PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS

The reason it's going unanswered is because it's an irrelevant question, harmonic. In my original response to that video, just as in Solitayre's response, the most relevant portion is that random MSNBC guest's statement (regardless of whether it was a joke or not) is not held by the Democratic party and the staggering majority of its members. So stop asking that question. It's a dumb question.

Yep, I happen to think (know) that a portion Democrats are okay with anti-white racism.

Sure you do. I also know a portion of Republicans who think Pamela Anderson should be a senator. It doesn't matter. There's almost always somebody who fits into an abnormal category.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=harmonic
Again, what do you mean by "joking"? Does your usage of the word "joking" imply that she's trying to be funny?

Yes. I think she was trying to be funny. This does not imply I think she was successful, or that her joke was in good taste or appropriate given the subject matter.

Yep, I happen to think a portion Democrats are okay with anti-white racism.

And I think a portion of Republicans are okay with racism against gays, blacks, arabs, etc! Both sides do and say dumb and stupid things! If you're trying to say no one here ever thinks a democrat has ever said or done anything stupid, no one here has ever claimed this. Except you.

slashphoenix
GODWIN'D

We almost made it nine pages, dude!
author=harmonic
author=ankylo
If you really think Obama has "done nothing" in the last four years, then you sir, are not living in reality.
...There is absolutely no substance to this statement.

Consult the multiple instances of others saying he's "done nothing."

If you were to say he's "done nothing to mend racial tensions" I would agree.

author=Jude
harmonic, it looks like that woman was trying to make a joke but needs work on her delivery. I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... ever, ever heard anybody assign eugenics to the pro-life agenda.

"Just kidding" has never been a valid excuse for bigotry. Oh, right, a Democrat said it so it's okay.

Solitayre and SFL are the only ones who have come up with valid counter arguments to me. The rest are just reaching in the dark. 'Lotta broken toothpicks around here. What's amazing is that you are all very much treating this like everyone versus Harmonic. I can handle it just fine, it's just that you're disagreeing with each other quite a bit, and I'm the only person anyone's directly addressing. Scared to lose the overwhelming "safety in numbers" advantage?

So, if I can name *one* thing Obama has done in the last four years, then my statement will have substance?

Ok. 15 pages of things Obama did.

Wait...wait...let me guess, 15 pages isn't enough...ok...60 pages of legislation signed.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=ankylo
pointless drivel

It is going to take far too much effort to get you up to speed with the rest of us. Sorry, I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand. You're just... so... so hopelessly off target here. Just... give up?

Hey Dem Squad: You are failing to realize how automatic and knee-jerk (and thus meaningless) your oppositions are to everything I think and say, (as well as half the country) and also how much you disagree with each other. But if you really think it takes all of you combined to take me on alone, that you have to twist each other's words in a positive light, ignore your own shortcomings, fail to call out your teammates' hypocrisy, (for instance, Ankylo directing his utterly useless comments to me when it was actually Dyhalto who said "done nothing") direct 100% of your comments only to me, and *still* you've come up with so very little, I am flattered.

Okay Ankylo, I'm going to help you out here, champ. I never said, simply, "done nothing." I said he's "done nothing to mend racial tensions" or I may have said "done nothing to help the economy" but I never said he's "done nothing." Others in this thread (on YOUR team) have actually said "done nothing" with no specification. This is WATERTIGHT proof that it doesn't matter what is said, only who says it. This is why our congress can't "compromise" and "reach across the isle." Because they're the leaders we the people elect, and they act, unfortunately, just like the rest of us. Partisanship >>>> reality.

This thread is overstaying its welcome. Latecomers have no context, but still want a shot at me, and thus say something moronic and pointless, like Ankylo.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I believe we have reached an impasse
I only directed comments at you because you're the only one who's frothing at the mouth and being silly, harmonic. You speak in nothing but hyperbole.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Jude
I only directed comments at you because you're the only one who's frothing at the mouth and being silly, harmonic. You speak in nothing but hyperbole.

Oh the delicious irony. Frothing at the mouth? I am enjoying the hell out of this. A legion of hive-minded partisan hacks versus one big bad Harmonic.

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I'll tell you what, I did learn a lot from the more informative posts in the topic. And, it got me to do some more research and I enjoyed it for the most part.

Anyway I'll be over here praying to the Loch Ness Monster or whatever it is us Democrats do
author=harmonic
A legion of hive-minded partisan hacks versus one big bad Harmonic.

You're throwing me into a category in which I don't belong again, harmonic. I am not partisan to the Democratic party. Stop being silly. Notice how I've never made any comments on your position or anybody else's--only the way you mis-label or mis-represent material. It creates discussion obstacles.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Damn I just realize we did almost make it nine pages. I'm embarrassed :P

Still I've been too busy setting up a circle of candles and incense around my copy of Dreams from my Father to notice. My life-size Obama simulacra is almost complete!
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=harmonic
She's not "joking". Even if she was trying to be funny, those words came from her brain, and her mouth. Derived from her thoughts and beliefs.

This is a fallacy. If I say "Everyone knows the moon landing was fake anyway!" in a sarcastic manner, this does not mean I actually think that the moon landing was fake, or that I do not know factually that it was real. slashphoenix saying he has an Obama simulacra in his room does not mean he actually has one, or even that he wants one!

And even if I do think the moon landing is fake, even if I expressed such an opinion, unambiguously, on a political news show, even if I say it was some kind of evil Republican plot, why would that mean any plurality of democrats also thinks this? Why does it mean the network I say it on is promoting this thinking?

This latest argument of yours just looks like stretching to me.

One (someone without a severe liberal bias) could search the internet for 5 minutes and come up with volumes upon volumes of examples.

You said "the party of tolerance (democrats) think whites are pro-life to build up the white race." This is what you said. You labeled the video as such. You made this assertion based on what one woman said. It doesn't matter how many examples of liberal racism you can find, the point is that your original assertion was absurd. And it still is.

None of us said there are no racist democrats. Nobody. Ever. You keep asserting that we're immune to the idea that democrats could ever do wrong, or that they ever think or say or believe stupid things. This has been the crux of your argument for the last page.

I am trying to help you realize your own double-standards. And it is a hopeless battle. Your brain is completely closed off to the idea that Democrats can do wrong.

But it's not true. None of us have taken this position. We have disagreed with you. This does not mean we must agree with every democrat ever. Disagreeing with you does not means we never disagree with democrats or acknowledge their failings. Again, fallacy. You're arguing with a position none of us have taken. The only person who has said these things is you.

If you look at what people were discussing before you came into the thread and started telling us what we thought, you'll see a lot of the discussion was about how dissatisfied they were with the current political system

I get mad at democrats all the time. I think that for the most part they are a very weak party who consistently fail to deliver the things their constituents voted for. Obama himself is guilty of this. No one in this thread has said that Obama is perfect, that he is superhuman, that he can do no wrong. Again, the only person asserting that anyone thought this was you.

Democrats aren't perfect, but the alternative is voting for Republicans who oppose many of the things I believe in! So yeah, I vote democrat. Guess this just makes me a tribalist though.

slashphoenix said upthread that the Republicans are a party of bigotry. I disagree that this holds true for their entire party. I agree there are subsets within this party that it does hold true for. I don't doubt there are subsets in the democratic party that prescribe to a different type of bigotry.

I agree that there is probably a pile of liberal racism on the internet should I choose to look for it. I'm sure there is also a pile of conservative racism, should I choose to look for it. Again, nobody said they doubted this. This does not mean that it necessarily reflects the ideology of either party.

We aren't arguing that these things aren't real, just that they aren't relevant.

Again, none of us have said there are no racist liberals. None of us have said that liberals or democrats are perfect or flawless or never make mistakes. None of us have said that. Disagreeing with you doesn't mean we think this. Do you acknowledge this?

You are failing to realize how automatic and knee-jerk (and thus meaningless) your oppositions are to everything I think and say, (as well as half the country) and also how much you disagree with each other.

Pointing out evidence to refute your opponent's arguments is not an automatic knee-jerk response. It is how political discourse takes place. One side makes an assertion, the other side agrees or refutes it. I disagreed with some of your positions and posted information on why I disagreed. If you're saying that I should just stop arguing with you and accept your position, well, that's not how politics works! Surely we agree on this?

I'd also point out that none of the information I've cited has been proven incorrect.

As for all us damn liberals disagreeing with each other, what does this have to do with anything? I disagree with almost everything slashphoenix said on the last page. No one said we had to agree on everything. Again, this is how politics works. This isn't some kind of anti-harmonic conspiracy.

I suspect the reason that many people are arguing with you is that when you come into a thread and make sweeping generalizations, tell people what their positions are, call people "tribalists" or "partisan hacks," you've already made certain that they don't want to agree with you and wish to prove you wrong.

But if you really think it takes all of you combined to take me on alone,

I don't think this. I doubt anyone does. Again, there's no conspiracy here. I don't know Jude or Dyhalto or slashphoenix from Adam.

As for "coming up with very little", I think I'll let the previous five or six pages speak for themselves.

Others in this thread (on YOUR team) have actually said "done nothing" with no specification. This is WATERTIGHT proof that it doesn't matter what is said, only who says it.

It's only "watertight" in so far as assuming that what one person says or does is indicative of what every single one of "us" thinks, which is an unfair assertion.

This is why our congress can't "compromise" and "reach across the isle." Because they're the leaders we the people elect, and they act, unfortunately, just like the rest of us. Partisanship >>>> reality.

I pretty much 100% agree with this.
author=ankylo
If you really think Obama has "done nothing" in the last four years, then you sir, are not living in reality.

Please.
Legislation slides across his desk and he signs it. He happened to be there during '08-12. If you want to talk history-making accomplishments, he has nothing to his name except maybe Obamacare which is, debatably, a tax hike and a bailout for the insurance companies.
The President of the United States should be held to a much higher standard than simply filling the position. He's the most powerful man in the world and should act like it.

author=harmonic
Hey Dem Squad

I hope you don't categorize me in this group.
I already stated my stance on page 5 (and previous pages, expressing my expectations of a moderate third party). The Reps are just a lot more fun to make fun of.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I really really just wanted an excuse to use the word simulacra. I heard it a few days ago and I fell in love.

Good topic people :) it got me to get off my ass and learn more stuff