WRECK IT RALPH - NEW DISNEY MOVIE! ...ABOUT A VIDEO-GAME CHARACTER?

Pages: first 12 next last
Just discovered this while watching videos on the Escapist :

Seems like a pretty sweet movie for a gamer like me!

And it's also interesting, because "non-gamers" won't understand some of the cameos/references.

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
This would be awesome if Ralph was VX RTP Ralph.

It's going to be awesome anyway, but y'know what I mean.
I probably won't be around when it releases, on account of being dead from excitement and hype and all. I mean, good lord it looks awesome!
This is a really cool idea. Kind of like a Roger Rabit only for videogame characers. Only Disney could get the rights to use all of those characters, lmao.
I read everybody's posts before playing the video, and was thinking "What gives, people? For the last decade, Disney's been either ripping off Pixar or just being outright ass. This can't possibly be any good."
Then I watched it x)

Also, Zangief isn't a bad guy >:(
It seems like it might be interesting. I'm just hoping there will be a lot of other cameos from real games!
I saw a brief clip of this on tv but didn't know what it was. I saw zangeif and others(i forget who) sitting in chairs like some AA meeting. I'd watch this for sure. It's not cool enough to get me into a theater though, eff that action.
I'm going to see it for the cameos. No lie. I don't doubt I'll end up liking it because I may find it genuinely enjoyable, though.
Definitely going on my "must watch" list. Heck, if they can do this, there should be no reason they haven't done a Kingdom Hearts movie yet.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I am so going to see this twenty times.
author=Trihan
I am so going to see this twenty times.

I ditto this most wholeheartedly.
I worry that it is just going to be a lol-reference! movie, but I still have faith in Pixar (even after Cars 2), so here's hoping it's decent!
it's not pixar, it's just disney
Lasserter is Pixar in my mind, dammit
My jaw dropped when I saw Eggman, Bowser, and the ghost. By god, this looks awesome. May be a great time for movies based off games when this comes out! YES!
I can't wait.
It's the only movie based off of games that will be any good because unlike all the other movies, it's an original story about an original character and don't have a single set universe they are limited to.

I will shut up about that once I actually see a good video game movie though.
author=kentona
I worry that it is just going to be a lol-reference! movie, but I still have faith in Pixar (even after Cars 2), so here's hoping it's decent!

It certainly looks that way from the trailer, but I'm hoping that's just an advertising ploy to get bums in seats.

If it is, though, I will be entirely unsurprised and will instead look forward to whatever Pixar is putting out next instead. OTL
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This isn't a Pixar film, guys. It's Disney. There's a difference.
It still looks good though.
author=Dudesoft
This isn't a Pixar film, guys. It's Disney. There's a difference.
It still looks good though.

Oh, I know that. I just have faith in Disney to make something good after The Princess and the Frog and Tangled.
However, I'm half expecting my faith to be misplaced, and will, as I said, go back to following Pixar with fanatical loyalty.
Pages: first 12 next last