OLYMPICS 2012

Pages: first prev 123 last
I'm kind of surprised Canada is doing that well. I'm american, but I like Canada. I really thought they would do better.
I've discovered that I'm kind of a major Olympics junkie... I've been glued to my phone and tv whenever I have spare time since they've started.

Missy Franklin was great, a total rising star. I hope she keeps it up and we get to see her pull another sweep in four years.

I had a blast watching Williams vs. Sharapova too, that was a slaughter. It might be an odd thing to notice but Serena Williams has great body language on the court - like, super commanding and imposing. She and her sister are fun to watch.

Did anyone catch the water polo game today, I think it was Russia vs. Hungary? I could barely watch the match because the coaches were so hilarious. If you've seen it, you probably know what I mean... one of them looked like a really sweaty, angry Tony Soprano (so basically a normal Tony Soprano) and the other was indescribable, really.
author=tea
I've discovered that I'm kind of a major Olympics junkie... I've been glued to my phone and tv whenever I have spare time since they've started.

Missy Franklin was great, a total rising star. I hope she keeps it up and we get to see her pull another sweep in four years.

I had a blast watching Williams vs. Sharapova too, that was a slaughter. It might be an odd thing to notice but Serena Williams has great body language on the court - like, super commanding and imposing. She and her sister are fun to watch.

Did anyone catch the water polo game today, I think it was Russia vs. Hungary? I could barely watch the match because the coaches were so hilarious. If you've seen it, you probably know what I mean... one of them looked like a really sweaty, angry Tony Soprano (so basically a normal Tony Soprano) and the other was indescribable, really.

Im a huge fan as well, my main focus is Basketball. Quite a few teams look to be good this time around.
i'm blown away that no one has mentioned the 100m finals race between Usain Bolt (fastest man on earth) and the man who beat him during tryouts.

i was in Toronto just a few hours ago, and they were broadcasting it live in the Eaton Centre mall. They had TVs all over the mall, and there were so many mobs that security had to push people back.
When the race was over, people started screaming and "ooooo-ing". Then there were shoppers running out of the stores everywhere, o__o even out of the lower and upper floors. It was incredible and unreal to watch.
AALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I love her.
author=Magical_RuNE_Knight200
i'm blown away that no one has mentioned the 100m finals race between Usain Bolt (fastest man on earth) and the man who beat him during tryouts.

I'm not at all surprised. Bolt's saving the best for last :)

I'm definitely happy for him and Jamaica, though, even though he didn't beat his world record. But it's still a monster record, and he did beat his Olympic record.
author=Magical_RuNE_Knight200

i was in Toronto just a few hours ago, and they were broadcasting it live in the Eaton Centre mall. They had TVs all over the mall, and there were so many mobs that security had to push people back.
When the race was over, people started screaming and "ooooo-ing". Then there were shoppers running out of the stores everywhere, o__o even out of the lower and upper floors. It was incredible and unreal to watch.

Hah, I'm not surprise they reacted that way. The Track & Field events are always just amazing to watch. During all of the swim finals that Missy Franklin and Michael Phelps participated in, my roommate and I could even hear our neighbors through the wall cheering too.
Poor modern olympic athletes.
Athletes from yesteryear would return home as heroes or zeroes. They didn't get turned into Godzillas and Gokus.
So I watched a grand total of about one hour of the actual events this year, but I watched all of the closing ceremonies. I was really quite impressed with the show they put on. I didn't know many of the performers aside from the Spice Girls (lol), Eric Idle, and The Who.

Even though I don't like them or their music, kudos to the Spice Girls for getting together to perform like that. Eric Idle was also really fun to watch and he worked the crowd so well. Everyone will always love Monty Python. The Who was okay, I'm not a big fan of them and was actually more impressed with the fireworks and light show that coincided with their performance.

I'm actually really surprised that they didn't have someone like Coldplay perform for the closing ceremonies since they're easily one of the biggest bands in the world at the moment.

The only events I watched were on Saturday, the day before the Olympics ended. I was pleasantly surprised to be watching when Canada was taking part in a relay race, and I was really happy to see them win third. I was then equally sad to see it snatched away from them. I felt really awful watching those big grown men sitting on the ground crying over having bronze taken away. That was heartbreaking stuff.
*sniff*

The Olympics are over for another four more years... (2 if you're counting Summer to Winter) I guess it's back to waiting to see if there's gonna be another "NHL Season" coming up soon (Gary? Get your ass back in gear. I don't wanna sit around another holiday season and watch Kobe and Bron-Bron on the court -- but then again...).

Despite all the strange stuff that happened in the course of the last two weeks, London did a pretty damn good job setting this whole thing up. Actually (since I'm from Vancouver), I thought they did a much better job at the Closing & Opening ceremonies than we did. Kudos, guys. Kudos.

Congratulations to all the Olympic Athletes who performed at their very best. You've done us all proud. :D
I think I watched the Olympics mainly for swimming and athletics. This year's athletics, in particular, have just been pure awesomeness :) You just have to watch it to understand.
author=Kitsilano_Cookie
The Olympics are over for another four more years... (2 if you're counting Summer to Winter)

Well, about a year and a half in total, isn't it? Regardless, I like the Winter Olympics A LOT more and actually watch them because the events are a lot more interesting in my opinion. Really can't wait for them.
Pages: first prev 123 last