WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

author=LockeZ
Eggbertx, the whole clowns and miracles thing from Homestuck is all a parody of ICP and its fans.

Ah, I should try reading that comic again, I didn't get very far because the beginning was boring, but I've met fans who will admit that they didn't like it until a little while in.
As of the other day, I know exactly the wrong thing to say on a coffee date. First off, I think she had issues to begin with. The place she suggested was frequented by her ex, who happened to walk by while we were there. Then she did this over dramatic "It is so awkward running to an ex..." to which I replied with a joke that I thought was funny, "I don't have that problem, for some reason all my exes seem to either move away or die in suspicious circumstances."

That provoked an (almost) literal "CHECK PLEASE!" event.

On the upside, I now have an exit strategy for bad dates in the future.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Eggbertx
author=LockeZ
Eggbertx, the whole clowns and miracles thing from Homestuck is all a parody of ICP and its fans.
Ah, I should try reading that comic again, I didn't get very far because the beginning was boring, but I've met fans who will admit that they didn't like it until a little while in.

Homestuck starts out kinda boring for the first little while, and then gets really cool for a really long time, and then eventually gets impossible to comprehend. So I guess in that way, it's kind of like Lost? Except with Lost, people were trying to figure it out, whereas with Homestuck, I'm pretty sure everyone is just like "God dammit, I used to be able to understand what was happening in this comic."

It's not that the plot points are terribly obscure or that things are left as mysteries for the reader to wonder about. It's just that there is too much time travel. There are at least four different major timelines (Earth, post-apocalyptic Earth, Alternia, and now apparently Earth-B), each of which has the ability to communicate with people from at least one of the other timelines in a nonlinear manner. So the trolls from Alternia can talk to the kids from Earth, at any point in the Earth timeline, at will. And as the story goes on there's rarely any indication of when on any of the timelines anything is occuring. And the storytelling isn't done in a linear manner even within any given timeline - once the time travel is in full swing, the narrative just jumps back and forth to random events in no particular order, and gives no particular indication that it's doing so. Also, one of the characters can literally time travel, and there are like twenty copies of him bouncing around for a while.

So basically I have long since stopped keeping track, and just try to enjoy the characters and the coolness factor. Which is basically no different from how I enjoyed the second half of Problem Sleuth, except that in Problem Sleuth the confusion was mostly caused by space rather than time.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Homestuck is frickin' awesome but most of its fanbase is the absolute opposite of Homestuck.

I used to think that the beginning was really boring when I first started reading it but later I think (almost) every part of the whole comic was awesome.
Hivebent chapters were a tad boring, I wasn't really fond of some of the trolls including Aradia, Feferi and Kanaya.

I also never bothered to read the Wayward Vagabond/post-apocalyptic Earth parts because they didn't really interest me at all. I also skipped the Midnight crew/agents crap.
A gallon (slight exaggeration) of eye-drops and multiple pricey check-up visits later, and my left eye is worthless.

I can't stop thinking about how much further ahead I would have been if I'd gone with my first instinct. All I would have needed for that would have been a bottle of Jack Daniels, an icepick and an eye patch.
author=Nightowl
Homestuck is frickin' awesome but most of its fanbase is the absolute opposite of Homestuck.

I used to think that the beginning was really boring when I first started reading it but later I think (almost) every part of the whole comic was awesome.
Hivebent chapters were a tad boring, I wasn't really fond of some of the trolls including Aradia, Feferi and Kanaya.

I also never bothered to read the Wayward Vagabond/post-apocalyptic Earth parts because they didn't really interest me at all. I also skipped the Midnight crew/agents crap.

I'm still trying to get through the beginning.

author=Killer Wolf
A gallon (slight exaggeration) of eye-drops and multiple pricey check-up visits later, and my left eye is worthless.

I can't stop thinking about how much further ahead I would have been if I'd gone with my first instinct. All I would have needed for that would have been a bottle of Jack Daniels, an icepick and an eye patch.

Ouch, sorry to hear. Is it completely blind? And the Jack Daniels and eye patch can still work.
My vision changes throughout the day. Sometimes I can see okay (not great) at distance, other times seeing anything with it that is further then about a foot and a half is like looking through a camera with a two inch coating of vaseline on the lens. My doctor doesn't recommend me trying to get glassed made yet, since my vision is constantly changing. During my last eye exam, my vision changed three times. Apparently, my eye figured it was a multiple choice test and went with "D, all of the above."
So, I just learned that "Hollywood" is on the works to rape my favorite book: 'The Never-ending Story', yet again... xP
they're making a remake? :O

the original neverending story was the shit, man.
author=alterego
So, I just learned that "Hollywood" is on the works to rape my favorite book: 'The Never-ending Story', yet again... xP

What do you mean yet again? I loved the movie as a kid
Hollywood: the REAL neverending story
I think they should do another remake of Footloose, except this time focus more on the debilitating effects of leprosy
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I just realized that for the first time in this almost-over semester, I'm writing an essay on a book, as opposed to a play or poem. EASIER CITATIONS GO

seriously, like five essays on not-books, the worst being Henry V where I'd have to cite lines (2670-2671, 2490) which is the ugliest citation ever
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Oh, so 1.5 hours of slee is not good enough fit
the original neverending story was the shit, man.

Well, yeah, the first movie wasn't so bad. Although I was very disappointed that it ended right before reaching my favorite part in the book...
But let's not forget the other two movies. (Yes, the were three) Those were atrocious! Hence my use of the word 'rape' =P
author=Dudesoft
Oh, so 1.5 hours of slee is not good enough fit

lol weak sauce, that's what i'm on right now

fml
Being on this forum will probably be a great help in improving my English writing skills.

And in procrastinating writing the documentation for my Software Architectures uni project.
You know, I never really understood how drunk people manage to post on internet forums. When I'm drunk I'm usually either outside or just thinking about managing to get to some horizontal sufficiently soft surface to pass out on.
author=Eggbertx
author=alterego

Aside from the three movies (first one was the best movie I remember seeing as a kid, along with Labyrinth. The third movie was just lame with that Free Willy actor) there was a four episode long movie remake, and it was a hellish nightmare. It seems there is also a tv series and a cartoon but I've never seen these.