/rcholbert years. karsu grew tired of the shit (this site used to be a wreck of aggression and negativity) and #shmup did a mass exodus. somewhere in that mess, kentona was dubbed the inheritor of RMN. we've had an era of peace for now.

i feel like this comes up in this thread like every 100 pages.

tl;dr: gamingw was a site that imploded due to in-jokery and rmn was birthed shortly before the disaster spiral
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=fearful
what is gamingw? seems like some powerful form of ancient forum
The funny thing about this quote is that in my community game, Pokemon RMN, I'm pretty much portraying Gaming World as just that (or like some ancient civilization that collapsed).