WHY MY GAME IS STILL PENDING?

Pages: first 12 next last
Its been 24 hours but yet its not approved yet and its still pending.
Could an Admins approve it?
24 hours (especially one that spans a Sunday) isn't that long. Just be patient.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Man. You should just put a notice that "your game will typically be reviewed within the next 30 days" when someone submits a game, so the entitled bitches will quit bothering you guys.
author=LockeZ
Man. You should just put a notice that "your game will typically be reviewed within the next 30 days" when someone submits a game, so the entitled bitches will quit bothering you guys.

LOL That was too harsh XD They are just worried, that 's all. :D
What I find funny is that the OP had already made a post like this in the past. You'd think that he'd get it by now, but noooo...
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I've worked 20 of the last 29 hours. I will be going through submissions at some point today.

Thank you for your patience.
author=LockeZ

8. Be patient

Be patient when submitting something to the database and avoid posting messages along the lines of: "What's taking so long?!" It might take a few days before your game gets approved.
Was wondering about this. I feel more relieved knowing it can take a few days!
Typically, due to working hours and depending on things like season, time, events and the like, it can take upward to a week.
Don't fret too much about it. If you're waiting and worried about whether it'll get accepted, feel free to tweak the page a bit and double-check your grammar/spelling and whatnot. Add a few better pictures, learn a bit of css and mess around with it for page presentation. Design a banner/logo for your page so that it looks different to other pages.

All things to help you while away the time and make your page more likely to be accepted. ^.^

Or, you know, work on your game too. ;p
Asking once about pending because you didn't read all the sticky threads - ok.
Asking about it twice - whyyyyy.
author=LockeZ

This. So much. I approve.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=LockeZ
This. So much. I approve.

I don't think it's "entitlement". From the perspective of a personal creator I think it is a matter of excitement. Aka, you want to share your hard work with everyone right away. (And be honest, game makers work long hours too. I'm not saying mods and admins work less diligently but you have to show respect to both parties.)

The point is yeah, there is info that clearly states a game pending approval takes around 24 hours. That's the first thing people see when reading the rules of the site. There might be "additional rules" and a sub section but you can't be mad at people simply for being naive. (Or you can be but think back to how you were when you were practically a "noob" yourself.)

Personally I have a love/hate relationship over the concept of a panel of judges. On one hand, it ensures only quality products get the green light which is a very good thing! It would suck to have to endure playing rpgs that consisted of one room and didn't even have properly scripted events.

On the other hand, it feels a bit constraining. Aka, it feels like even as an indie developer I have to answer to some sort of higher "VIP club" just to get my works out there.

I also shudder to think what could happen if a person in charge of "okaying games" disliked me as a person or at the very least carried a small grudge. Would that factor into the decision making process? I certainly hope not!

Fortunately my first impression of RMN has been highly positive! It's been fun messing around with the CSS options. Due to that I'm a bit glad my game wasn't published right away. It gave me some time to learn the system and pretty stuff up!
Glad you're enjoying the site so far.

You needn't worry about personal bias when it comes to 'judging' games, though. For one, Decky's good at removing biases if he even has any, and secondly, if there are any questions about the fitness of a game (or blog/article/tutorial and the like) to be added to the site it's brought up among staff and we all get to weigh in. Most of the time it's just small revisions that we ask of people.

A lot of the time people put up any old screenshot and forget that they're trying to compete with every other game on the site (some of which are eyegasmically beautiful) or have spelling/grammar errors in their description. The few that aren't are looked at carefully and given tips on how to improve so that they can be added.

We want every game to be added here, without the issue of having terrible content for game players, so we're pretty open to letting people know what they need to improve. There's also the screen shot topic where people can post images of their games to get help and another topic where we encourage and help with fixing peoples' descriptions. As well as that CSS tutorial I pointed out yesterday. ^.^
author=kentona
author=LockeZ
8. Be patient

Be patient when submitting something to the database and avoid posting messages along the lines of: "What's taking so long?!" It might take a few days before your game gets approved.

Isn't that from the article which lists the rules? I think LockeZ means that when you click Submit Game, a pop up window should tell the person very clearly that it will take X amount of time for a decision. It seems like these troublemakers aren't seeing the rules, or they are "looking" at the page but not "reading" and understanding the rules. Kind of like updating iTunes, you have to click I AGREE. Do that.

author=BrokenH
The point is yeah, there is info that clearly states a game pending approval takes around 24 hours. That's the first thing people see when reading the rules of the site. There might be "additional rules" and a sub section but you can't be mad at people simply for being naive.

Actually, the info suggests that it will proably take over 48 hours. And at some point you can get a little mad when the info is there, efforts are taken to make it clear, but the new users are not putting their share of effort into understanding it.

Personally I have a love/hate relationship over the concept of a panel of judges. On one hand, it ensures only quality products get the green light which is a very good thing! It would suck to have to endure playing rpgs that consisted of one room and didn't even have properly scripted events.

On the other hand, it feels a bit constraining. Aka, it feels like even as an indie developer I have to answer to some sort of higher "VIP club" just to get my works out there.

The standards are pretty damn low. If you can't meet them, then there are places in the forums to help understand how to better your game. Read articles, follow tutorials, ask question, post screens. Again, it falls back to these new devs not putting in enough of an effort into their craft. Even if it's a simple hobby.

I also shudder to think what could happen if a person in charge of "okaying games" disliked me as a person or at the very least carried a small grudge. Would that factor into the decision making process? I certainly hope not!

Nah, that doesn't happen. New users wouldn't even give the person in charge a reason to spite them; they're new. If you want to piss him off, stick around and be an ass. And rag on the band Rush.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
author=kentona
8. Be patientBe patient when submitting something to the database and avoid posting messages along the lines of: "What's taking so long?!" It might take a few days before your game gets approved.

You would assume that this is in "New to RMN?" FAQs or "Submissions Rules", the two logical places. It is actually under "Code of Conduct" which I sincerely doubt that many of RMN's longstanding members have even bothered to visit. No wonder new members are clueless about how long the approval process might take ...
I’m pretty sure that Solitayre and co. need some time to, oh you know…sleep.

Also, it’s summertime; most people have plans.

Like…

Lib’s probably at the beach.
Decky’s getting a suntan.
Shinan thinks he can waterski.
And Solitayre is sitting on a lawn-chair playing on his 3DS.

(Oh, and Kentona cooking the burgers -- medium setting.)

Just give them some time.
Sounds like you've got the story for your next comic: Staff holidays.

For the record, though, it's currently winter in Australia so think less beach, more electric blankets and books. ;p

@Edchuy: Yeah, I was just checking before and there's nothing on times in the sumbissions area or submissions guide. There is a mention in the second thread linked in the submission area, though - What to do if you're project is rejected. But we should probably add something to the actual Game Submission Page.
Did I say "beach?" Er, I meant to say "Ski Resort". ^^
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
author=Liberty
@Edchuy: Yeah, I was just checking before and there's nothing on times in the sumbissions area or submissions guide. There is a mention in the second thread linked in the submission area, though - What to do if you're project is rejected. But we should probably add something to the actual Game Submission Page.

Agreed. I mean, now it makes sense to me why people probably know it because they've heard about it or experienced it first hand rather read about it.

author=Liberty
Sounds like you've got the story for your next comic: Staff holidays.

For the record, though, it's currently winter in Australia so think less beach, more electric blankets and books. ;p

I second the idea for the next comic. Also, I had no idea electric blankets were needed in Ausieland. I guess the only times I have gotten to see how weather there actually is, have been during the Australian Open and the Sydney Olympics.
Depending on where you live it can get rather cold. Granted, not Canadian cold, but still chilly enough. For reference, where I live is pretty temperate. In high summer get get around 30-46*C and during winter around -3 to 5*C. Again, not bitterly cold, but cold enough to bust out an electric blankets at night.
Other areas get a lot colder, with plenty of snowfall. And in Queensland they rarely fall below 10*C in winter.

Australian Open and the Olympics were both held in summer, so it's no wonder you were confused. ^.^
Pages: first 12 next last