MINIMAP IN RPG MAKER 2K3

Pages: 1
Hi, Im making a minimap system for rpg maker 2k3
if someone need info about how make this or something we can talk about.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I thought you were asking how to make that.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
You should write up a tutorial and submit it to the site along with that video.
author=Tau
You should write up a tutorial and submit it to the site along with that video.

^Definitely. That system looks really fantastic, although a tutorial would be great. I'd like to see how you programmed it, if it's worth the work XD If you write a tutorial, I'd be happy to help/proofread it :)
Ok, I have made the tuto, I have submited em here, so its Pending status now

PD: link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22524283/minimap.txt
Oooooh...this looks like something I'd like to use~ I'm wondering if this couldn't be used in conjunction with other things, like say whether or not you have a specific character in your party or if that character is the lead sprite or whatnot...hmmmm....

So this tool you used to convert the map to .BMP, does it convert the map file ITSELF into BMP, or do you have to make the map in another program or...??? I'm not quite sure I understand that bit @_@;;
Would soomeone be able to help gadesx rewrite the instructions in a more understandable format?
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I am working on it right now~ though if somebody else does one, it would probably be better to ignore mine.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
I'm working on documenting a DynRPG plugin I wrote to do this.

It uses terrain data, which means minimaps are dynamically generated, and can be resized (up to 200x200px) at runtime. Plus there's a neat little alpha effect when you explore new areas of the map.

I hope to release it soon!

Thinking on it, would it be possible to do something with the minimap similar to FFIV DS, where if you 100% explored the map, you would get an item or something? Sounds like it could be used for little things like that and would encourage exploring more too.
author=Xenomic
Oooooh...this looks like something I'd like to use~ I'm wondering if this couldn't be used in conjunction with other things, like say whether or not you have a specific character in your party or if that character is the lead sprite or whatnot...hmmmm....

Yes, actually the pointer are for the main chara, but you can use more pointer for other characters, npcs, etc

author=Xenomic
So this tool you used to convert the map to .BMP, does it convert the map file ITSELF into BMP, or do you have to make the map in another program or...??? I'm not quite sure I understand that bit @_@;;

yes, the map itself to bmp

author=Xenomic
Thinking on it, would it be possible to do something with the minimap similar to FFIV DS, where if you 100% explored the map, you would get an item or something? Sounds like it could be used for little things like that and would encourage exploring more too.

Well, actually my engine its only for show all the map

author=dragonheartman
I'm working on documenting a DynRPG plugin I wrote to do this.

It uses terrain data, which means minimaps are dynamically generated, and can be resized (up to 200x200px) at runtime. Plus there's a neat little alpha effect when you explore new areas of the map.

I hope to release it soon!

Its look very nice, good work!
Pages: 1