[VX] HELP WITH TRANSFERS?

Pages: 1
Hello!

I have some transfers set up from the end of an open hallway to a larger area, but instead of being able to turn back around and leave from the spot you were transferred to (like with doors), you have to take a step forward, turn around, and take a step back for the transfer to work.

Is there a way to make it to where the step forward is not required? Any help is appreciated!

Here is a link to a picture of the area, if it helps at all: http://sta.sh/0zpuzy0pvhq
I've never used VX. But I'm assuming there are conditional branches like every other engine. In your "transfer" event make a conditional branch that has a condition of the Hero sprite facing in the direction you want to return too. That way when you teleport to a new area. You should be able to just turn around and teleport back.

I can elaborate more if needed.
I've actually tried that, but it doesn't work. It just keeps the transfer from working if the player is facing in the wrong direction.
Hi Vegeluxia,

Teleport/transfer your party one square ahead of the event which will teleport you back to the previous map.
author=Zachary_Braun
Hi Vegeluxia,

Teleport/transfer your party one square ahead of the event which will teleport you back to the previous map.

This is what I normally do myself. I realized what I told you before wouldn't work.

There is a way to do it how you were asking though. Put an event behind where you teleport too. Same layer as hero, and add the condition branch, "facing the direction you want." As long as you don't teleport on top of it. You can activate it by just turning around.
Oh geez, I can't believe I didn't even think of that.

Thank you both very much! That solves my problem.
Pages: 1