KICKSTARTING A CURE FOR CANCER

Pages: first prev 12 last
I'm pleased at how few it is from this site who feel for this bullshit. Usually when someone posts bullshit, there's a load of people who swallows it, often even long after someone explained why it's bullshit.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I call bullshit as well.
We are a team of guerrilla
*cringe*

fundraisers who have launched a global campaign to fund research into a potential treatment for the cancer that killed

*gets slowly hopeful*

Steve Jobs.

No. No. No.... No.

Just....... no.

That first paragraph totally ruined the whole premise for me. Why would you even MENTION Steve Jobs. What is the relevance?
author=SummonOfYuna
Steve Jobs.
No. No. No.... No.

Just....... no.

That first paragraph totally ruined the whole premise for me. Why would you even MENTION Steve Jobs. What is the relevance?

Exactly. The moment I see multiple mentions of Steve Jobs, I was like, "Shouldn't this be about cancer and not Steve Jobs?" -.-
The boldness of their faces is almost laudable.
I feel sorry for the twit who donated $8000.
author=SummonOfYuna

The relevance is that this is a cure for the cancer that he had.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
So in the off chance that this is a legit cure and it gets fund-raised and whatnot...what do we do? We'll be the vanguard of the "these people DID NOT BELIEVE!" campaign! Will we be blacklisted from the cure?
I hate to say this about a topic made by someone who, judging by their avatar, is a fellow Umineko fan...however, this is quite obviously a con.

The sad thing is that a lot of people will almost certainly fall for it.
author=Drifloon
The sad thing is that a lot of people will almost certainly fall for it.

When posting this message, the number is 1150. They have so far $83,827. They will not reach the goal, but the campaign is set as flexible, so they will still get the money.
^
Brief summary for anybody who didn't read the full article.
The new treatment being researched by this scientist has some potential (most of them do, at first), but he gave the fundraising/advertising rights to a charlatan PR man who has no idea what he's doing besides recycling a pitch straight out of african queens who need to hide millions in your bank account.
The research itself is kind of an innocent victim, in that it may or may not be worthwhile to pursue, but it's fate is sealed by skepticism of the tacky selling line.

Although...
author=Deckiller
So in the off chance that this is a legit cure and it gets fund-raised and whatnot...what do we do? We'll be the vanguard of the "these people DID NOT BELIEVE!" campaign! Will we be blacklisted from the cure?

I would love to see "...except for those a**holes at RMN" in the medical reports.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
I'd kickstart a movement to lock this topic.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Depends. If people can dig for some substantial points of discussion, then we can keep it open. Right now it seems like everyone thinks it's a con. Anyone think otherwise?
even if it isn't a con it's a supremely retarded idea.
How naive must one be to buy into this?

This is quackery at best and a con at worst. Donate your money to legitimate charities and projects instead, please.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
kickstart my heart baby
Pages: first prev 12 last