VOICE ACTING IN RPG MAKER VX ACE?

Pages: 1
Hey there, so i wrote my story in RPG vx ace, but when i tested the game.. it just..
I didn't felt so great, i mean it didn't gave the feeling of happines, sadness... I don't know if you get it?

So im asking:
Is there a way to import voice acting to the text messages? either by script or event?
Here's a simple method that should work in theory.

1. Record all your voice files. For the sake of this explanation, I'll just be calling them voice1, voice2, etc. Import them as sound effects.

2. In your event where someone is talking, choose the voice file for whatever they'll be saying and put that in first. For example, add voice1. Next, add a line of text immediately after the voice file, with the text itself being whatever is said in that file. This causes the sound effect (voice acting) to play as the text box appears.

3. Add a command immediately after the text box that stops the last voice file from playing. If you don't do this, then you'll have overlapping dialogue playing if the player button mashes through conversations without letting each file fully play.

4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until you're done with that dialogue sequence.

Should be simple enough to do, just time consuming.
Unless you are a good reader, you would bore the players to sleep.

Try this : http://www.naturalreaders.com/
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Pro tip: no matter how bad your writing is, your voice acting is even worse.
author=LockeZ

I found this out the hard way xD

Anyway I did once find a short rm2k3 game with voice acting in the battles, and for things like emotes, but not full and direct text to speech, eg/ "can't do that" message the character would say something like "I don't know how to move that!"

It's do able and certainly can add emotion to the game, but it's a lot harder and easier to do badly than some emotes and movement during scenes.
author=LockeZ
It's not the fact that your game lacks vocal emotion. It's the fact that your writing lacks emotion. I agree with LockeZ. You should probably work on your story more and worry about voice acting second. Because they both go hand in hand, and the latter is MUCH harder to effectively pull off than the first.
Pages: 1