RMN V4.3 APPROACHES! COMMAND?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=flowerthief
Question/possible request:
If I give a user Developer status, will they be able to edit the project pages?

See Heir of the King. For some background information, the maker of the game put a bunch of people as developers for the project without their consent. In response, they just trolled the game page with random stuff. Blogs, messed up css, and whatever else was done that I didn't see. And, yes, I was put on the developer list for that game. Thankfully, I didn't see anything first-hand.
Ah, so it does work that way! Good to know.
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Subscribing to topics. That would make it so much easier than refreshing the forums page over and over again.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=Blobofgoo
Subscribing to topics.That would make it so much easier than refreshing the forums page over and over again.

Yeah!! That would be an amazing feature.
Is it possible to show followers name or avatar or both on the page of the project, like in deviant art ? I just like this feature to see who watch you, who came to see you and who're in your friend list (people you follow).

Also that's your lastest screenshots that appear in the page of the project unless you choose which one specially

Example: http://chaoss17.deviantart.com/

Sorry for my bad english and these are just ideas.
Can we have a jump to last read in the forums. Some topics like the mafia ones o by so fast that it can cover over 5 pages a day. Then you have to search where you last read...

Please?
Request : A minimum character count on blogs.

The Latest Blogs category is worthless because the good, informative blogs are buried with all the "New demo cuz I recolored a NPC" slop.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Thank you

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's worthless but some quality control would certainly be nice regarding blogs at www.heartache101.net. Man, where's that old debate we had about blogs when you need it.

Also irratating: machine gun blogging.
http://rpgmaker.net/blogs/

Heartache 101 doesn't even appear on the first page. The game is buzzing because it generates actual discussion. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.
how about a feature that allowed people to rate a certain game without making a review. and that way if a game have higher rating and active game it can be ended up in a buzzing game section instead of 1 person comment and it will end up in the buzzing game section. or make a separate section called "highly rated game" and if a game have a highest rating and it very active post and comment, download, etc... it would end up there.
my other suggestion is how about put a leveling and achievement system if a person reached a certain makerpoint
ex.
if a person reached 400 maker point he/she will raised to level 3 and got an achievement.
this is just my suggestions.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Don't feel sorry, the buzzing system still needs to be tweaked in the sense that you can have a couple of people passing the ball back and forth to constantly bring the same games on the front page. I'll demonstrate this abuse shortly with a couple of buddies..

Tweaked in what sense?
author=Creation
Don't feel sorry, the buzzing system still needs to be tweaked in the sense that you can have a couple of people passing the ball back and forth to constantly bring the same games on the front page. I'll demonstrate this abuse shortly with a couple of buddies..

I don't know, it's been ages since I've seen anyone intentionally hog the buzzing games spot. I always see different games there now. I don't think comments add all that much to the buzz score, I think it's downloads and new subscribers (which aren’t that easy to abuse) that do it.
author=ankylo
Heartache 101 doesn't even appear on the first page. The game is buzzing because it generates actual discussion. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.

I don't think Creation was talking exclusively about blogs but more like in a general sense regarding "quality control". Heartache 101 doesn't always generates "actual discussion", half of the time is just casual conversation between the same handful of users. Besides, due to the nature of the game even some of the legitimate discussion seem utterly masturbatory superfluous. I mean, it's mostly talk about imaginary animu girlfriends... but that's besides the point.

The thing is... Remember when Heartache 101 was every week on the front page in the 'Latest download' section? Well, apparently that got fixed and they could no longer exploit that. But with the buzzing mechanic in place they started pumping "actual discussion" in that 'Custom Content' tab of theirs generating loads of artificial buzz on a regular basis. That tab alone was like a bazillion pages long until recently when it got axed in favor of two other different tabs...

Now, I can't prove if any of this was intentional. This is mostly just speculation on my part. But I find it very suspicious and it wouldn't surprise me if there is in fact even the slightest intent to 'game the system' coming from them. Not really unlike to those people who blog a lot or post tons of images of their games in hopes to catch some attention... A stricter "quality control" around these parts should come in handy to discourage all those kinds of dubious behaviors.
If it's a system to prevent gaming the system, then it wouldn't be quality control. The quality isn't the issue, it's the frequency. Quality control would suggest denying something because it doesn't look "good" enough. To prevent any gaming of the system, all it takes is mods giving warnings/bans. That's better than putting strict rules on what can be submitted. Even if some of the "bad" games aren't "hogging" space, I don't think that alone would elevate the "good" games to the top. They will always get pushed down by new content, probably just not as fast.

I think the buzzing section is working out pretty well. Especially lately, it's usually different games up there.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
There is always the option to ignore those blogs. Like mentally not give a shit about the blogs. I have never seen 3+ blogs in a row or anything crazy like that. While there are blogs that are plain useless, some aren't as bad as you make them out to be!
Also, we could just get rid of them, I mean a lot of blogs don't get any posts on them and the semi-popular and up blogs get posts.
author=Adon237
There is always the option to ignore those blogs. Like mentally not give a shit about the blogs. I have never seen 3+ blogs in a row or anything crazy like that. While there are blogs that are plain useless, some aren't as bad as you make them out to be!

Well, you have to open them to see if they're junk blogs or not. Yeah, it's just a couple of extra clicks and loaded pages, but really now : If you want to say "fixed a bug", you can just put it in the gamepage comments.
It's a matter of people who put time and effort into a well-composed blog getting bumped off the page by bug fixes and recolors.
author=Link_2112
...I don't think that alone would elevate the "good" games ...They will always get pushed down by new content, probably just not as fast.

Well, yeah, but that's pretty good already... During the time my game was featured on the front page both my page views and subscribers practically doubled. This may have been due a number of factors, but however you look at it I think that states the importance of 'front page time'. The front page in itself has stopped being an issue ever since rmn V.4 kicked in; there's always something interesting on it. However, if only we could weed out the offending blogs, screens, etc... the good ones would only gain relevancy.

author=Adon237
LEAVE BRITNEY SPEARS THE BLOGS ALONE!!!1

Don't be silly, Adon, ignoring a problem is not a solution. You're just too happy to trade the little comfort of not having to listen to people "whining" about it over the implications of letting others do whatever they want while you look the other way. But I guess I can't blame you for wanting to take the easy way out. Who cares about the front page anyway? Who reads blogs or reviews? Who gives thoughtful feedback about anything, ever? Pfft! Nobodies, that's who... It's all about chilling out playing mafia games these days.

Edit: You're right in a way, Gourd, but still... Well, I guess it's only fair if I take some heat for that. xP
That's really uncalled for Alterego. Adon isn't even playing the mafia games and this month has had a very large amount of reviews and, last month, game downloads submitted. I believe the largest influx of reviews this month.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The idea of having multiple custom content tabs for Heartache 101 was, I believe, to give potential players an easier way to find whatever information they would want to find about custom content. I don't believe that there has been too much superfluous conversation since the split. However, being involved in those conversations, I tend to see myself as "part of the problem".