WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs

I just feel like posting this.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
That's glorious.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Toad's got a hungry groin.

author=iddalai
It just hit me we're replying to a thread started by someone no longer here :/

It's okay, Yummy Drumsticks was kind of a dick later in life, hence why you won't find any of her stuff here, such as "Eyes Without A Face"; just had to go off and DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING after the last great dramafest she took part in (even her Youtube videos, so it wasn't just here).
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Thinking about how I enjoy playing genuinely bad RM games way longer than when compared to the good ones.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Do you enjoy mocking them, or do you enjoy complaining, or do you enjoy the anticipation of hoping they'll get better? Or something else?
Mirak
I enjoy games made by begginner devs who start out making a disaster that is composed of 99% heart and 1% technical prowess. There's something charming about someone wanting to tell a story without having lots of experience in the field. I don't really enjoy mocking them because i started out making putrid shit too and know what it feels like to be harshly shot down. I do enjoy thoroughly mocking bad games made with ill intentions or who got the "fuck it" treatment on them though because they're just being rude to people.

Good hearted bad games don't come with the standards experienced, professional games have. When playing a serious game you have to take into consideration the quality of everything, graphic assets, music compositions, gameplay elements, pacing, etc. Because they're contributing to a story that wants to be taken seriously. It's more difficult to properly enjoy them because they have the intention of being good, and so when you do find a flaw in one of these games, the joy factor suffers a hit and you just can't enjoy it as much, you're left with a feeling of dissatisfaction.

Playing bad or begginner games don't have this sort of aprehension on them since you come to terms with the fact that the game is pretty shoddy right off the bat, so there's no pressure to appreciate the finer details and you can just shut off your brain and try to decipher the message the author wanted to convey, however dumb it is.

At least that's how i see it.
author=iddalai
Man, you really got to be careful with what words you use in 2016.
:P I didn't think anyone really felt that way, I just thought the clarification should've been there because the conversation looked a bit strange from an outsider's point of view. XD
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Well this is an incredibly shitty thing to do. From here on out, about half the people who are told these things are actually happening won't believe it. Next we're going to hear about all these "professional victims" and the whole thing will have been for squat.
author=Mirak
I enjoy games made by begginner devs who start out making a disaster that is composed of 99% heart and 1% technical prowess. There's something charming about someone wanting to tell a story without having lots of experience in the field. I don't really enjoy mocking them because i started out making putrid shit too and know what it feels like to be harshly shot down. I do enjoy thoroughly mocking bad games made with ill intentions or who got the "fuck it" treatment on them though because they're just being rude to people.
Everyone begins somewhere, yep. Some think they have already made it before even doing anything and then get pissed when somebody else gives them good to honest critique.

The worst are the ones who think there is nothing to pick on and it is the player/reader who is at fault for being dumb or "less intelligent".

I read quite a few webcomics and I tend to gravitate towards those authors who might not be super skilled, sure, but have a lot of honest heart and just want to have legit fun.

Also, I am not denying profit or money. Go ahead. Go professional. But have some transparency and self reflection dammit before you ask for money.

author=Aran
Prisoner of Azkaban PS2 was the shit.
I have played the first three HP games on PC.
I admit I do not care for HP but as games, I liked solving puzzles and collecting tons of stuff in secrets :D
Really cool!
Corfaisus
author=MadJak91
Some think they have already made it before even doing anything and then get pissed when somebody else gives them good to honest critique.

What's worse is when they feel they're an inspiration to someone and actually ask "what would happen to those people if I just went away?" Conceit is a dish best served sober.
What am I thinking about right now.....SEX No just kidding or am I?, I'm thinking about what I'm about to go find to eat lol. I also learned how to size the words now, if you couldn't tell.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Mirak
Thinking about how I enjoy playing genuinely bad RM games way longer than when compared to the good ones.

Actually, this is pretty common for me too. Sometimes I like playing games that are so terrible that it's funny. Twilight Oni would be a great example. It's really unintentionally funny :3 And sometimes I just like playing it so I can criticize everything(without being too harsh to the developers ofcourse)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=lonestarluigi
What am I thinking about right now.....SEX No just kidding or am I?, I'm thinking about what I'm about to go find to eat lol. I also learned how to size the words now, if you couldn't tell.

I found out i'm thinking about food all the time due to sexual frustration of mine. Sugar rules.
Hi, I'm an imaginary robot named Kagura.
Sup?
Android is a suitable term too.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
What about cyborg?
Oh. Well, we do think that's cool too.
I have nothing biological about me...

Maybe if we use our imaginations inside our imaginations. The possibilities are endless.
Mirak
Do you dream of electric sheep?
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Well, if you're going to name a robot Kagura, it should probably be called a gynoid, not an android.