'ELLOOO! I'M KATEH, AND I'M ENTIRELY NEW TO THE FACT...

Pages: 1
...That there are ways for an individual to create a videogame with out a college degree! ^^;;
Anywhoo, Hello everyone!
The reason I joined here is to learn how to make videogames. I have very little experience with code and some experience with Inkscape and GIMP.
I don't have a lot of money or a way to pay online, so it makes obtaining things difficult...

I-- I have a big dream, too. I have this world inside that I have daydreaming and adding ideas to for 7 years now that I so badly want to get down in some shape or form. Writing seems inadequate, and a manga might work... But what about a videogame? It's been a daunting thing for me to fully conceptualize into a form for others to enjoy.
So I guess... I'd love a mentor who can help me learn the skills I need. I'm hoping to make some friends, but I have to focus on my goal: I want to grasp my dreams and have them become real. I don't want to wake up and find that what I want isn't there because it isn't real. So that's how I chose my username: GraspingDreams.

If you guys see me, cheer me on. I want so badly to follow through for once and make my dreams real.
So I guess now the question is-- Where do I start?
You came at a pretty good time, actually. Recently, kentona wrote an article that may serve as a good start:

http://rpgmaker.net/articles/802/

And this would be a good second read:

http://rpgmaker.net/articles/235/
Hello there! I hope you'll enjoy your stay at RMN.
You should start out with RPG Maker 2003 since it's free easy to use.
There is no coding involved, so it'll be easy to learn.

Once you feel that you've explored RPG Maker 2003 enough,
save up some money and purchase VX Ace from here.
Welcome to RMN, and the world of Rpg Maker Kate! For beginners(and those who don't feel like spending $70), try out this: http://tryace.rpgmakerweb.com/download-lite/ VX Ace Lite, is pretty good if you want to make a small, or practice project, and move onto the full Ace version when you feel ready.

If you need advice on anything, don't hesitate to ask, as most of us are here to help each other improve~

Also, on the friend note..more the merrier! d=( ^ o ^ )=b
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Let us start. Violator!

I would also like to suggest starting with VX Lite, since it actually is free (2K3 isn't, despite what Ven01273 says).
author=Sana
Welcome to RMN, and the world of Rpg Maker Kate! For beginners(and those who don't feel like spending $70), try out this: http://tryace.rpgmakerweb.com/download-lite/ VX Ace Lite, is pretty good if you want to make a small, or practice project, and move onto the full Ace version when you feel ready.

If you need advice on anything, don't hesitate to ask, as most of us are here to help each other improve~

Also, on the friend note..more the merrier! d=( ^ o ^ )=b

I did download he light version. ^^~<3 but... Where do you get add ons for maps, sprites, and other things for building your game with it?
Welcome to RMN! I guess everyone else covered the basic stuff, so I guess I'll keep it to the usual stuff; constructive criticism is your friend; don't fear it, use it! I guess if you have any other questions, shoot a question on the forums or PM me if its too touchy for the forum.
Hey Dreams :D Welcome. Having so much of time spent on a story is going to be a pain in the ass to adapt, Just warning you, not to prevent you from doing it, but the opposite.

Hope you like the community :)
author=Ven01273
Hello there! I hope you'll enjoy your stay at RMN.
You should start out with RPG Maker 2003 since it's free.
There is no coding involved, so it'll be easy to learn.

Once you feel that you've explored RPG Maker 2003 enough,
save up some money and purchase VX Ace from here.

RM2k3 is NOT free, by the way. It is pirated a lot.

Welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay!
author=kentona
RM2k3 is NOT free, by the way. It is pirated a lot.

Oh, well then, I gotta have a talk with my sister.
Pages: 1