[RM2K3] BATTLE ANIMATIONS

Pages: 1
Hi, I've been wonder and trying to see if I can have a battle animation appear when a monster dies.

Atm, I think when you have one monster on battle it will work, but I tried with 3 monsters on battle and when the one died, everytime a monster or character took a turn, the battle animation for the dead monster kept replaying.. I was looking for an erase event so the battle animation would only show ONCe when it's hp is 0 , but I can't seem to figure out how to only have it happen once..

Any help much appreciated.

Also was wondering if anyone knew how to make specific "hurt" noises for each character in your party happen when they get hit.
Hmm, I can't exactly remember what I did to make my bosses die specifically, but If I remember, I made a show picture animation in battles using a patch which Cherry made.

Though you can use your method, but you may have to set that animation or "dead monster" to a variable or switch. So for example, Monster A dies;

Switch Oper:001 "Monster Dead" ON

So when that switch is on, make another conditional branch in the battle page and make it so if 001 "Monster Dead" is ON, play the battle animation, and then switch the switch off. But the you'd probably have to "initialize" all the switches at the start of battle. I'll have to do some testing later.

To make "hurt" animations for characters, that's a different story. I found 2k3's default animations tab rather lacking, I decided to turn my characters into battle animation sheets and use those instead. With the characters poses and stuff all set to battle animations, it allows you to customize a bit more instead of being limited to three frames. Though using battle animations is trickier and takes a bit of positioning.

I mostly decided to do this because I wanted my characters to do things while in their idle stance apart from bopping up and down, as well as combo hit animations which may require different poses. You make all the animations you want for characters in the animations tab (I'd recommend dividing them into specific sections)and naming them respectively.

Basically, get all the sprites for your "hurt" animation from the battle sprite sheet, and make an animation sheet. Then like any other animation, add sounds and a flash at the moment of impact.

I found this the easiest work around. Because there is no way to "detect" whom has been hit and which sound to play in RPG Maker without lines of code.
Will go ahead and play with some of these things to test out how well it works.
Thanks for your input! If you find out anything, please do contribute to the thread.

As for the "Hurt" animations, I was asking if I could make different voices doing the hurt sound based on which character is hit. Not how to change the animation.

Though I am interested in how you can make a battle animation into the battler. Do you have it forever looping..
hmm, do you have any projects of interest where I can take a look at how this works ? Would be interesting !
I would give you a sample of my old project I used to work with before moving to ace, but luck be have it, my PC recently crashed again, so I'm not too sure if the data can be restored.

Yes, you have to use battle animation sheets instead of battler sheets. You create the animation of said pose in the animations tab, and then in the battler animations tab, instead of choosing from a battler sheet, you choose from the battle animations tab.

This method allows you to add voices into the animations because of the ability to do so in the animation creator tab. This lets you "assign" a voice to said animation, and then add that animation to said character pose respectively.

Say if I want to make a character say something when they die, instead of using the "ko" animation from the battler sheet, I would rather convert the battler sheet into an "animation" sheet, create the "death" animation in the animations tab, and simply add that "ko" pose there, accompanied with a sound like "I'm sorry..."

Ah, yes, as long as there are no blank frames in the animation, rpg maker automatically makes it loop. So you can make it 3 frames long. As long as those 3 frames are filled in the battle amimation frame, it will loop perfectly over and over, just like a battle sprite sheet.
Aww shucks . It would have been sweet , I bet, to play something you made.
You seem to know a lot!

And I would have never thought of setting battlers to battle animations.. ahaha. but it's genius !

Does that theoretically mean the battlers for your party can be taller/larger ?
And it can only be three frames ?
Haha, It's what I learned from several countless days of trial and error when I had questions people couldn't answer!

Yes, they can be larger which breaks the limit per frame for battler sheets. And it can be anywhere from 1 to 9999 frames long! Rpg maker takes the amount of frames in the animation created for a battler, its size, and converts it to a pose for a battler along with any sound, and makes it automatically loop. This is the best method if you want something like giant summons in your party, or varied poses that are bigger and have more than 3 frames. It tackles a lot of limitations that battler sheets are set to. Though using battle animations is a bit more time consuming, it adds way more customization to your battlers!

It's looking really awesome ! Thank you for pointing out that you can use battle animations as battlers. This is really cool.

Now the only thing that may clash is the battle may feel cluttered if everyone is tall and yeah..

btw, I still can't figure out how to stop that battle animation from stopping after the monster dies.. My mind is going crazy ! It either still loops after the monster dies or it doesn't get triggered at all.
Pages: 1