MAFIA: WITCH HUNT GAME THREAD

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=chana
I agree that LockeZ is trying to sound very analytical, what I find more suspicious is the lack of any doubt while analyzing.

You don't pay much attention to me in the game design and theory forums do you
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
you're a dead man
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Here's my reasoning for agreeing to lynch Gourd yesterday, pasted from the other topic where I apparently posted it in the wrong place:

You'd think at the point where there are five people wanting to lynch you, you'd actually give specific details about who you are instead of just "I'm important, I swear!" I mean, the main reason to hide your role is so the witches don't decide you're too important and kill you for it. But certain death if you don't tell us obviously trumps that, and yet you continued to remain silent, thus proving to me that you didn't actually have a role at all and were actually a witch.

Oh well. That's my logic, but obviously there was a fault in it somewhere, since he wasn't a witch.

I'm a villager. My power is as a watcher - similar to a tracker, but instead of being told who my target visits, I'm told who visits my target.

On night 1, Despite was visited by Trihan and RabitZ. On night 2, chana was visited by nobody. If you would like me to watch a specific person tonight, I can. It's not a very useful power since I'm not told what anyone who visits you actually does, but given one night I can easily prove that this is my role.
Despite
If LockeZ telling the truth (something I find highly likely) at least Despite is innocent. Since he was visited at night by RabitZ (roleblocking, no point in roleblocking a fellow witch).

If my theory of there being one witch in the lynchmob before RabitZ is correct it's either chana or Happy. The last minute switch of Kyrsty could also be seen as suspicious "let's swing the votes in favour of killing off a guy."

Of course I was almost certain Despite was a witch and that Despite and chana played some kind of long con, both being witches. But I suppose chana is just too dumb for that :)

author=Zeuzio
RabitZ, the Seductress, has died night 2!

Everyone’s sort of glanced over this. But I find it interesting. There’s no way the independent is a killer role. Wouldn’t be balanced right. I’m worried we’ve got a trigger happy vigilante, and I’ve seen many games lose because of this. I know you’ve just saved us massively, so thanks. But please don’t shoot every single night, just because you can. Ta!

LockeZ, I have no reason to doubt that you are the Watcher, and I’m more than happy for you to watch me tonight *wink*. I’m wondering if you’re going to get killed though =(. At the very least we’ll get Despite as a confirmed villager.

Also, I’ll just outright say I’m suspicious of Chana the most. RabitZ didn’t really let off any clues to who he might be allied with, but he did highlight Despite, Arcan and Gourd, and then Chana just seemed to pick one of them and away the bandwagon went. I wouldn’t say it’s a solid reason, but it’s the only one I’ve got right now.
author=Little Wing Guy
But please don’t shoot every single night, just because you can. Ta!

Especially not tonight!

author=Zeuzio
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
If we lynch one today that's 6 left. If the witches kill one tonight that's 5. If the vigilante ALSO kills one tonight it's 4.

(and if we're wrong in all three)

With 4 the witches win.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@ LockeZ : I didn't mean in general, only here(the lack of doubt). I agree that LockeZ sounds convincing as a watcher, he's taking aé risk saying who was or not visited and, if lying, could fall wrong.
@Despite : I'm not a witch, but I don't see how saying this is going to take me or anyone very far...
Couldn't RabitZ visit a fellow witch? not that I particularly think Despite's a witch.
Remains Happy and LWG, the game explainer, who hasn't given the least hint that he could be a witch.
chana
Oh, and kyrsty and Shinan, who insists on insulting first Despite and me, then just me, whatever that could mean?
chana
Apparently nothing, in wich case I would definitely leave out Shinan as a witch, he's obviously much too stup... whatever to play any kind of game (in the sense of comedy : for Shinan). Actually if I had to make a blind guess, I would say Happy, but I guess I'm through making blind guesses.
Despite
author=Shinan
Of course I was almost certain Despite was a witch and that Despite and chana played some kind of long con

Oh she played my LONG con alright. All night long.
chana
author=Shinan
Of course I was almost certain Despite was a witch and that Despite and chana played some kind of long con

This came out actually very unexpectedly considering the same person had said this before:
"Of course this is all for nothing because it's Despite and chana we're talking about so there's no way they're working together."
chana
No, Happy, reconsidering, is a very bad pick, read all his posts, not the slightest indication that he would be a witch.
Current Vote Count:

LockeZ: 1 --- Despite

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. This day will end at 5:00PM PST on March 23rd.
LockeZ
author=LockeZ
OK, I officially don't trust chana either. That's not a satisfactory reason. If she's wrong and Gourd isn't a witch, I'm probably lynching her next.

author=rabitZ
Ok. After much thought, I have decided to

#lynch Gourd_Clae.

it is a definite risk, but he's getting very defensive, and I see a possibility of him being a witch. Also, I can't find anyone more suspicious to lynch right now.
and if we are mistaken (hope we are not), at least we'll have an idea on who to lynch next, as lockeZ said.

When combining the last sentence of this statement with the now known fact that rabitZ was a witch, I'm much more inclined to give chana the benefit of the doubt. Several people already were suspicious of her, at least two definitely wanting to lynch her, and then a witch fanned the flames; therefore I don't think she's a witch. It's not proof, but it's more evidence than I've got either way for most other people.

I'm changing my vote to #lynch sorcererssKyrsty mostly because she's been really quiet. Also because she changed her vote on day 2 from chana to gourd_clae for what she admitted in her own post was no other reason than bandwagonning to ensure someone got lynched.
chana
I find LockeZ argument concerning SorceressKyrsty quite valid : if the latter is a witch, i.e. knows who the villagers are, why not change from one villager to another, even on a whim, it's a win-win vote anyhow.
chana
I won't take my decision right now though, if only not to seem to be jumping on the first scapegoat possible to protect myself. Also I'm interested in what the others have to say, witch and villagers!
I'm inclined to believe that chana isn't a witch. Sticking to my theory that would mean Happy is a witch. Which I find not at all unreasonable. Of course it's a fifty fifty shot really.

#Lynch Happy
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Hey, I'm only quiet because I don't have much to say/I'm at school. If you pay attention to the forums I only post in a few topics, too.

Welp, like I said, what Despite says goes- and Gourd trying to claim innocence like he was seemed pretty suspicious anyway. If Gourd was a witch, then we would've been one up, right?
We're one up now with rabitz out of the game, and since he can role block they've lost a pretty important member. If we can play our cards right now we can flush out the rest of the witches and win :)

With how everything's going I don't really want to vote yet- or possibly not vote at all tonight. There seems to be equal suspicious all around the table.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
*suspicion. Fuck. I hate it when I do that ;3;