STREETS OF THE UNDEAD (YOUR THOUGHTS)

Pages: first 12 next last
Recently had to format my whole laptop after a windows update because it wouldn't let me log back in so the game i was working on and everything i had developed so far got deleted. I got discouraged after that like i didn't know if i should continue or try something else so i decided to try making a different game. Streets of the Undead is the title. I really got nothing as far as a main character or design for it yet but here's like a small summary, the game will be set around the time of hip hop and when crack hits new york city (Also in NYC). A new drug enters the scene which people find far better than cocaine but unfortunately this drug kills its users and they come back as a zombie wanting more of this drug. The music in the game will be heavily focused on hip hop. If you have any ideas on something that would make it better and anything regarding its story line or maybe a script i could use feel free to tell me.
Sounds like this would be set in the mid-late 80's??? Maybe instead of having a new drug, have a tainted shipment of cocaine that was sabotaged by the "KGB Occult Warfare Regiment". Could have bit of fun here with Libyan terrorists and other eighties baddies.
Yeah i was thinking of making it kind of like a conspiracy like the drugs being maybe an attack from another country.
" 'Project Rasputin' is our last chance the destroy America, Comrade." Let the world tremble in fear as those Capitalist Pigs devour each other like animals"

"Most fitting Comrade a truly dreadful weapon. And we alone have the cure."

Well the main thing here is don't just make another fucking zombie game. Try to do something with style.
I'm not quite sure what I mean. It's probably just a kneejerk reaction to zombie overdose.

So far you have a setting (New York city during the start of Hip-Hop) and a theme (a street drug that turns users into zombies) I think you can do a lot with that. Maybe make your lead a Shaft-like detective? It fits the setting He's a badass motherfucker with plenty of street cred and if he notices something strange going down he might just be man enough to do something about it.
LOL! Interesting though at first i was going for a drug dealer as the protag
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Relevant:

Yes I just linked an entire film

But if you want the cliffnotes version, look up Black Dynamite on wikipedia, I guess
But it's worth it to watch the whole thing.
Lmfao! Seen it and the anime hmm maybe not exactly in the 80s probably will be in the 90s have not did any real research to decide yet.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, it's a good outline to follow for a small group of vigilantes fighting against a massive drug conspiracy, where the drug intentionally causes horrible side-effects.
1) Protagonist's brother is killed due to involvement with drug lords
2) Protagonist decides to get revenge against drug lords
3) Unknown figures are working with drug lords, revenge backfires
4) Drugs start taking effect, causing massive nationwide levels of dick shrinkage zombification
5) Protagonist starts taking down the drug lords with more effective methods, but each success only reveals that the conspiracy goes higher than previously thought
6) The unknown figures working with the drug lords are revealed to be the federal government
7) Protagonist and his pals bust into Washington D.C. to stop the problem once and for all
8) Protagonist and Richard Nixon engage in a nunchuck battle to the death in the oval office
9) The first lady clings to the proagonist's leg and puts her hand on his bare chest with infatuation as the credits roll
I personally like the drug dealer protagonist a lot more. Even though i have no avatar and u have no idea who i am lol, i just think y not go w/ ur first idea, plus its incredibly unique/ cool.

Also, 80s sounds cool. :) i rly like ur game idea.
Project Viral 2: Outbreak (Current Title for this Game at the moment, has a short demo release) is pretty much pushing this theme Lockez aside from the fact that it wasn't drugs that caused the virus, it was the military creating a super soldier drug in a way.

Interesting, I'd like to see this in development. Like all horrors I'd definitely try out your release.
I want to take inspiration from obsorber but he doesn't like replying to my messages lol. Project viral is amazing didn't beat it yet. here's kind of wallpaper for my game made the wallpaper today.
Just take you time and plan everything out as much as you can before you start.

And doing a little research never hurts. If nothing else listen some old school hip hop while you kill some zombies; or watch movies from the period just try to get a feel for how this thing is going to work.

and when you get stuck just ask yourself. What would Samuel L. Jackson do?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Billwilliams
Well the main thing here is don't just make another fucking zombie game. Try to do something with style.

Why is there such hate for zombie games? I only get irritated because I'm making one.

It's like saying "dear god don't make another fantasy game" or "don't make another vampire game"
It's just a theme like every other game, and if anything when done right it takes a lot of original thought and design because you're limited unless you go RE style and start having monsters and people turning into warping-around super soldiers. (which just gets ridiculous after awhile)

Not to deviate from the OT, but what's the difference between a modern zombie game and one set in the 80s? It's still about zombies.

It's definitely a cool idea, I can see it being abit silly though at times, like most of the 80s. Like Black Dynamite.

(seriously though, I can find 10000 fantasy games on here and only a handful of zombie games, which I'd rather try out anyway because I can play a shit ton of commercial fantasy game which are better. There's like what, four big name titles for zombie games? Most branching out from just having zombies.)
Yeah well hes in titled to his own opinion so whats the zombie game your making about?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
He definitely is, not trying to start a fight. It's just like why hate on zombie games? Especially "don't just make another fucking zombie game" It's like damn, harsh.

Technically mine aren't "zombies" in the traditional sense, they are infected.
It's just a virus that has made people infected. In the game the main characters will never really figure out how it happened or what caused it, just endure the effects of the catastrophe.
I don't want to give too much away, but it's heavily inspired by the old George A Romero films.
So i decided to go with a hip hop oriented character so meet the main character graffiti artist "shadow"
the year will be in the 90s.
Pages: first 12 next last