WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=kentona
that's why there is a push to normalize it; that way homo-relationships can be viewed as mundane and boring and unfulfulling as hetero-relationships.
Ah, the true gay agenda is revealed at last.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=kentona
that's why there is a push to normalize it; that way homo-relationships can be viewed as mundane and boring and unfulfulling as hetero-relationships.

Bingo! Ideally it would be mostly-boring minutiae.

Kentona, have I told you how much I like your avatar? I like it. It's good.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'd like to imagine it could be as simple as going through the entire game like a normal game and then having the two standing on a cliff watching the sun set (or having any reflective moment for that matter) when one of them reaches out and grabs the others hand before sliding in a couple of pixels (I'm thinking in RPG Maker here) and that'd be it. You don't have to tell the audience "oh hey, by the way, they're totally gay" - which seems to be the big point of contention - and just let it be.

My game got more flak than that for simply explaining how a dragon-man came to be. Like, you've already been playing as him for, like, upwards to an hour and you think he's totally a cool guy, but the circumstances of his birth disgust you? Srs? "You shouldn't have ever been born, cool guy." I suppose now you're going to dictate which consenting adults he can and can't fall in love with... oh wait.

Spoiler:
Mystic Dawn
Feline Sovereign:
A dragon was the love of my life and the father of
my child; and you owe him everything,
"hero".
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
On one hand, I'd agree that a lot of games with queer characters make it so blatant and obnoxious that it's annoying to me, a queer person, even if it is ~representation~ (as opposed to actual representation without sarcasm tildes). On the other hand, outright hiding it or saving it for a Samus moment isn't always helpful either. Like, we don't need to hide our gays? I mean that moment does sound cute, I'll admit, but I don't think every story needs to be that way. A healthy mix would be nice... just plain more would be nice.

on a lighter note, i just finished reading Out of Nowhere by Maria Padian with my students and i'm glad how well it went over, even among the kids that sometimes spout racist bullshit. it's about the somali immigrants in maine, and the reaction to them by rural mainers, so... yeah, i was a little worried. i also highly recommend it if you're into YA lit and racial matters. the ending was a bit annoying imo, but the rest of the narrative makes up for it.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Ratty524
Penises.

and vaginas

though not at the same time
author=Corfaisus
author=Ratty524
Penises.
and vaginas

though not at the same time

what about two of each??
i had a nightmare where Liberty had more makerscore than me.

significantly more.
Corfaisus
author=kentona

significantly more.

That's so wild because last night I had a dream that fearful had changed their name to Younger Monkey and had a soundbite that played in their massive new profile that was BizarreMonkey talking about how he's returned and how he played us all for fools. This profile also had video clips of government conspiracies like RMN had become a new Youtube.

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
If gamedevs really want to take the realism route they should make games about lonely twenty-somethings who've never experienced reciprocated love, let alone that of the homosexual variety
author=Corfaisus
That's so wild because last night I had a dream...

this is bad, very bad. it must be a sign.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
BizarreMonkey was a nutjob, is that thing still around?
author=Yellow Magic
If gamedevs really want to take the realism route they should make games about lonely twenty-somethings who've never experienced reciprocated love, let alone that of the homosexual variety

all of my mathematical theories on reality point to Radio the Universe.
(upon release we can then more clearly see where my theories stand, but we will cross that bridge when it comes)
author=InfectionFiles
BizarreMonkey was a nutjob, is that thing still around?

i think Corfaisus fears that i am their reincarnation. the same patterns, repeat.

time, is cylindrical

i, am (not)biazzaremonkey, in another form...
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I was only joking, the Screenshot topic would be spammed with his crap if he were around.

Though I do believe fearful has many faces...
BizzareMonkey!

One Cell. United. Not split; whole.
Activate the final Keys in the DNA; they will be obvious.
The entire strand shall unravel and dissolve into 4 basic amino-acids.
There shall be light.
This is THE BORNLESS ONE.

BizzareMonkey! I summon thy vengeful god!!!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Yellow Magic

*bro hug*

This sentence rang so close to home that my heart broke.
author=kentona

significantly more.

I am catching up~ :DDD
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Kentona, you know you can just give yourself an extra 1 million makerscore, right?
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=LockeZ
Kentona, you know you can just give yourself an extra 1 million makerscore, right?

We'd notice that, though. You gotta play the long game.

Twenty makerscore here, a hundred there... Over the course of a couple years, who's gonna know? It's not like anyone is gonna do the math.