WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
windows 7 runs all RMs brilliantly for me.
RMXP (both editor and games) triggers DEP if it's in OptOut mode, except that's common across Windows XP to 7 and Windows has DEP in OptIn mode, not OptOut, by default. You can fix this by adding games and the editor to the DEP whitelist.

I only said that so I could say something more than Tardis did
I use Windows 7 64-bit and roughly 40% of all XP and VX games that I have tried have given me the delightful "APPCRASH" error :/
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=GreatRedSpirit
You can fix this by adding games and the editor to the DEP whitelist.

this^

and also, it seems that stunningly few people know about win7's numerous (and glorious) compatibility settings! when in doubt, play around with those.
the last boss in Drakengard. fuck this game.
author=Orig
fuck this game.

that is pretty much what i said to myself after the first 15 minutes of Drakengard.
I felt like I was playing an alpha version of Dynasty Warriors 2.
Does it get better?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=tardis
author=GreatRedSpirit
this^

and also, it seems that stunningly few people know about win7's numerous (and glorious) compatibility settings! when in doubt, play around with those.

oh good. I was worried about PaintTool SAI and stuff. Cool beans!
Def. Going to get that new lappy.
author=tardis
author=GreatRedSpirit
this^

Thanks for the tip, I'll try adding them to the exceptions list (unfortunately no combination of compatibility settings seemed to help).
Some of the endings are beautiful and the cutscenes are bizarre as hell, but ultimately unless you're double tasking with something else (for me it was listening to TTC lectures and CS Lewis novels), the gameplay gets way too repetitive and it's a disgusting waste of time.
Was Cobb really in reality or was he stuck in limbo the whole time? :S
Goddamn all "Defend X for Y minutes" missions in RTS's, they're annoying as hell and expect me to be able to watch a billion points on the map all at the same bloody time, and I swear they also expect you to have resources coming out of your arse! At least some RTS's put the object you need to protect behind you, 'cause it's possible to get a good defense up that way...
The only reason to play Drakengard is to see how much Cavia hates you and everything you stand for, especially with later endings. The way to experience Drakengard without the god awful gameplay is to read the LP and let somebody else suffer for you while delivering the highlights of the game! Also it's hilarious
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Huge dilemma.
Should I study a course I like in a place I'd probably hate or should I stay in a place I love doing a course I'm not really passionate about, and later study what I really like as a postgraduate degree (in said place that I love)?

...I guess two degrees are better than one...but can I really pull this off? hmmm
go for it. challenge yourself to achieve it.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Yeah logic dictates the latter option is the better one. I'm only a university student half the time anyway.

Should be an interesting couple of years. Here's hoping I don't suffer a mental breakdown or anything.

EDIT: Oh also, better chance of getting my teeth fixed here (big issue for me).
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Link_2112
Was Cobb really in reality or was he stuck in limbo the whole time? :S

It's a better movie if it was reality, but probably he was in Limbo to be a mindfuck artistic touch.
Yeah, I wanted to believe it was reality.

Spoilers
I was reading a site that discussed some of the questions I had and there were some interesting theories.

It turns out that the kids at the end of the movie, while looking exactly the same as in his memory, had different clothes on. The fact that his father appears at the airport kind of suggests that he was in reality because the old man doesn't go into dreams(although he still could have been a projection).

Wikipedia quotes Nolan as saying "I put that cut there at the end, imposing an ambiguity from outside the film. That always felt the right ending to me â€" it always felt like the appropriate 'kick' to me… The real point of the scene â€" and this is what I tell people â€" is that Cobb isn't looking at the top. He's looking at his kids. He's left it behind. That's the emotional significance of the thing."

but there are other things that suggest he was dreaming for pretty much the second half of the movie. I didn't rewatch to check these theories, but someone mentioned that in his memory of his house and the time he left his kids there were art supplies on the table and in the end of the movie those same supplies were in the same spot. And after he goes to the guy with the sedatives for the first time and goes under, he never again spins the top and see's it stop. He started to in the bathroom but got interupted. And he kept seeing glimpses of his kids and wife randomly.

sigh..I just hate not knowing! but i'm gonna go with he was in reality

I did watch the south park episode "Insheeption" afterwards and laughed my ass off :D
what's wrong with your teeth pal?

<geodude> FIFA 11 is gonna be a lot more fun playing as david bowie