WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Liberty
Or they may improve the scenes OR make better scenes to replace them.

Yeah, because that happens all the time when big companies remake stuff. Not.
Smartypants
My favorite scene was Tifa's tits.

Mine too.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Sated
I'm beginning to think that people who find that "Find The Panda" puzzle difficult are either too stupid to realise that pandas don't have carrots for noses, or too impatient to look at each figure one-by-one until they find the one that is obviously a panda.

To be fair, it's an incredibly minimalistic portrayal of a panda.

author=ChillyHooters
Smartypants
My favorite scene was Tifa's tits.
Mine too.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
EDIT: Can I not double-post when I'm editing, please? Thanks.
Just because you've been burned before doesn't mean the chances of a good change are impossible.

It literally took me less than 5 seconds to find the panda. Are people really that blind?
author=alterego
Yes, yes, I know this subject had blown over already. But I wanted to pitch in. Sue me. ;p

okay? but there's really nothing in that post that's breaking new ground. stirring up a finished conversation just to add another hypothetical 'well, what if this imaginary group I can say anything about does get offended?' to the pile just comes off as dense and self-indulgent.

e: also literally everything they've shown off so far looks good, so don't whip yourself into a frenzy just yet! people are going to immense lengths to jump the conclusion that there'll be, like, Save Aeris DLC for fifteen dollars or whatever, and it's the most ridiculously manufactured sort of pessimism I've seen in a while.

e²: like, if you had told me a year ago that FF7 would be getting a remake, and also that hardcore gamers actually hate the idea because they're worried the devs would make it less janky, I'd have called you a liar.
This is kind of what I was talking about. This "imaginary group I can say anything about" is no more imaginary that the "reactionary dude-bros with store-bought opinions" that you always keep going on and on about. Like, most of us understand that there's people with legitimate criticism out there. But there's also those who take it too far. This is why we often try to make it clear that we only have a bone to pick with the later group. Your insistence, however, that anyone who has anything to say on the matter is just beating on a straw-man, is telling that you're not as willing to acknowledge this kind of distinction... Dense and self-indulgent you say? My thoughts exactly.

author=Sated
I'm beginning to think that people who find that "Find The Panda" puzzle difficult are either too stupid to realise that pandas don't have carrots for noses, or too impatient to look at each figure one-by-one until they find the one that is obviously a panda.

My first reaction was: "Oh! It's a trick. People can't find the panda because there is no panda!" ...Then I saw the panda. :P
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Guys guys this argument already ended. There was a group hug. It is illegal to continue an argument after a group hug.

Look I don't make the laws I just enforce them.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=Sated

I found the panda after about 30 seconds of casual searching. Do people actually have trouble with this? I'm thinking it must be psychological. It's set up as 'nobody can find this damn panda' so you assume it must be hidden somehow when its not.
e: whoops

I just wanna preserve my request that if people say they're really just arguing against vaguely-defined extremists, maybe they should wait until people like that actually show up before making noise about them. as is, it just looks like a way of going 'no, uh, I mean THOSE people, over THERE' to save face.

there is a difference between arguing against behaviour people are demonstrating right in front of you, and saying 'well someone will probably be offended about this somewhere and I'm mad about it'.
they're literally making ff15 alongside this, and releasing in chapters to reduce the amount of time and capital that they have to invest at once. it's useless to speculate about what else they could be doing with whatever resources are going into the remake unless you're directing the project yourself.

also, by all indications it's gonna be pretty damn new!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
straw-feminists-in-the-closet.png

i just want ffxiv to have staff and money

oh my god this is embarrassing
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Sated

And there's actually a full article discussing how "difficult" it is. Couldn't help but notice that the article was closed for comments.

Everyone
FFVII blah-blah-blah

Seems to be an awful lot of unnecessary grief over this. A lot of the argument I'm hearing is why I would have preferred a special edition remaster. You know, like they did with Final Fantasy's 5 and 6 for the PSOne; Final Fantasy Anthology.

Well, they're making a remake, I'm going to buy it, and I may even preorder it. Since my expectations are rarely high these days, I'm probably going to like it. If I have a problem with it, I've still got the original.

mawk
oh my god this is embarrassing

dafuq?
they just used ctrl+f (or a conditional branch) to replace 'his' with 'hers' and left it at that, is what I'm laughing about there

e: a special edition remaster would be okay, I guess, but honestly I find the janky-looking ancient cgi backgrounds charming? if you're gonna give me something authentic to the original, the awful graphics are actually a big part of that for me.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I don't see how they could have made that mistake, seeing the word "her" is much more common than the word "hers".
the main thing is that for the cases where you'd use 'his' as a possessive, either 'her' or 'hers' would apply depending on the context

'it's his apple' = 'it's her apple'
'the apple is his' = 'the apple is hers'

so either way you'd need to show a little more care than this
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
That's true, but the former form is more common than the latter, so I would have expected the mistake to be the other way around.