CHANGING ACTORS BASED ON LEVEL [RPGMAKER VX ACE]

Pages: 1
Hello Community!

I'm currently working on a pokemon RPG and I was wondering if anyone knew how to change an actor based on their level after a battle?

Example:

Bulbasaur reaches level 18 and evolves into Ivysaur

Bulbasaur being (actor 1) becoming Ivysaur(actor 2) after acheiving that level after battle.

Thanks for all the help
You will be Credited
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Common event set on parallel process and conditional branches that checks levels?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm making/made a game that uses a common event that restores HP and MP after every battle. I use on-screen encounters to make it work, and those encounters are, themselves, common events. If a similar technique is used, it should be possible to switch party members after a battle, should they reach a certain level. I can't promise that the party member would retain the same party position, however.
Hmm... I looked into it quickly, but I found one big problem with the method rave suggested(which is btw, the same method I would suggest): I believe it's impossible to request the level of the first or second or third party member. You can only ask for the level of a certain partymember, not by the one who's currently on number one.

You need a bit of scripting for that one, Or you need to put a lot of work into it: Let the computer check for the levels of EVERY pokemon after each battle(a common event like suggested above works fine). If one of the pokemon hit their evolution level(Conditional Branch stuff), activate their evolution event.

Gonna be a hell of a work if you want a catchbased pokemon game, so good luck!
Marrend
Since this is in VX Ace, the way I envision this working is to make a Common Event to change the character's class, and change the name/graphic. Since the class holds all the pertinent information (stats, skills, features) for a character in VX Ace, then I think it's a reasonable thing to do. The Common Events to make this work would still take a while to code and test, but I think it's possible!
Thank you for all your help! I'm going to work around it and see if I can find something, you guys have really put me on the right path! If you know any scripter's looking for a challange please let me know!

@Marrend Im currently using a script that restores HP/MP after a level up. I tweaked it from its original source that lets you restore a certain amount after every battle. Do you want it?

@noicreC: I found a system that lets you catch enemies and then add them to your team. I decided to scrap it because like you said its a lot of work, especially for my one man team ha. It is out there however.

Thanks again for all the help
Marrend
A script that restores HP/MP after a level-up? That doesn't seem necessary, as I have a method which restores HP/MP after every battle. Thanks for the thought, though!
author=Rave
Common event set on parallel process and conditional branches that checks levels?

thanks that worked for me!
Pages: 1